• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura discusses Kingdom Hearts 4, Missing-Link, and Dark Road in extended Famitsu interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yes, the illusion has been broken, but it was always an illusion, and now we are witnessing the falseness of reality itself.
I think that's what I am struggling with. Because like you said you always had to stretch your suspension of believe pretty far with how the worlds are presented and the more current entries kind of start poking holes in that suspension. It works well with the meta narrative, but really makes me wonder about the in world logic.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I believe Nomura is devious enough to pitch and greenlight his own new IP by hiding it in an existing one
I don't blame him, the executives at Square Enix are likelier to greenlight Nomura's new idea if it's branded under Kingdom Hearts because that's a proven commodity.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't blame him, the executives at Square Enix are likelier to greenlight Nomura's new idea if it's branded under Kingdom Hearts because that's a proven commodity.

But wouldn't that just make it owned by Disney if its under the KH IP? Is Yozora considered a Disney Character like Sora is?

Agroogrooiya

Awards
I honestly wonder what version of Versus these people see in their heads when they look at Verum Rex and KH4.
For me it's the version from TGS 2006. Where Noctis was slicing hittas up left and right with armiger. Obviously KH will never be that violent (thanks Disney!) But I'll be damned if *now* isn't the time to finally make that vision a reality. UE5 is gorgeous when used properly and apparently it is easy enough to develop with if one is familiar to UE4 (i dont know anything about gamedev). So...make it happen.

VR shouldve been the next game imo, just knowing how poorly and *in media res* this series loves to be, i think a VR game explaining Yozora and co + the world of Quadratum from the ground up THE. Segueing to kh4 wouldve been the play

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But wouldn't that just make it owned by Disney if its under the KH IP? Is Yozora considered a Disney Character like Sora is?
Yes and yes. Probably a good thing in Nomura's eyes, means that no one at SE can fuck with it like they did XV.

Chie

Awards
Nomura's position in relation to SE and Disney is like a puppet king who knows he is a puppet and plays the two factions using him against eachother, keeping a low profile to accomplish his real goals.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
That's great! Disney is the best part of KH :)
I love the Disney part but I'm worried about the pacing of Verum Rex. Imagine if you play as Yozora in the Muppets world and then you get a 10 minute cutscene explaining some of Yozora's backstory after finishing that world and then he goes to the next world. (and that happens for the whole game)

Then the end of the game is where most of the original plot takes place

I doubt it will happen again but I did not like that in KH3 (even though there was lots of foreshadowing for the end of the game - some of the Disney Worlds felt a little like filler, can't deny that)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
But Disney might make Nomura add Disney worlds to Verum Rex somehow
Oh I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, if Verum Rex is sold as a KH Spin-Off Disney might ask for KH worlds to feature in it, which might not really jive with the original plot and atmosphere.
Though I could also see them being cool with owning a new FF-eque property and just be like "okay this one is an exception".

SuperNova

Awards
My first impression of Verum Rex was: Clever man that Nomura.

Also the idea of a muppet Yozora is hilarious and now I want a muppet world.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Who the hell doesn't want DISNEY worlds in Quadratum? There's no way in hell we will only explore Shibuya for the entire game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I want to access them like Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure

View attachment 15203
Oh that's cool. Maybe Sora goes to a movie theater and he enters the posters of the films. That would allow Quadratum to be its own world and then just one nexus location where Sora can access all the other worlds.

The only problem is incorporating the Gummi Ship into that.

GreyouTT

Awards
Oh that's cool. Maybe Sora goes to a movie theater and he enters the posters of the films. That would allow Quadratum to be its own world and then just one nexus location where Sora can access all the other worlds.

The only problem is incorporating the Gummi Ship into that.
Maybe they bring back the Dives from 3D? Can't think of any way the Gummi could get there unless that one section in UX where Dolan and Gooby show up in Daybreak was post KH3 and they were trying to use it to cross realms.

Chie

Awards
But Disney might make Nomura add Disney worlds to Verum Rex somehow
I don't think Disney actually pays this much attention.

Disney got picky with some KH3 stuff, because it was an extremely expensive and high-profile game known to the mainstream and used a bunch of more recent brands that Disney considers Very Important. But for the most part they just let Nomura do whatever he wants with his own stuff, which is just one product of thousands they're releasing at a time. Do you think they had to approve the content of X Back Cover?

Back