• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
They don't need to "deal with" the Foretellers in this game at all. This is the Lost Master Arc. There are many moving pieces, and the conflict isn't even "beating bad guys" right now (the cast doesn't even know any of these characters exist, and they haven't done anything to antagonize the cast yet). Everything is mysterious still.
Do you think this saga will also expand to around 3 numbered titles?
KH6 showdown against the MoM?

Chie

Awards
I don't think numbered titles demarcate anything in terms of plot content so who knows, although I guess they would be demarcating something if there ended up being parallels between the arcs' structures.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think numbered titles demarcate anything in terms of plot content so who knows, although I guess they would be demarcating something if there ended up being parallels between the arcs' structures.
It just takes me back to how in every numbered title we defeated a version of Xehanort.
First his heartless
His nobody in 2
and his completed self in 3.

I wonder if we will face the MoM in this way.

That's if the MoM is the main baddy. In a way he wants to be defeated because he wants the darkness he is harboring (along with the Furtellers) to be permanently destroyed.

Knowing Sora he is going to want to save them.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
By "deal with" I just meant Kairi meets them, one after the other, over the course of her training, so that by the end of the story the main cast is aware of the foretellers' existence.

EDIT: The final boss of that story would be whatever character prevents SRK or SoKai from being reunited, and the Foretellers would only be defeatable antagonists in one of the next games. They (SRK, Yen Sid and co) would maybe learn that Xigbar was one of the lost masters in this scenario, but not necessarily, and they'd still need to track them all down and figure out the Master of Masters' plan, which would be the main goal of a future game.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Just give me face reveals. You get a face reveal and you get a face reveal AND YOU GET A FACE REVEAL. I wanna slap those damn masks off their faces.
The Foretellers have their faces revealed in Quadratum as the Board of Directors for Play Plus.

Verum-Rex-Kingdom-Hears-3-feature-image.jpg

NoWay

Awards
Was it already mentioned that the EX gauge returned once again during combat?
I wonder if it’s a placeholder for the Focus gauge or if they really want to implement a new mechanic called EX

Awards
Was it already mentioned that the EX gauge returned once again during combat?
I wonder if it’s a placeholder for the Focus gauge or if they really want to implement a new mechanic called EX
It's prolly a placeholder.

I'm just noticing how it's returned to looking like a Drive gauge

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly, I can see why I'm the only one who would want this, and I get it, nobody wants to buy a new console. But I genuinely hope that KH4 will be exclusive to the new gen, to actually use that new and awesome technology. PS5-exclusives like RC Rift Apart show us what amazing things can be done when concentrating on this new-gen, things that would not be able to be done with PS4 and XB One. So yeah

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Honestly, I can see why I'm the only one who would want this, and I get it, nobody wants to buy a new console. But I genuinely hope that KH4 will be exclusive to the new gen, to actually use that new and awesome technology. PS5-exclusives like RC Rift Apart show us what amazing things can be done when concentrating on this new-gen, things that would not be able to be done with PS4 and XB One. So yeah
Glad to have you back, Muke.

I could see a gameplay segment that involves Sora switching between "reality" and "unreality" for this game, something that wouldn't be feasible if it was a last-gen title.

NoWay

Awards

I could see a gameplay segment that involves Sora switching between "reality" and "unreality" for this game, something that wouldn't be feasible if it was a last-gen title.
You mean like Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart?

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

Oh no... like at the end of Melody of Memory?

The Ratchet and Clank mechanic is something I want for KH, but more of what happened in MoM is not what I want for Kairi... or any other heart that's connected to Sora for that matter.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's not about not wanting to buy a new console. I personally have no problem with supporting new gen consoles. But I don't want to be locked out of Kingdom Hearts 4 because of a PS5 shortage, that is out of my control, and I wasn't lucky enough to get one of the few they make because demand is so high, and only few customers will get it. This is a issue Sony should fix before making big PS5 exclusive titles.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You mean like Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart?
Exactly.

It's not about buying a new console. I personally have no problem with supporting new gen consoles. But I don't want to be locked out of Kingdom Hearts 4 because of a PS5 shortage, that is out of my control, and I wasn't lucky enough to get one of the few they make because demand is so high, and only few customers will get it. This is a issue Sony should fix before making big PS5 exclusive titles.
Hopefully, Sony should have sorted out their PS5 stock come 2024.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You're not the only one. I want that to, and other franchises to do so, but it makes it hard saying that and making a case for it when people are still struggling to get the console :(

I'm 100% ready for games to be current gen exclusive. The cross-gen games are still hampered by pop-in and whatnot when that should effectively not be a thing anymore.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The only things I imagine will happen for the next gen versions is Ray Tracing, better load times and maybe a PS5 themed keyblade

but I'm expecting it to be PS5 exclusive

Back