• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH4 Star Wars Speculation: Only the Forest Moon of Endor?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If anything the real problem is

how tf will Palpatine work as a boss

Fucking guy only ever uses one move anymore and it's lightning that killed his ass cuz Rey Sue just...deflected it and he refused to stop.

No wonder they might just do a singular Vader boss
While you fight Vader, Palpatine will shoot electricity at you from outside the fight area.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
In my opinion the Emperor CANNOT be a boss. That's not who or what he represents, Vader fills that role. The Emperor in ROTJ is a personification of the dark side, the temptation made real. Vader is the weapon for that temptation, the clash that truly means something.

Idk make Palpy summon a Darkside heartless or something but don't turn him into something he's thematically not. Prequel and Sequel Palpy maybe but not OT.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In my opinion the Emperor CANNOT be a boss. That's not who or what he represents, Vader fills that role. The Emperor in ROTJ is a personification of the dark side, the temptation made real. Vader is the weapon for that temptation, the clash that truly means something.

Idk make Palpy summon a Darkside heartless or something but don't turn him into something he's thematically not. Prequel and Sequel Palpy maybe but not OT.
Yeah, I think leaving Palpatine in the background looking menacing would be a better choice than making him genuinely fightable.

Also I feel like Sora needs to be hurt so he is forced to watch events unfold similar to POTC3 where Sora couldn’t stop Will from being stabbed.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If anything the real problem is

how tf will Palpatine work as a boss

Fucking guy only ever uses one move anymore and it's lightning that killed his ass cuz Rey Sue just...deflected it and he refused to stop.

No wonder they might just do a singular Vader boss
Force Unleashed is pretty much the template to follow.

HD/Lucasarts version (only uses force powers):

SD/Khrome version (uses his lightsaber from RotS):

EDIT: oh, and then there's the scene in Clone Wars where Darth Maul basically creates the SW Legion of Doom with Mandalorians, Hutt Cartels, and the Black Sun Syndicate all under the command of 2 sith lords and Palpie just bitch slaps him and shut it all down.

EDIT 2: And I suppose there's the more famous scenes to reference.

In short, Palpatine is the most powerful sith lord known to exist and can throw down when he needs to. He simply prefers scheming and manipulation whenever possible.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, I think leaving Palpatine in the background looking menacing would be a better choice than making him genuinely fightable.

Also I feel like Sora needs to be hurt so he is forced to watch events unfold similar to POTC3 where Sora couldn’t stop Will from being stabbed.
I kinda feel like... and this may take away the fun of it for preserving cinematic accuracy... but maybe Sora gets to the room before Luke and has a fight with Vader. After we win the gameplay fight against him, in a cutscene Palpantine destroys us and weakens Sora. Then Luke comes in and the events unfold via cutscene.

Now I don't know how people will feel not fighting alongside Luke, but it will be more accurate to the film. I wouldn't mind Sora fighting with Luke against Vader. I mean, Sora was there to help Mulan, Aladdin, Ariel etc. with their major villain, so why can't he fight with Luke against Vader?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Let's not forget that Luke fighting Vader is not a heroic or triumphant moment. Its a moment of weakness, fueled by anger. If there's a fight in the throne room I would imagine it had to be during a specific moment. Perhaps Sora rushes in when they're already dueling and then he's taunted by the Emperor. Perhaps the Emperor offers Sora a way back home, reading his emotions and using them against him.

Sora could be the voice of reason which is why the Emperor would want to delay him. With that you can insert a Heartless or some troopers as a first phase. Then in the second phase have Sora alongside Luke with a gimmick so as to remind us that Luke fighting Vader is not the right path.

We can have the Disney boss and the Heartless all while maintaining the heart and soul of the movie. Sora rushing in halfway could be because he was delayed by fighting on the Moon and/or during the space battle.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Let's not forget that Luke fighting Vader is not a heroic or triumphant moment. Its a moment of weakness, fueled by anger. If there's a fight in the throne room I would imagine it had to be during a specific moment. Perhaps Sora rushes in when they're already dueling and then he's taunted by the Emperor. Perhaps the Emperor offers Sora a way back home, reading his emotions and using them against him.

Sora could be the voice of reason which is why the Emperor would want to delay him. With that you can insert a Heartless or some troopers as a first phase. Then in the second phase have Sora alongside Luke with a gimmick so as to remind us that Luke fighting Vader is not the right path.

We can have the Disney boss and the Heartless all while maintaining the heart and soul of the movie. Sora rushing in halfway could be because he was delayed by fighting on the Moon and/or during the space battle.
It would be great if Sora said that Luke reminded him of Riku. I love whenever Sora mentions things that happened or main characters while in DISNEY worlds, instead of treating them as this sealed off entity that he can never relate to past information.

Also, you're right that fighting Vader isn't the right path... which folds in to the whole perspective/perception theme. It would also maybe force Sora to question his own motives when helping people in the DISNEY worlds. He just assumes the villain is wrong. I think it would be amazing after that revelation to go to FROZEN II's world and have him be conflicted about the tribe/kingdom's history - to show a recurring theme through the worlds and that the worlds actually have an effect on him.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
There's also another possibility, but we'll have to see when the world is actually shown off more than that; I'll give you a hint.

"This is the way." And by that we may be looking at The Mandalorian. (They use a forest world in that too. And those walkers.) It's a good series but we'll have to see which it is; Return of the Jedi or The Mandalorian.

Both can fit; With the main chara of The Mandalorian, it's a theme of well, uniting Grogu (the child) with his kind (And ya can spin that as his old friends); if you want to check the themes and do NOT have Disney Plus, Wikipedia is not bad on that.

ZeVaine

Awards

1st - Vader, being controlled by darkness, Luke is in your party
2nd Phase - Emperor says "good... good... now finish him" but you stop Luke and remind of friendship, family, light blah blah blah and Luke refuses to fight emperor summons true Heartless boss, Luke leaves your party to tend to his father.
3rd Phase - We beat the heartless but its too late, Luke is now caught in the emporer's lighting in a last ditch effort to kill Luke, and vader redeems himself - throwing the emporer down the hole.
4th Phase - The Death Star is about to fire anyway at Endor, so sora goes on a keyblade rider or some ship, blocks the laser in a QTE event, and then we get the on rails shooter phase where we take down the core of the Death Star which is a huge heartless.

And this isn't even a like some super good idea, its just like a KH way of doing it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It would be great if Sora said that Luke reminded him of Riku. I love whenever Sora mentions things that happened or main characters while in DISNEY worlds, instead of treating them as this sealed off entity that he can never relate to past information.

Also, you're right that fighting Vader isn't the right path... which folds in to the whole perspective/perception theme. It would also maybe force Sora to question his own motives when helping people in the DISNEY worlds. He just assumes the villain is wrong. I think it would be amazing after that revelation to go to FROZEN II's world and have him be conflicted about the tribe/kingdom's history - to show a recurring theme through the worlds and that the worlds actually have an effect on him.
Well see, your mistake is having hope for good writing and common sense in a KH game.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I don’t care about the written context. I just want to beat the crap out of Palpatine.

hatred-strike-me-down.gif

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If Tatooine is part of kh4 guarantee boba Fett will be a boss
Yes, please. The worlds need a nice mid-level boss.

It'd be really cool if part of the fight was avoiding the Sarlacc Pit. Maybe you can even get extra EXP or special items if you throw heartless into it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, please. The worlds need a nice mid-level boss.

It'd be really cool if part of the fight was avoiding the Sarlacc Pit. Maybe you can even get extra EXP or special items if you throw heartless into it.
& if Sora's been hit with the Blind status effect, he can 1 hit kill Boba.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
...y'know I'm wondering

If he wanted Rey to kill him in TROS why did he get pissed and try to kill her with lightning while she was basically doing that
he wanted Rey to kill him in anger, which would allowed him to transfer his spirit into her body and take over as Rey. but that plan was shot after she refused to do so and after his body was restored. he was merely getting rid of a loose end...which backfired splendidly.

Awards
he wanted Rey to kill him in anger, which would allowed him to transfer his spirit into her body and take over as Rey. but that plan was shot after she refused to do so and after his body was restored. he was merely getting rid of a loose end...which backfired splendidly.
Ah

cuz the way he said it in TROS made it sound like killing him at all would do the trick

Back