• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Characters in KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
She would've been the natural pick for Olympus in 3 (after Auron in 2 and Cloud in 1), but alas...

I was going to respond to your post with "That's because they only ever incorporated new FF characters in a new main title and the only one that came out since 2 was 3, which was by the time Nomura was bitter about FF," but I realized that's not true. Zack was in BbS, after all. Which made me think about what FF character could've been utilized in 3D, for example. I thought it would be interesting if Auron had reappeared in that game in the sleeping realm because, having "faded away" at the end of 2, he had either returned to or become a part of the dream world (sort of relating to Zanarkand being the dream of the fayth in FFX). Come to think of it, they could've also included Jecht as a secret boss in the 3D considering he was from the Zanarkand dream in FFX, too.
Very early on I thought that Lightning was going to be in Olympus in KH3. Hades could have tricked her into believing that he could help Serah if she killed the gods of Olympus. Imagine a fight against Lightning with the titans by her side.

This may be crazy, but I think FFX version of Tidus (not the KH1 version) could have appeared in KH3D. It could have been Tidus' dream interacting with the dream worlds or something. I think the reason they didn't do FF in KH3D is because they went all out with The World Ends With You - which I loved.

gulava

Awards
never played FFVIII, what does she do?
starting a rebellion, shooting a dog off her arm, and teasing squall

0f1126e60f7bb14b452b4d878ae81c2302f74cb0.gifv

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Rinoa... she was teased in kh2 and i was hoping she would make a cameo in kh3
View attachment 15137
She has to be part of a new Final Fantasy quad for Kingdom Hearts IV. Her, Lightning, Balthier, and Sazh would make for a nice group. I could see them as the Final Fantasy characters who reside in The Land of Departure.

I never played FFVIII, what does she do?
She's Squall's love interest.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I definitely didn't want to see Rinoa (never a fan of that character), but at the same time 2 clearly was setting her up to be shown in the next one. Unfortunately, the long wait between games means most of Nomura's thought process changes by the time he finally gets around to the next one and so many little things like that go nowhere.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I definitely didn't want to see Rinoa (never a fan of that character), but at the same time 2 clearly was setting her up to be shown in the next one. Unfortunately, the long wait between games means most of Nomura's thought process changes by the time he finally gets around to the next one and so many little things like that go nowhere.
I will never understand why Nomura assumed that people didn't want Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts anymore just because Final Fantasy crossover games became more common.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I will never understand why Nomura assumed that people didn't want Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts anymore just because Final Fantasy crossover games became more common.
Did he really think that? I thought it was just in 3D he used The World Ends With You instead of Final Fantasy. Then when KH3 came about he was mad about how they treated him with FF XV and left out the FF characters (still had FF references though).

Alexxio M.

Awards
Is it plausible that the world from FF6 exists in the kh universe and if so is it possible for more characters from that game to appear in kingdom hearts. Also things from Final Fantasy Tactics, FF13 and Type 0 could work. Tactics could be fun and the other two are there because of the whole versus 13 thing.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I genuinely hope they're only included if Nomura actually has a fun idea for them, rather than just ticking a box. It's one of those things where I really only care if they play a role in the actual video game, rather than just appearing in cutscenes and disappearing when you're in control, like the TWEWY gang. Nothing scares me more than a favorite of mine, like Zidane, appearing in KH4 and never actually playing a tangible role in the gameplay. It just seems so pointless to me!

2 quid is good

Awards
Personally I think the "We had too many characters so there wasn't any space for them" excuse will once again reign supreme
But just with the sheer number of original characters that we have now, it's hard to say what the exact balance is going to be and how it will play out in Kingdom Hearts IV. We can't really give you a firm reply on this just yet

My genius... sometimes it's frightening....

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly, Nomura is kind of stuck with the original Final Fantasy crew because Radiant Garden is a key location. I don't know how he wasn't raked over coals for not including them in BbS or even mentioning them (while Isa and Dilan got screentime), but KH3 he got massive heat when Radiant Garden wasn't even a world they could visit. I personally was expecting them to pop up at the very end in The Keyblade Graveyard with Yen Sid (and Merlin) to join in the fight, but oh well.

I think the only way Nomura can write himself out of this is if he picks one of them to be the "face" of the crew and have that one character interact with "the people at the castle" lol. I assume it would be Leon. That way he can cut the rest appearing on screen, but still have their presence felt with Leon interacting with the main plot.

I will say this though, I do think there is still a chance for the Radiant Garden Final Fantasy crew to get a proper send off. My idea is to have Maleficent return to Radiant Garden for some reason, then the FF crew join Sora to fight her - so Leon and Aerith/Yuffie join the team and you fight Maleficent - maybe killing her once and for all too. That way you close out the arc of the FF crew being pissed at Maleficent (started in KH1) and actually get rid of Maleficent so she doesn't have to be misused any further.

Then moving forward, Nomura can probably insert Final Fantasy characters into DISNEY worlds where DISNEY boss fights are forbidden. For example, Zemus could have been featured in Monstropolis as the final boss or Balthier/Fran could have been a secret boss fight in The Caribbean.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Nomura would never get rid of Maleficent. Nor should he
Either he actually does something with her or just give her a good send off.

Her storyline in coded amounted to nothing in KH3 - which I am relatively OK with... but after Maleficent and Pete's appearance in the epilogue, Nomura HAS to do something big with them in KH4. My idea would be a dramatic altercation between Sora and Luxu - with the box - and Maleficent and Pete execute a DISNEY style robbery of the box in the background. This would lead up to Maleficent and Pete being the mid-point boss and searching for them being a new plot. Not only that, but it can lead to Maleficent and Pete interacting and maybe even beating some Foretellers in combat.

Chie

Awards
That is not how Maleficent's character works.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Combination of Nomura's vision for KH (decidining he'd rather have OC like HPO over FFs like Tidus & crew) and Square's business decisions (why involve the mouse at all for crossing over characters they own). To them, the fans whining about it are at fault for not getting with the program already.

Back