• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is final fantasy 10 a good game to get into the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes. If you're on a KH forum, you'll most likely enjoy the gameplay in Final Fantasy XV (and I assume the Final Fantasy VII Remake as well, although I haven't played that one yet). But if you're looking for a way to jump into a series where most of the entries are turn-based, Final Fantasy X is a good starting point since it still feels modern despite its age, it's a good way to go into the older games or the newer games really.

But if you decide to go with X and play X-2 afterwards, I'd advise that X-2 is quite a different story--that game is a very acquired taste.

neffari0us___

Awards
That depends on how you feel about turn based gameplay
Yes. If you're on a KH forum, you'll most likely enjoy the gameplay in Final Fantasy XV (and I assume the Final Fantasy VII Remake as well, although I haven't played that one yet). But if you're looking for a way to jump into a series where most of the entries are turn-based, Final Fantasy X is a good starting point since it still feels modern despite its age, it's a good way to go into the older games or the newer games really.

But if you decide to go with X and play X-2 afterwards, I'd advise that X-2 is quite a different story--that game is a very acquired taste.
Thanks. I just download final fantasy x and x-2 remastered and am liking it so far ! I’ll keep y’all updated on how it’s going

D

Deleted member 246005

Thanks. I just download final fantasy x and x-2 remastered and am liking it so far ! I’ll keep y’all updated on how it’s going
I liked FF10 but I wasn't a good fit for turn based gameplay. I'll finish ff10 one day so have fun.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
I definitely couldn't suggest a better Final Fantasy to start on aside from X. It has an amazing and heart-tugging storyline that has a lot the same feelings you get in KH so I think it's a great transition in to the FF world. Like others said, it is turn-based so it could take some getting used to if you haven't played one before, but a perfect one to start with. X-2 is great when you finish it as well (imo at least as it does get some hate though). It has a more class-based battle system which is my preferred anyways and builds on the great world of the first.

I would also say XII is a fantastic game to get into as well. A little more mature I'd say, involving empires and politics, but probably one of my favorite FF if not my #1. The battle system is a little more open as well, so you could get gameplay closer to KH.

The open world/battle system just kind of opens up more and more as you get down the line too (i.e XIII, XIII-2, XV).

If you like retro-feel too, FFIV is great. FFX is a fantastic starting point though.

Kimmy1980

Awards
I've only played FFX out of the Final Fantasy games, and LOVED it. Highly recommend it for the amazing story-line and beautiful artwork. One BIG suggestion is to cross train your characters on each others skills. I level grinded like a maniac on this game. I was well into my third round of cross training my characters when I got to the final boss battles. All it took was 3 rounds of holy, a heal, and one more holy, and that was it. Epic fight! Enjoy!

Back