• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Dark Road General Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ok. Now for our purposes - and I know this is being impatient considering were gonna get a dev livestream tmrw I think - do we assume that July's update pushed August's back to Sept, or wwas there never an Aug update planned from the beginning?

Probably the latter. We may have gotten story updates for UX, but JP made no mention of it in their event calendar so I'd assumed they hadn't planned on being able to prepare anything new this month.

As a side note, I wouldn't really expect anything noteworthy from the stream tomorrow. We'd have already gotten September's event schedule 6 hours prior so I doubt they'll be able to share anything new. With these streams, it's mostly just the community staff recapping what we already know and playing through the events on their own accounts.

zander1995

Awards
At this point, I'm kind of expecting JP to start doing alternating story releases. Dark Road one month, Union Cross the next, then Dark Road again, and that format would probably end up being used to connect both story lines.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
At this point, I'm kind of expecting JP to start doing alternating story releases. Dark Road one month, Union Cross the next, then Dark Road again, and that format would probably end up being used to connect both story lines.

It'd be a way to keep UX/DR running as long as possible... Which would be whack as hell, but they've gotta keep people on the app somehow.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
As for me, finally got level 41. I look forward to the day that I'm just having the emulator on all day for jewel quests. (As I said, that PC is LOUD.)

We'll see about story later, but I'll keep at it, since I'm making a lot of jewels for anni. ^^ Also keeping Streamlink open, I'll be on the Twitch later tonight.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hello got a question please I want to downald kingdom hearts union cross but do I also get dark road or do I have to finish union cross to unlock it? Sorry I’m not that familiar with mobile games

edit I used to have union cross but I stopped playing and eventually deleted it long ago now the story looks hype so I want to get back to it do

Both games are accessible through this one app. You can play either one at any time.

D

Deleted member 252753

I am watching the livestream and it gives a little info on crafting (due October 1st for now, apparently). Crafting materials will be dropped by Heartless you encounter and they can he used to craft accessories like rings giving some bonuses in strength/defence etc. (not much detail about range of perks). You will also need to spend BP to craft accessories though.
Also, pictures of the Roxas and Naminé cards were shown and it seems Naminé is an magic attack card (green upright, I think) and Roxas is a blue reverse physical attack card.

Edit: Also new story update planned for late October/early November :( I think they said that the UX update due on October 1st should bring the feature which will allow you to gain BP for DR while playing UX.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Edit: Also new story update planned for late October/early November :( I think they said that the UX update due on October 1st should bring the feature which will allow you to gain BP for DR while playing UX.
I wish they'd explain how exactly BP is gained from UX

Also the Naminé card is gonna be busted.
EiGerUHWsAA_70y

D

Deleted member 252753

I hope that soon they make it so you can have three decks ready to go like for Keyblades in UX. It's getting annoying swapping water cards in and out for this Icy Beast event every day and then tinkering with it for the Ogre event and then again for grinding 4* Wonderland.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Level cap increased to Lv60.

GreyouTT

Awards
ALRIGHT PLACE YOUR BETS FOLKS, which one comes out first:

- Digimon Survive
- Dark Road
- Battle Network Legacy Collection

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
ALRIGHT PLACE YOUR BETS FOLKS, WHICH ONE COMES OUT FIRST:

- DIGIMON SURVIVE
- DARK ROAD
- BATTLE NETWORK LEGACY COLLECTION
Out of the three, I'm probably most interested in seeing the Battle Network Legacy Collection. That said I think Dark Road is the most likely seeing it seems the lowest effort out of the three.

Awards
It seems like UX and Dark Road have the same origin problem.

An idea Nomura had for a full game but instead he's only left with the option of chibi flash browser game and chibi flash mobile idle game.

Like, remember when he said that the Keyblade War is a story that required like...high power hardware or smth

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It seems like UX and Dark Road have the same origin problem.

An idea Nomura had for a full game but instead he's only left with the option of chibi flash browser game and chibi flash mobile idle game.

Like, remember when he said that the Keyblade War is a story that required like...high power hardware or smth
He had also said he wanted the story of Xehanort's past (now DR) to be told before KHIII.

I have a feeling Nomura had a roadmap for what he wanted delivered before KHIII finally landed, which for a long time was put on hold until Versus XIII/FFXV was finished.
Then the higher-ups take him off that project and suddenly push him to start KHIII, and that roadmap is quickly run off-course and he has to make do.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yen Sid. Where is he during all of this? He, Erauqs, and Xehanort knew each and he’s not even gonna be mentioned
Maybe they meet after all of the other classmates are dead or something. It's possible he could appear in the final Dark Road episodes. But this is nothing new for Kingdom Hearts. They say something happens in the past and then we get a actual game about said past and it's not exactly what we believed it to be. Remember when it was said Mickey banished Pete in KH2 only for it to later be shown to be Minnie who did it in BBS? Mickey wasn't even present and we don't have anything on their past relationship besides alternate world like Timeless River and Musketeers. Or how about Ansem's apprentices, and how that story has changed.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Maybe they meet after all of the other classmates are dead or something. It's possible he could appear in the final Dark Road episodes. But this is nothing new for Kingdom Hearts. They say something happens in the past and then we get a actual game about said past and it's not exactly what we believed it to be. Remember when it was said Mickey banished Pete in KH2 only for it to later be shown to be Minnie who did it in BBS? Mickey wasn't even present and we don't have anything on their past relationship besides alternate world like Timeless River and Musketeers. Or how about Ansem's apprentices, and how that story has changed.
Unless Yen Sid gets his own backstory game, I’m calling Normura out as a liar and walking away to get some ice cream to replenish the innocence blackened by his filthy deceits

Back