• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the credits for Chain of Memories... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
in in one of the scenes they show during the credits, Mickey and Riku somehow end up at Hollow Bastion (Radiant Garden), how did they get there? they were walking on the crossraoads and ended up there, are all worlds really connected by the ground, and you don't really need a Gummi Ship, and that it's just faster to travel by ship? what are your thoughts? (And I just got done playing chain of memories which is what inspired this thread.)

Soldier

Awards
in in one of the scenes they show during the credits, Mickey and Riku somehow end up at Hollow Bastion (Radiant Garden), how did they get there? they were walking on the crossraoads and ended up there, are all worlds really connected by the ground, and you don't really need a Gummi Ship, and that it's just faster to travel by ship? what are your thoughts? (And I just got done playing chain of memories which is what inspired this thread.)
Corridors of Darkness. Riku can likely summon them at this point in time, and he even tries to summon one following the battle with armored Xemnas. It's how the organization gets around, with their coats protecting them from the ill effects that come with that method of travel, same with the heartless but they don't need protection. The worlds aren't connected by the ground, it's just a matter of using the few available pathways to get there.

KH 1 made a point to mention that the worlds are protected by barriers that only shatter when a world's keyhole is opened. Said barrier remnants are what would later be known as gummi blocks (which explains why they're so good for interplanetary travel: they're already from space). Following the sealing of Kingdom Hearts and the worlds being restored, those barriers are back up again, but it didn't do much to stop the heartless and organization from using the corridors. SDG can only travel via the gummi ship and that's only after unlocking the gates at the end of each world.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Corridors of Darkness. Riku can likely summon them at this point in time, and he even tries to summon one following the battle with armored Xemnas. It's how the organization gets around, with their coats protecting them from the ill effects that come with that method of travel, same with the heartless but they don't need protection. The worlds aren't connected by the ground, it's just a matter of using the few available pathways to get there.

KH 1 made a point to mention that the worlds are protected by barriers that only shatter when a world's keyhole is opened. Said barrier remnants are what would later be known as gummi blocks (which explains why they're so good for interplanetary travel: they're already from space). Following the sealing of Kingdom Hearts and the worlds being restored, those barriers are back up again, but it didn't do much to stop the heartless and organization from using the corridors. SDG can only travel via the gummi ship and that's only after unlocking the gates at the end of each world.
Feel like I said this before on another thread but, the keyholes have always been unlocked, otherwise it makes locking them pointless if there only going to be unlocked later, as for the corridors, I don't think Riku can do it at this point, and you are right, the walls are supposed to be up during this time, and I think I might have worded the ground thing wrong, what I meant was that, could it be possible that the crossroads are like this weird intersection between the worlds, like maybe you keep walking down a path, you eventually reach a world, like Hollow Bastion, that's what I meant.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Feel like I said this before on another thread but, the keyholes have always been unlocked, otherwise it makes locking them pointless if there only going to be unlocked later, as for the corridors, I don't think Riku can do it at this point, and you are right, the walls are supposed to be up during this time, and I think I might have worded the ground thing wrong, what I meant was that, could it be possible that the crossroads are like this weird intersection between the worlds, like maybe you keep walking down a path, you eventually reach a world, like Hollow Bastion, that's what I meant.

There's no canonical text or dialogue that says the keyholes are "always" unlocked.

In fact, the games suggest the opposite, when the world's "door" is opened, the wall falls and the keyhole presents itself to the Keyblade bearer. This is why Riku can see it after Kairi arrives as a child. The wall fell, and therefore the "door" is open and needs locked.

The crossroads are in the realm between worlds. Traverse Town, which is also an "in-between world" had dark portals open up in it randomly from time-to-time, especially as worlds fell to Darkness. It's possible dark portals open randomly on the crossroads.

It's worth mentioning that Keyblade Masters can also open up the "Lanes Between" to travel between worlds and Mickey can probably do that himself, being a master.

Soldier

Awards
And you'd be right, if KH lore didn't dictate that all the worlds used to be connected (I.E you COULD walk to Deep Jungle through Agrabah, if you wanted back then). But since they've split into their own individual planets, even worlds with a unique circumstance (Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion as in between worlds) are still considered largely separate from each other.

Chain of memories really messed things up in terms of conveying how SDG, Riku and MIckey ended up on those grassy fields. We know that following the sealing of Kingdom Hearts in KH 1, a long, narrow path forms behind where it used to be. Since the final battle left SDG on what was effectively a platform over endless darkness, reason comes to stand that they'd follow the ONLY path that they could take, which led to them following Pluto and stumbling into the organization's trap.

Riku and Mickey end up on those grassy crossroads because it's apparently not that far from Castle Oblivion, it might be right outside or 3 miles away. What they do following the road to dawn is beyond me, but it's likely it took them to whatever "end" there was to that grassy path.

vaderskywalker

Awards
they've split into their own individual planets
Sorry it took so long to reply, didn't know how to respond, but that worlds are planets thing is debatable.
Maybe it was a crossroads world. It is an embodiment of a world between worlds.
And that's another thing, aren't the crossroads supposed to be the rest of the land of departure?

Soldier

Awards
Sorry it took so long to reply, didn't know how to respond, but that worlds are planets thing is debatable.

And that's another thing, aren't the crossroads supposed to be the rest of the land of departure?
Debatable how? Every game we've been given examples that the worlds are contained on their own individual planets with MAYBE an extra continent or two (London apparently exists in Deep Jungle, as well as the rest of their specific continents, but they can't wander into Neverland by going there for example). Heck, Traverse Town is shown to be just the town with a literal DOOR to outer space as the world exit.

Chie

Awards
For the record, the location of the Crossroads have never been confirmed/addressed.

For a time I wanted to believe it was in Kingdom Hearts itself, but I think that can't be true. I now honestly think it might be Twilight Town? You can see semi-similar environs looking down from Sunset Terrace.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Debatable how? Every game we've been given examples that the worlds are contained on their own individual planets with MAYBE an extra continent or two (London apparently exists in Deep Jungle, as well as the rest of their specific continents, but they can't wander into Neverland by going there for example). Heck, Traverse Town is shown to be just the town with a literal DOOR to outer space as the world exit.
I have another thread on the subject, if your interested, it's called universe or multiverse, it's in this section, it's a theory I made back on October 10th, 2022.

Last edited:
Back