• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Why didn't Leon and the gang offer to help Sora in KH1 and KH2?

In KH1, they could have joined in the fight against Maleficent/in Hollow Bastion.
In KH2, they could have helped fight Xemnas in The World That Never Was.
(In KH3, they could have fought at the Keyblade Graveyard - unless you have to be a keyblade wielder to get there).

Soldier

Awards
Why didn't Leon and the gang offer to help Sora in KH1 and KH2?

In KH1, they could have joined in the fight against Maleficent/in Hollow Bastion.
In KH2, they could have helped fight Xemnas in The World That Never Was.
(In KH3, they could have fought at the Keyblade Graveyard - unless you have to be a keyblade wielder to get there).
In KH 1, they likely didn't have the resources to do that much, because prior to closing the door they had their hands full JUST protecting Traverse Town. It's also worth noting that (for them) it'd take a while to get there because of the large amount of heartless ships en route. Though they did end up helping protect some areas of Hollow Bastion after the Ansem Riku fight, and found Maleficent's hidden stash.

KH 2 I don't really have a solid argument. SDG try to adhere to the world order more than other characters who care less about establishing it, and it's clear that Leon and co. know about other worlds by this point. My guess is that it's too dangerous even for them to join the assault on the organization's stronghold, and everyone already there had their own role to play.

There is honestly very little precedent for the Keyblade Graveyard restricting itself to only keyblade wielders,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
But given that it was a pretty exclusive event (seven lights, 13 darknesses) it would've likely led to more casualties than necessary on the heroes' side.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In KH 1, they likely didn't have the resources to do that much, because prior to closing the door they had their hands full JUST protecting Traverse Town. It's also worth noting that (for them) it'd take a while to get there because of the large amount of heartless ships en route. Though they did end up helping protect some areas of Hollow Bastion after the Ansem Riku fight, and found Maleficent's hidden stash.

KH 2 I don't really have a solid argument. SDG try to adhere to the world order more than other characters who care less about establishing it, and it's clear that Leon and co. know about other worlds by this point. My guess is that it's too dangerous even for them to join the assault on the organization's stronghold, and everyone already there had their own role to play.

There is honestly very little precedent for the Keyblade Graveyard restricting itself to only keyblade wielders,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
But given that it was a pretty exclusive event (seven lights, 13 darknesses) it would've likely led to more casualties than necessary on the heroes' side.
Given that in KH1 they were pissed at Maleficent for destroying their home world AND had Gummi Ships galore (thanks to Cid), I never understood why they just stood around Hollow Bastion. They don't even say that they're doing something like "fighting the darkness" like the Princesses of Heart. After the whole "may never see each other again" speech from Leon, it's interesting that he never offers to join Sora on the rest of his journey - let alone any of the DISNEY worlds. In the grand scheme of things - which is more important? Protecting Traverse Town or helping the (at the time) one keyblade wielder save all the worlds?

KH2 made less sense since Leon and the gang were fully aware of different worlds and Radiant Garden could survive without them. Not only that, but when Maleficent reappears in Radiant Garden, they don't even target her or acknowledge that she ruined their home. They didn't bother help fight Xemnas because it was too dangerous, but Donald and Goofy can go? Cloud didn't go with Sora because...?

And well KH3, Nomura went out of his way to make it seem like they didn't exist, but since they do exist... it's just odd that they didn't do anything. They don't even refer to Ienzo or ANSEM THE WISE by name... the same Ansem that Leon seemed to think was so great in KH1.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Having the Restoration Committee fight on the keyblade graveyard would have been pretty sweet. They didn't have to fight the Organization members but I always thought they could have arrived with Yen Sid and helped him hold off the final Heartless tide.

Perfect contribution from them for the climax

Soldier

Awards
Given that in KH1 they were pissed at Maleficent for destroying their home world AND had Gummi Ships galore (thanks to Cid), I never understood why they just stood around Hollow Bastion. They don't even say that they're doing something like "fighting the darkness" like the Princesses of Heart. After the whole "may never see each other again" speech from Leon, it's interesting that he never offers to join Sora on the rest of his journey - let alone any of the DISNEY worlds. In the grand scheme of things - which is more important? Protecting Traverse Town or helping the (at the time) one keyblade wielder save all the worlds?

KH2 made less sense since Leon and the gang were fully aware of different worlds and Radiant Garden could survive without them. Not only that, but when Maleficent reappears in Radiant Garden, they don't even target her or acknowledge that she ruined their home. They didn't bother help fight Xemnas because it was too dangerous, but Donald and Goofy can go? Cloud didn't go with Sora because...?

And well KH3, Nomura went out of his way to make it seem like they didn't exist, but since they do exist... it's just odd that they didn't do anything. They don't even refer to Ienzo or ANSEM THE WISE by name... the same Ansem that Leon seemed to think was so great in KH1.
My guess is that it was the cliche "It's his fight, not ours" kind of spiel that most NPCs in video games say to give a reason why they don't join in the fight with the final boss. Strong as Leon and co. are, you've got to admit they have their limits. By the end of the game Sora, Donald and Goofy can mop the floor with them in tournaments when at the beginning of the game fighting Leon and Cloud in their optional victory fights is very tough. And you've got to remember, Traverse Town is a safe haven for those who lost their homes to the heartless, and as far as we know, the LAST safe haven in the universe at the time. (Plus, I don't think any of the other NPCs can really defend the town, just saying)

To be fair, they had bigger issues when she reappeared, notably causing the number of heartless in the town to skyrocket and lead to the battle of 1000 heartless. It's easy to say "well if they just cut her down then the heartless will fall too" but we all know it doesn't work that way". In armies the leader isn't on the front lines fighting, they're somewhere in the back. And while Radiant Garden is being swarmed, I think they had other things on their mind than revenge.

Nomura definitely wants them out of the series, they served their purpose and now we need a dozen more edgy Riku OC's to fill the ranks, starting with Yozora and ending with Bokora, who's the same as Yozora but with yellow eyes and a horn for a weapon. One of my biggest gripes is not seeing how the restoration committee met with the revived apprentices and their reactions. Would they be hostile towards them, as they're one of the reasons Maleficent took over and robbed them of their home? or understanding that they too were victims all the same. We're just supposed to expect they all kissed and made up off screen and I hate that, could've spent all the time that we wasted in Arendelle and watched those scenes instead.

And did Leon ever acknowledge Ansem as a great leader? In KH 1 he's the one who states that he was the one who was conducting experiments on the heart, which as we all know caused the heartless outbreak.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I didn't think it was weird they weren't that involved in the end world plots, although since Yensid intervened at Keyblade Graveyard, it would've been interesting for the FF characters to be appear at the same time even if they wouldn't help with the final battles themselves (partly because they aren't in the rest of 3).

I do wish they'd been a Summon in KH2 and 3 though.

Awards
My guess is that it was the cliche "It's his fight, not ours" kind of spiel that most NPCs in video games say to give a reason why they don't join in the fight with the final boss. Strong as Leon and co. are, you've got to admit they have their limits. By the end of the game Sora, Donald and Goofy can mop the floor with them in tournaments when at the beginning of the game fighting Leon and Cloud in their optional victory fights is very tough. And you've got to remember, Traverse Town is a safe haven for those who lost their homes to the heartless, and as far as we know, the LAST safe haven in the universe at the time. (Plus, I don't think any of the other NPCs can really defend the town, just saying)

To be fair, they had bigger issues when she reappeared, notably causing the number of heartless in the town to skyrocket and lead to the battle of 1000 heartless. It's easy to say "well if they just cut her down then the heartless will fall too" but we all know it doesn't work that way". In armies the leader isn't on the front lines fighting, they're somewhere in the back. And while Radiant Garden is being swarmed, I think they had other things on their mind than revenge.

Nomura definitely wants them out of the series, they served their purpose and now we need a dozen more edgy Riku OC's to fill the ranks, starting with Yozora and ending with Bokora, who's the same as Yozora but with yellow eyes and a horn for a weapon. One of my biggest gripes is not seeing how the restoration committee met with the revived apprentices and their reactions. Would they be hostile towards them, as they're one of the reasons Maleficent took over and robbed them of their home? or understanding that they too were victims all the same. We're just supposed to expect they all kissed and made up off screen and I hate that, could've spent all the time that we wasted in Arendelle and watched those scenes instead.

And did Leon ever acknowledge Ansem as a great leader? In KH 1 he's the one who states that he was the one who was conducting experiments on the heart, which as we all know caused the heartless outbreak.
Leon also stated that it was "believed" Ansem died fighting off the Heartless in the Hollow Bastion revisit in KH1.

Seems the FF crew legit had no idea what really happened to Ansem until Sora told them what happened in Hollow Bastion, where "Ansem" showed up doin bad shit.

For all we know they could have also believed the Apprentices, if they ever saw em, were merely victims to an invasion of Heartless. And in KH2 they certainly couldn't use AtW's computer for answers.

All they had to go off of was hearsay and reports that, outside of one of em, were written by a completely different person.

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought of a KH oc named Arjun. He takes on the name Agni as a pun. His family is known for their temper.

It got me thinking about how the elemental theme in TAV's names could be a safeguard.

Names have power in most cultures.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just thought of something both dark and hilarious at the same time. If Nomura didn't bring back Roxas and Xion as he said he had a script without them, that would mean that Master Xehanort put more care into his clones then Sora did his. Xehanort had Replicas made not only for his Nobody, but his Heartless, and even younger self. They were not made out of love or care for them, but he still gave them a vessel to live in the present. Meanwhile Sora would let his clones rot away with no freedom to be themselves. For all his self-righteous speeches about existing, hearts, and being your own person this would have been one area he could never criticize Xehanort for. He'd be a hypocrite.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I just thought of something both dark and hilarious at the same time. If Nomura didn't bring back Roxas and Xion as he said he had a script without them, that would mean that Master Xehanort put more care into his clones then Sora did his. Xehanort had Replicas made not only for his Nobody, but his Heartless, and even younger self. They were not made out of love or care for them, but he still gave them a vessel to live in the present. Meanwhile Sora would let his clones rot away with no freedom to be themselves. For all his self-righteous speeches about existing, hearts, and being your own person this would have been one area he could never criticize Xehanort for. He'd be a hypocrite.
Being completely fair Xehanort's clones are his past; Sora's are literally pieces of him whose autonomy leaves him comatose (at least before the stretches that were needed to get them back happened). I actually think that works better and cuts down on character bloat even if tragic. I also wouldn't say it's hypocritical, he believes in people having hearts and such, and his derivatives accepted that he had to be the one to go forward and so came to peace with non-existence. Those scenes with Roxas in KH2 and DDD were all about that. It ends up feeling cheap (along with a lot of things about both Roxas and Xion's sacrifices) since they came back and quite easily too; I guess they weren't that integral to Sora's heart after all. Won't lie a bit salty, would write more but I have work in a bit so I won't write down all of my feelings in the name of rest.

Perkilator

Awards
I just realized that Kairi has a lot in common with Yuri Sakazaki from Art of Fighting.
  • Started out as the damsel in distress
  • Received formal training from a master with much more experience in their fighting style, learning at least enough for self-defense
  • Went mano a mano against the big bad of the franchise, only for the fight to be cut short by circumstances beyond their control (assuming Yuri’s story in Art of Fighting 2 was canon)
  • Both share a desire to prove they can fight to protect who they cherish

WaltK

Awards
In the KHverse, memories are connected, right? When Sora has his memories messed with in CoM, everyone else’s memories are affected too?

So, would the same thing happen if one developed amnesia in a more convential, real world sense? i.e. if you got amnesia via head trauma.

Back