• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
I wonder if the title “Reunion” means that the game also takes place in the Remake timeline or is it part of the original games timeline?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
They could do both. Maybe have the original ending happen as a normal ending, then have the Remake ending as an unlockable ending if you can manage to hold off the troops at a high enough level.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
They could do both. Maybe have the original ending happen as a normal ending, then have the Remake ending as an unlockable ending if you can manage to hold off the troops at a high enough level.

I always enjoyed plowing through enemies in Crisis Core’s NG+. It would be cool to see the Remake ending at the end of that.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
i think KH4 takes more because the game is bigger in scope and looks way different then KH3. rebirth looks pretty much the same as the remake on ps5 to be honest, probably more touched but nowhere near the upgrade of KH3>KH4.
Yeah, I guess that's my question though—why go back to the drawing board so soon? KH3/ReMind looked and felt great by the end and they spent YEARS building that from the ground up. Maybe Nomura felt like he needed a fresh start with KH4, in which case sure, fine, but I totally would've taken another side game or something in the interim that uses the KH3 system largely as-is. I suppose that's sort of what Missing-Link is but that's a proper budget title.

This is technically a remaster rather a remake. Basically, everything we’re seeing is built upon the original PSP version’s code. So it truly is the same game, but prettier and with improves functions. I don’t think we’d need or want a comparable thing for Union Cross.
For sure, but Crisis Core Reunion seems to be a remaster in the same way NieR Replicant ver 1.22 was a remaster. Remaking Union X would be a different level of effort to be sure, but referring to my other point just above, I'm just a little disappointed we're not getting a similar-scale title for Kingdom Hearts in the interim till KH4—something that recycles/builds off a pre-existing game to cut development time, maybe not quite a major AAA title but still a full-fledged console experience. Fingers crossed about the Unchained X Nvidia thing.

I'm clearly very greedy 😜

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
I wonder if the title “Reunion” means that the game also takes place in the Remake timeline or is it part of the original games timeline?
I think the clue is in the voice cast. We've been told - and KH3 remind is the proof of this - that the Remake voice cast would only be used in Remake properties.

Unless they've decided to rubbish that (I guess it's likely.... so weird how you could rely upon square to call back VAs after years of breaks but now it seems they just don't care)

the red monster

Awards
Yeah, I guess that's my question though—why go back to the drawing board so soon? KH3/ReMind looked and felt great by the end and they spent YEARS building that from the ground up. Maybe Nomura felt like he needed a fresh start with KH4, in which case sure, fine, but I totally would've taken another side game or something in the interim that uses the KH3 system largely as-is. I suppose that's sort of what Missing-Link is but that's a proper budget title.

For sure, but Crisis Core Reunion seems to be a remaster in the same way NieR Replicant ver 1.22 was a remaster. Remaking Union X would be a different level of effort to be sure, but referring to my other point just above, I'm just a little disappointed we're not getting a similar-scale title for Kingdom Hearts in the interim till KH4—something that recycles/builds off a pre-existing game to cut development time, maybe not quite a major AAA title but still a full-fledged console experience. Fingers crossed about the Unchained X Nvidia thing.

I'm clearly very greedy 😜
pretty sure there was an interview with nomura before KH4 reveal, that he said he wants to next game to look proper next gen and keep up with the graphics of other ps5 titles. also this is a new saga so it was the perfect opportunity to step it up.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Square Enix themselves is defining it as a true remaster with new character models, environment textures, etc. If they built this from the ground up, they would market it that way. Yes, there are a lot of improvements including with the UI and controls, but it is still the same game at its core. https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion
Game companies are weird about these words because they keep using "remaster" as a marketing buzz word for what are really remakes.

A real remaster is something like 1.5+2.5, same general game but at higher res.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yeah for example the crash and Spyro collections are called remasters despite being remade from the ground up. They are both extremely faithful remakes though.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Not everything is being built from scratch, though. Though it is the most exhaustive treatment a remaster has (maybe ever) been given my SE. So, it's some weird hybrid. A remakester. I still can't believe the game is 15ish.

But if they reeeally want me to call it a remake, they can start by (re)making a new arm for Lazard (and maybe a new name). That clown limb is creeping me out all bowed like that.

Screenshot_20220617-151519_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Trailer is up on Nintendo's channel and no mention of Cloud or required internet connections. This might just be a legit port.

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
Trailer is up on Nintendo's channel and no mention of Cloud or required internet connections. This might just be a legit port.
i mean it's a remaster of PSP game, it would be ridiculous if they couldn't get it running on the switch. luigi's mansion 3 looks more graphically demanding and it runs fine.

NoWay

Awards
i mean it's a remaster of PSP game, it would be ridiculous if they couldn't get it running on the switch. luigi's mansion 3 looks more graphically demanding and it runs fine.
Didn’t we all think the same about KH1.5 + 2.5? 🤡

PikaPal

Awards
Crisis Core Reunion sounds pretty cool and it's nice to know that plenty of consoles including the Switch is getting a piece of the pie.

English VA wise it definitely has a lot to live up to ESPECIALLY Zack who Rick Gomez had some really funny lines that he totally nailed.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I'm impressed with what they did with Crisis Core and I would love Square to give this kind of remake treatment to other games like FF10, KH1 and KH2.

The game now looks like it was made from scratch to the last generations of consoles. It doesn't look like it was a PSP game at all, so its closer to a remake than a remaster for me. It's a bigger remake than the "HD-2D remakes" they are doing for their 2D games.

Hopefully the FF9 remake from Nvidia Leak is real and something close to this. Something that goes beyond the normal remasters that we are used to have, while keep other things like the story and content intact.

Sometimes fans just want to play the older games they love with updated graphics and the problem with full remakes like FF7 Remake is that sometimes they make changes to the story or other stuff that some original fans don't like.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sometimes fans just want to play the older games they love with updated graphics and the problem with full remakes like FF7 Remake is that sometimes they make changes to the story or other stuff that some original fans don't like.

This is why I think Ever Crisis exists. It's the original with a fresh coat of paint: retaining the original's chibi field and realistic battle styles, while inserting the compilation titles in where they may serve to flesh out the story better this go 'round (and all of those with the updated, uniform aesthetic).

Personally, I wish more people saw the charm in vintage gaming / older graphics, but I love both VII's. And if they ever compile EC for a console experience, like XV Pocket Edition, I'm liable to like that one as well.

Last edited:
Back