• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m really not a fan of the idea.😖SW is just too big. We already have fun little tidbits like Mark Hamill, and Biggs and Wedge in Twilight Town, but I really wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea of talking to Luke (or Ray) in a franchise that already has a huge traction of its own.
It is pretty big, but they can chose from so many locations and stories. (although they will probably be going with ROTJ).

And it’s clear with KH4, they are removing Sora from the established to make him a stranger in a strange place. I think the point is to put him into something well-established—to be in a place that is bigger than he is. Throwing him right into the climax of a galactic war is the sort of experience Sora can’t smile his way through. And he probably won’t arrive at a point where things are relatively peaceful. He’ll probably be right in the midst of the action.

And this game is probably the best place to do this. It’s honestly why I’m happy this is happening, and why I hope Marvel is here, too. This is their chance to have Sora in these larger-than-life stories before sending him back into what we are familiar with.

Xagzan

Awards
Hey wait a minute. Maybe someone already mentioned it, but I just realized. Endor? Return of the Jedi?

What the hell? Why would they introduce Star Wars there, at the final battle? What about A New Hope? Sora should experience it all from the beginning, be part of the journey from Tatooine to the trench run in the gummi ship. Hoth to Cloud City. Why on earth would they waste the vast majority of the trilogy and jump right to Endor? That's massively disappointing.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Hey wait a minute. Maybe someone already mentioned it, but I just realized. Endor? Return of the Jedi?

What the hell? Why would they introduce Star Wars there, at the final battle? What about A New Hope? Sora should experience it all from the beginning, be part of the journey from Tatooine to the trench run in the gummi ship. Hoth to Cloud City. Why on earth would they waste the vast majority of the trilogy and jump right to Endor? That's massively disappointing.
If it does turn out to be SW, perhaps Nomura's thinking of it as a one-time thing that's related to Quadratum somehow and that Quadratum (and SW by extension) is a place that won't be accessible to Sora for future visits?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
And this game is probably the best place to do this. It’s honestly why I’m happy this is happening, and why I hope Marvel is here, too. This is their chance to have Sora in these larger-than-life stories before sending him back into what we are familiar with.
I find it a bit overwhelming having both Star Wars and Marvel introduced at the same time.

We barely got Pixar in KH3.

Maybe Star Wars for kh4

Marvel for Kh5

Fox properties for Kh6 (Anastasia world)

Xagzan

Awards
If it does turn out to be SW, perhaps Nomura's thinking of it as a one-time thing that's related to Quadratum somehow and that Quadratum (and SW by extension) is a place that won't be accessible to Sora for future visits?
If it is then you should still think to start at the beginning, at least leave the option open instead of closing doors.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

RotJ gives them the most things to play with. The big ground battle, a bigger space battle for the gummiship, the only lightsaber duel in the trilogy that Vader lost, possible Palpatine bossfight as well, Light/Darkness/Heart speeches with Luke. New Hope could have the Death Star run but it would be mighty awkward to make Vader vs. Obi-Wan into a bossfight.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Tatooine...I can live without. The other worlds, though, would be welcome additions, and I can only imagine what a battle on the original Death Star would look like. In lieu of the lost potential, starting off around Episode VI would mean that Sora interacts with Master Luke instead. As this is the beginning of a new arc, Sora will need a lot of mentorship to both survive in this new universe and continue to grow as a character, similar to what Yen Sid's mentor role was up until now; Luke will be better suited to guiding Sora (and the player, by extension) throughout the story as a jedi master.

I wonder if they will start on Endor or will Sora get to see Leia kill Jabba the Hutt

Carrie would have wanted it this way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wonder if Sora would turn into an alien on Endor or get Jedi clothes as a form change?

Welp, now the "alien" idea made me think of Sora as an Ewok for a short moment, lol.

On a serious note though I'd expect Sora to gain an outfit similar to the Rebel Commando uniforms to blend in with the surroundings on the forest moon like the other characters since it is to be expected that he will be on the side of Han, Leia and the Rebel Alliance.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Wonder if Sora would turn into an alien on Endor or get Jedi clothes as a form change?
Okay that actually sounds pretty cool. Alien Sora with a Lightsaber like Keyblade. But if he goes without Donald, will the magic still work? Or do Sora's clothes cover that aspect now?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Donald’s magic doesn’t have to be explained but if it comes to it, there’s Magick. It’s associated with the dark side but it does things usually associated with traditional magic in fantasy.

There’s so many odd aliens that Goofy and Donald can easily fit in.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Donald’s magic doesn’t have to be explained but if it comes to it, there’s Magick. It’s associated with the dark side but it does things usually associated with traditional magic in fantasy.

There’s so many odd aliens that Goofy and Donald can easily fit in.
I see. Think we'll get Heartless Stormtroopers that never hit their target?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay that actually sounds pretty cool. Alien Sora with a Lightsaber like Keyblade. But if he goes without Donald, will the magic still work? Or do Sora's clothes cover that aspect now?
I don't think we are doing any worlds besides Quadratum without Donald and Goofy. But if we revisit Quadratum, we will probably have them join too.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't think we are doing any worlds besides Quadratum without Donald and Goofy. But if we revisit Quadratum, we will probably have them join too.
If they join then Donald and Goofy must turn into a regular duck and dog. Sora walks Goofy with a leash and Donald waddles after them quacking. Make it happen, Square!

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
If they join then Donald and Goofy must turn into a regular duck and dog. Sora walks Goofy with a leash and Donald waddles after them quacking. Make it happen, Square!
That would be awesome, but I had something more like this in mind:
large.gallery_59331_1922_44181.jpg.2127de04faca9be9cc188418b629c1f1.jpg

Back