• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney announces Disney & Marvel Games Showcase at D23 Expo 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Disney has announced that they will be hosting the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase live at D23 Expo 2022 on September 9th at 1PM Pacific Time. The presentation will be hosted by Kinda Funny’s Blessing Adeoye Jr. and will feature games from Disney & Pixar Games, Marvel Games, Lucasfilm Games, and 20th Century Games.

In addition to all-new announcements, Disney fans can expect new reveals from titles including Disney Dreamlight Valley, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and a sneak peek at the upcoming Marvel ensemble game from Skydance New Media.

The Disney & Marvel GAMES SHOWCASE will be streamed live from D23 Expo 2022 and available to watch on a variety of platforms, including:

Fans attending D23 Expo 2022 in person will be able to watch the showcase live on the Premiere Stage, with a presentation following the livestream featuring developer interviews, special guests, and exclusive giveaways.

Source: Business Wire

Liodin

Awards
If Kingdom Hearts has taught me anything, it's to dream.

Missing Link beta release date, confirming release for console and PC, and a Union X show 🤡

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All I want is Missing Link news. Anything else would be extra but appreciated.

And I guess a Steam announcement for the series.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
With the NA anniversary in September, I would love to see KH get some sort of acknowledgement at this event. I think we’ll get news next month either way, but hoping it is here.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I really hope to see KH there, even though I'm not banking on it. This anniversary has so far been Japan-focused and an overload of merch. With the panel being the day before KH's NA anniversary, it'd be the perfect place to share more news and acknowledge the overseas audience before the year ends.

But of course if the team isn't ready to share anything, it's totally understandable.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
LEGO TSS news? Guess we're getting DLC that a bit meatier than the character packs. Maybe they're finally adding a RotJ Death Star level. God that bugged me that it was just a super short cutscene. Oh, and Whompa beast bossfight too.

Maybe too much to ask but if any KH news, I'd rather get proper Switch ports announcements, or Days remake, UXDR console port, or maybe even KH Warriors by Omega Force than some minuscule KH4 nugget.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Nomura already said it will take some time until they show KH4 again, so I'm not expecting anything that interests me.

SuperNova

Awards
We might get something related to Missing Link, but I'm not holding my breath for anything substantial.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's a week before KH1's North American anniversary, Toy Story's reveal had the biggest crowd reaction at their Level Up Showcase which surprised them last time, it'll have been 6 months since KH4's reveal.

Please Disney, give me something to hope for, something to dream for, something to aspire to.

But please don't be a single piece of concept art 5 years before we see any actual footage of that world.

Spider-Man 2 as well please!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura already said it will take some time until they show KH4 again, so I'm not expecting anything that interests me.
To be fair he said that 4 months ago and then did an interview with GI about KH4 2 months later so it’s really just when Nomura and SE are cool with providing information. I think the idea of saying that was to avoid people expecting anything over the summer during the summer events.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spider-Man 2 as well please!

If we get Spidey 2 and maybe another Wolverine tease, I might just forgive them if KH doesn’t show.

I wonder if that Marvel ensemble game from Skydance could be a Defenders game since a Daredevil game was rumored to be in the works. As far as groups with some name recognition that haven’t had recent adaptions, I can only think of them and F4 at the moment. X-Men too technically if you don’t count Wolverine.

Back to KH’s presence, I still think Disney would want that Star Wars reveal. The audience reaction would be insane. It’d be too big of a deal to reveal in a random YouTube drop or streaming only event.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Epic Mickey! Epic Mickey! My kingdom for Epic Mickey!!
I could go for Disney Infinity Gold Edition (Steam version with all characters included) getting console ports.

He specified there were skipping E3, which didn't even happen. Never said D23 was a no go.
I wonder if that Marvel ensemble game from Skydance could be a Defenders game since a Daredevil game was rumored to be in the works. As far as groups with some name recognition that haven’t had recent adaptions, I can only think of them and F4 at the moment. X-Men too technically if you don’t count Wolverine.
Not quite an ensemble but EA's rumored to be making a Black Panther game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If KH is there then yeah, Missing Link news would be nice. A new KH4 trailer as well showing more of Quadratum and confirming the Star Wars world, and maybe hinting at another new Disney world.

Be cool if they showed Riku or Donald and Goofy reuniting with Sora and helping him fight the Dark side heartless

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Not quite an ensemble but EA's rumored to be making a Black Panther game.
I don't think Black Panther, and by extension EA's Iron Man game, will be there. Didn't they only just rent an office for developers to work on Black Panther?

The ensemble game has my interest since it's from Amy Hennig's studio. I enjoyed her Uncharted games (what they did to Uncharted 4 after she left was upsetting) and the bad luck that followed has been awful to see. She deserves a win so my fingers are crossed for her. Please don't be Eternals, please don't be Eternals

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My wish list of impossible things:

KH items in Dreamlight Valley (hahahaha the game isn’t even out yet)
Star Wars world reveal in KH4 because why not (DO IT)
Spider-Man 2 (Sony would handle this so I don’t expect it)
Marvel vs Capcom but good (GIVE US X-MEN. ALSO I WANT SHE-HULK VS PHOENIX WRIGHT ON PS5 OK)
Missing Link closed beta date (and invites for panel attendees)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm not expecting any KH4 news at D23, but would be pleasantly surprised if there is. I think it might still be a little early for KH4 hype news since they already showed off something in the anniversary event. But the Marvel side of things has me interested. I know it's unlikely but...maybe Marvel Ultimate Alliance 4 perhaps? Fingers crossed.

Back