• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Final Fantasy game(s) are you currently playing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Starting XIII right now. This will be my 3rd playthrough. I've never been the biggest fan of this one but we'll see if the third time is the charm.
See, and I have not given it the time of day I'm sure it deserves either. When it first dropped I was like, "it's too techy, I don't like how the summons look, and was annoyed about the Leona Lewis song being it's theme as well". I guess I just loved XII so much that I had higher hopes for it when it came out. Maybe higher hopes isn't the right wording... I guess I just imagined something more like it or maybe X. In the wait for XV to come out, I think I'll pick it up and give it another shot though.

I’ve been playing FFXV and it’s amazing!Don’t understand why it got so much hate, it’s a beautiful game! Some flaws in communication, but it’s gorgeous. I love Noct and Luna’s relationship, Luna’s a badass, and the chocobros personalities are so fun to watch! Also Ardyn’s the biggest troll ever.
Also, another one that I felt iffy about. I actually got it gifted to me, and haven't played more than just a little bit of it. Since then I've heard great things about the characters and story. Everyone loves a good bro game.

I'm about to play Final Fantasy Dimensions. I normally don't play mobile games but I hear this game has a Job Class system that's as good as FFV's so that alone is worth playing, mobile or not.
I'd be interested in hearing how that is. I love class-based battle, it's what drew me to FFX-2 so much. I didn't even know there was a FF mobile game. I might be able to get into something like that more than XIV. I don't play any games on PC anymore and the controls for XIV on PS4 were interesting.

As for me, I've been showing my girlfriend a lot of my favorite games lately. We finished playing some KH games and I have her into FF with me now too. We just finished X-2 a little bit ago, and are about half-way through X (I was already playing X-2 when she jumped in, which is why we're playing them backwards) We also just about finished playing XII as well. Just have the Necrohol to go through and some final hunts before the last fight. This thread is giving me some good ideas for our next game though.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'd be interested in hearing how that is. I love class-based battle, it's what drew me to FFX-2 so much. I didn't even know there was a FF mobile game. I might be able to get into something like that more than XIV. I don't play any games on PC anymore and the controls for XIV on PS4 were interesting.
Having finished Final Fantasy Dimensions I can honestly say that it's one of the best usage of the classic FF Job Class system despite being a mobile game. It plays like a classic old school Final Fantasy game. If you ever played FF5 this game felt like a true successor to it's Job Class system and mastered a few things that FF5 didn't. I wish the game got more attention as it's a brilliant love letter to FF games of yesteryear.

D

Deleted member 246005

I will start playing FF7R once I finish GoW Ragnarok.

AegisXIII

Awards
I will start playing FF7R once I finish GoW Ragnarok.
That's great. My advice to enjoy its full potential is not to focus on everything you might miss in your first playthrough as you can select any chapter after the story completion. Also hard mode will unlock once you finish the game and I would recommend giving it a try as the combat system really shines when you push it to its limits.
Did you manage to get a ps5 or will you play it on ps4?

D

Deleted member 246005

That's great. My advice to enjoy its full potential is not to focus on everything you might miss in your first playthrough as you can select any chapter after the story completion. Also hard mode will unlock once you finish the game and I would recommend giving it a try as the combat system really shines when you push it to its limits.
Did you manage to get a ps5 or will you play it on ps4?
Ps4. I'll probably watch the Intermission DLC on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:

AegisXIII

Awards
Ps4. I'll probably watch the Intermission DLC on YouTube.
You'll have to upgrade to ps5 at some point for part2. Intermission will be a great way to get back to the gameplay.

D

Deleted member 246005

You'll have to upgrade to ps5 at some point for part2. Intermission will be a great way to get back to the gameplay.
i'll just buy part 2 when i get a ps5. I bought a lot of digital games during the pandemic so getting rid of my PS4 isnt an option.

I started playing FF7R. FF7R reminds me of Jak 2. Maybe they could use that influence for a potential reboot?

Midgar's slums takes some getting used to. Air combat is automatic so it's also an a learning curve.

So far, it's nostalgic and charming.

I just fought Roche. A fun fight and I guess Cloud met his first rival. Lol.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
i'll just buy part 2 when i get a ps5. I bought a lot of digital games during the pandemic so getting rid of my PS4 isnt an option.

I started playing FF7R. FF7R reminds me of Jak 2. Maybe they could use that influence for a potential reboot?

Midgar's slums takes some getting used to. Air combat is automatic so it's also an a learning curve.

So far, it's nostalgic and charming.

I just fought Roche. A fun fight and I guess Cloud met his first rival. Lol.
Okay, but Jak 2 was such a damn good game. Like don't get me wrong I love the way the first plays too, but Jak 2 was something special. Even though at the time I just felt like they just threw guns and tech in there as a way to compete with Ratchet & Clank. Which were also amazing games.

Anyways back to FF topic. I started playing Dimensions on my phone and really like it. Is it silly for me to say that I wish turn-based combat was still an option in new games?

D

Deleted member 246005

Still FF7R.

Reno was harder than I thought. Lol.

@System Shock
I meant more in the storytelling. FF7R feels like an expansion which Jak and Daxter could benefit from. FF storytelling has a vibe that fits Jak to me.

But a reboot is more likely and I don't mind hack and slash elements being incorporated.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I've just started the Crisis Core remake. Back in 2020 I had started playing through the series and quit when I got hardlocked in a dungeon in FFIV. I'm considering starting up again and playing them all but out of order this time. The remake is a lot snappier than the PSP version.

Alvart

Awards
Playing Final Fantasy I and IV on the GBA, my dum dum self didn't check the shops of Cornelia so I kept dying at the start of the game. Now I know.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
I've just started the Crisis Core remake. Back in 2020 I had started playing through the series and quit when I got hardlocked in a dungeon in FFIV. I'm considering starting up again and playing them all but out of order this time. The remake is a lot snappier than the PSP version.

Playing Final Fantasy I and IV on the GBA, my dum dum self didn't check the shops of Cornelia so I kept dying at the start of the game. Now I know.

FFIV for me is up there in the top 5 best Final Fantasy games in my opinion. Storyline is fantastic. Some of the best party members, character development, summons, etc. I feel like that says a lot about the game given the graphics aren't on par with anything FFX and on, and I'm probably biased but still a fantastic game. I would even say a necessary title to play in the franchise for someone who is new to FF.

All this to say, definitely give IV another shot. It's great.

D

Deleted member 246005

FF7R

Hojo and the Specimen boss fight give off Resident Evil vibes.

I wish weapons were given out sooner than having new ones pop up in the Shinra office.

I just got Shiva for Barrett so when do I get carbuncle?

Rufus's boss fight was amazing, the mech fight afterwards not as much.

The driving segments are fun and I'm hoping we get Fenrir in part 2.

FF7R- the boss fight on the motorcycle path is interesting but annoying.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
FFT on my phone, might consider playing BE War of the Visions, maybe, we’ll see, who knows.

On my PS5, XV Royal Edition and Episode Ardyn. I never really played the DLCs after I finished the base game, though I watched the cutscenes online before. Short story, my dog enjoyed it more than I did. Long story, the QC obvi sucked and I didn’t enjoy it for many reasons, especially the annoying bugs like missing NPCs, random T-posing in the weirdest situations, and clipping assets, among many others, so I committed a lot of therapeutic placebo on the game (one of which included my shoe, the disc, and my dog) that would sic all of gamerdom on me for the sheer disrespect. Basically I came back to finish the bonus round of what I started.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I have committed to playing through the series now and as such I put Crisis Core on hold as I'm saving the original VII and all the compilation games for the very end. My plan is to do the PS2 games, XIII trilogy, XV and XVI, then do IV-IX but saving VII for last.

I recently played Final Fantasy X to completion for the first time. I had played it many times as a kid but never got very far. I really, really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how mournful the entire story felt. The combat is very fun. I guess I didn't allocate enough time in each level fighting monsters because I did struggle a little at the end getting through the last few bosses but my sphere grids were far enough along that with a little grinding and exploits I got through it.

I just started X-2 and the changes to the combat are a bit jarring but I think once I get it down I'll have a lot of fun with it. Funny to go to Zanarkand almost immediately in that game compared to spending 35+ hours to get to it in FFX.

Once I finish X-2, I'm planning on going through the HD remaster of XII.

For some reason I am very interested in playing XI. I hope they are able to make an offline version of it someday like with that one Dragon Quest game.

D

Deleted member 246005

FF7R

I'm fighting the Whisper 4. That sounds like a pokemon group....lol.

There is a rumor they are early forms of Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

I kinda see it but I'm not sure which is Loz. Croceo or Vividi being Yazoo makes sense.

Rubicom is definitely Kadaj.

Cloud's line "Bring it, Bitch" to Rubicom is iconic.

Whisper Bahamut is a pain but Sephiroth is worse.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Finished X-2 pretty quickly - with some good garment grid buffs and dresspheres I was able to finish it in about 18 hours. I didn't do a whole lot of side quests. Playing X and X-2 back to back had me a little burned out on Spira by the end of X-2 so I bum rushed it a little.

Just started XII and I am really loving it so far. The aesthetic and design of it still feels totally new and fresh so many years later. Excited to see how this one turns out because I know next to nothing about the story (which was not the case with X and X-2).

After XII, I will be going through the XIII trilogy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Finally got around to CC:R (Switch version). Hard mode is a hell of a lot more manageable now but still escalated quite a bit.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've been feeling nostalgic lately and kind of wanting to play the old games I grew up with. Been thinking about running through FF7, 8, 9, 10 and Tactics again. I feel like I'd play one and then take a break and play something else for a while, but it's been in the back of my mind.

Back