• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XVI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Disappointing but predictable. They could at least show artwork from something new.
I will be surprised if this comes out before 2023, but if it's gonna be as good as FF14 apparently is it will be worthy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Disappointing but predictable. They could at least show artwork from something new.
I will be surprised if this comes out before 2023, but if it's gonna be as good as FF14 apparently is it will be worthy.
Apparently it was meant to come out at the end of 2021, and Yoshi-P’s message says there’s only been a half year delay (which fits the delays that XIV saw).

Spring blow-out to September - December 2022 release is highly likely. Save 2023 for FFVIIR-2 😋

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, that's disappointing. I assumed it would be out by Winter 2022, but now I'm guessing 2023. :/

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Wow, I can't believe that after this summer it will have been two years since the announcement already, feels like it was just yesterday.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I suspect we'll get more info soon. Considering ffxvi is part of that new final fantasy shirt line

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've heard this theory all around. When do these shirts come out? All we got was a blurry concept.
Apparently in late April, according to a website that saw the shirts on the Vietnamese version of Uniqlo's website.

With KHIV, a tentpole franchise for SE, announced and Forspoken, a new tentpole franchise, pushed from May to October, the rest of Spring is Square Enix's for the taking to do the big re-reveal for FFXVI. I just hope it is sooner rather than later since we're almost halfway through Spring.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
ff16_02.jpg

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So it's FFXVI in 2022, FFVII Part II in 2023 and KH IV in 2024?
I think FINAL FANTASY XVI will be a 2023 title. Episode II of FFVII Remake? Maybe late 2023. As to KINGDOM HEARTS IV, maybe late 2024, early 2025 (March 2025 to coincide with the series' anniversary)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Right now the development of FF16 is in its final stage. As a single player game, we are aiming to integrate story and gameplay even further. Different to a game where many people play online at the same time, the extent to which the game has an individual focus changes how immersed you are in the story. I think it's become a story with quite a lot of depth. To people who have grown up, entered working society and think "reality isn't as easy-going as a video game", and at some point ended up separating from Final Fantasy, we want to want them to remember their passion from back then. We're making the game with that intention.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
So about the update Yoshida said we would get in spring, it's already May... Hopefully we get a new trailer soon.

Last edited:
Back