• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link Prototype Test begins January 2023 in Japan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The game utilizes a real world map, though. It’s the only way the walking function can work, unless they aren’t going to have that function active during the test.
It kind of sounds like that's the function they're testing. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to use that to make sure you're in Japan.
I mean, it'd be kind of shitty if for example you do live in Japan, got into the test, then had to go abroad for this or that reason and got locked out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It kind of sounds like that's the function they're testing. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to use that to make sure you're in Japan.
I mean, it'd be kind of shitty if for example you do live in Japan, got into the test, then had to go abroad for this or that reason and got locked out.
I mean if they are testing locally for Japan, would their map data even work for people outside of Japan? That’s the point I’m getting at. Unless you are spoofing the map, I doubt the game itself will function properly, thus the whole needing to be located in Japan.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I mean if they are testing locally for Japan, would their map data even work for people outside of Japan? That’s the point I’m getting at. Unless you are spoofing the map, I doubt the game itself will function properly, thus the whole needing to be located in Japan.
I could see the feature not working if you're outside Japan, but don't games like these borrow the map data from other services and fill the map randomly/procedurally?
I guess I don't really know how features like this are done but it seems like an awful lot of work if they have to develop it region-by-region.

kvyra

Awards
Is that teddy bear just lurking or is it a hidden message?

Attachments

• mainvisual.jpg
    mainvisual.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 12

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was just curious about what everyone thought.
Hmm… well, probably our best go-by here would be First Soldier, which had its closed beta in June 2021, and was released in November 2021. That’s 5 months. If it’s anything like that, June 2023 looks like a good bet. But it’s still not totally clear if this upcoming prototype is the actual closed beta, it kinda sounds like that is happening later. Either way, I feel like summer is a reasonable guess. Unless they want to target the 21st anniversary, but that feels too soon.

AegisXIII

Awards
The artwork is amazing. Would have been a nice cover art for a physical release.

AegisXIII

Awards
Has there been a beta test for american UX? I don't recall.

kvyra

Awards
Just speculation but art looks closely to kh1 cover

Attachments

• promotionalartworkkh.jpeg
    promotionalartworkkh.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 4

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Okay, it's January. Time to see how FUN this game is going to be! Just like all the other FUN games they've made for the phone! My favorite part of KH games? Well, the FUN of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back