• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your favourite play order?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
What different playing orders can you think of and which is your ideal order?

Off the top of my head:

Chronological(ish) order:
UX > BbS > KH1 > CoM > Days > KH2 > Coded > DDD > 0.2 > KH3 > MoM

Collection order:
KH1 > CoM > Days > KH2 > BbS > Coded > DDD > 0.2 > UX/BC > KH3 > MoM

Release order:
KH1 > CoM > KH2 > Days > BbS > Coded > DDD > UnionX > 0.2 > BC > KH3 > MoM

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There can be a "enjoyment" or "pain" order lol, but that comes down to personal preference.

Since I usually skip a game or two for one reason or another I don't have a set order I play the games in, however if I were to right now my order would likely look like this:
KH1, KH2, Days, BBS, KH3, MoM.

I'm saving DDD and 0.2 to play them on a special day, despite already knowing their stories. I don't have Re:Coded and I suck at CoM.

Chie

Awards
there's no reason to do anything outside of release order

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
A. Shan Yu, Pete, Cerberus, Hydra, RePete, Barbosa, Oogie Boogie, Scar, Hades, Jafar, MCP/Sark
B. Axel, Dymyx, Xaldin, Xigbar, Luxord, Saix, Xemnas
C. Lucifer, Mirror, Maleficent, Dragon Maleficent, Hades, 221, Gantu, Peter Pan, Hook
D. Braig, Zack, Master Xehanort/Terranort, Vanitas, Braig, Venitas, Terranort
Now if only KH3 had more save slots I could probably have a few different playlists there too!

Hey, you didn't specify what it was we were ordering!

AR829038

Awards
I actually really prefer chronological order. And it has to include the actual game versions of Days and Coded, otherwise it feels weird.

okhi12

Awards
Either release or chronological order. I think release order is the one that makes the most sense for newcomers, but when you already know the story any order is fine.

I usually respect the release order of the first three games (KH1, CoM, KH2) and play the rest in whatever order I want to.

In respect to other preferences unrelated to the play order I prefer the Final Mix versions over the base versions for obvious reasons. The original CoM and Re:CoM feel like different experiences so I play both (but not one after the other). The same goes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded and their respective movies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I stick to release order, other than that I play Days right after CoM (and before KH2). I don't know, that just feels right since it fits like a glove with CoM's secret ending and all the little hints throughout CoM. But more often than not I skip over Days, BbS, Coded, and 0.2. I only play those when I'm jived to play those specific games themselves again, which can happen randomly after long periods. I go in moods and sometimes I just get an urge for a particular thing. MoM is the same way, I wouldn't play that as part of a story runthrough, but only if I'm simply in the mood for MoM specifically.

Union X and Back Cover are the movies in the ReMIXes, right? I don't believe I've watched them beyond that first time.

Chie

Awards
Back Cover is a movie in 2.8.

Union X is the phone game which you "play" by watching many flash cutscenes on youtube.

okhi12

Awards
Back Cover is a movie in 2.8.

Union X is the phone game which you "play" by watching many flash cutscenes on youtube.
Unfortunalely the app is nothing but a worthless cutscene archive without an option to watch all the important cutscenes by chronological order. I mean the scenes in Daybreak Town, Keyblade Graveyard and the few relevant scenes in Disney worlds.

Unless they fix that with the Dark Road update, youtube is the only way to watch and understand the full story comprising KHX, Unchained X and Union X. It's a shame.

Chie

Awards
It would be the only way in a few years anyway, since telephone games have zero longevity as programs and are designed to fade from existence

Back