• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by Banishing Blade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. B

Help/Support ► How to betray a friend

Keep the notes. If B finds out, tell him to stop being a little bitch and imply that he should have done his own work if he was not satisfied with what you provided him with.
  2. B

Help/Support ► My test...

For some reason, it is not possible for me to write a good calculus final. Every calc final I've written in University (3 total) has resulted in 12-15% drop from the mark I had going into the exam and the one I came out with. I know the material, or else I wouldn't be able to be a peer tutor...
  3. B

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

print("{0} is a leap year!".format(year)) I was too lazy to type it out again.
  4. B

I managed to mess up that code too. You can drop the boolean for leap year, and just put that print statement where the assignment to TRUE is. I normally write functions to return true or false and have my main program decide what that means... but yeah, w/e. Repalce leap_year = TRUE with...
  5. B

I love Python! It's so quick, dirty and informal... Okay, so you didn't test for a leap year at all in your code. The easiest way to test for divisibility, is to check the modulus. In Python, the modulus operator is '%' (same for most high-level languages, AFAIK). This will return the...
  6. B

Don't I know it... :( I know, I was just trying to show a few more steps after reading her post about not understanding. That's exactly right. The reason e and ln cancel each other out, is because they are inverse functions of each other. If you have a^x = a, we can turn this into log_a(a)...
  7. B

Check your math. 1/2 + 3/4 is not 1, rather 5/4 If the actual question was (x-3)/4, the process is the same, but the answer is indeed 5. (x-3)/4 = 1/2. First multiply both sides by 4, then add 3 to both sides. Again, your math is wrong. If 2x=-1/3, x = -1/6. e^(1-5x) = 793, take the ln of...
  8. B

Forces acting on the object: [Perpendicular to surface] Normal and Gravity [Parallel to surface] Friction. We have a mass, and it's obvious the object isn't moving perpendicular to the surface, so we can go ahead and calculate the normal force. Normal Force = - Gravity Force Normal Force = -...
  9. B

Help/Support ► Any Mac users out there?

There are two types of people that get Macs. The first time are the computer illiterate that think Macs are impervious to viruses and other malware. These are the users that cause PEBKAC and ID-10-T errors. The second type are "hipsters" that buy Macs and other Apple products because "that's...
  10. B

I'm assuming that the whole "x coordinate" thing is referring to movement along the x-axis, ie we're dealing with one-dimensional mechanics: Let's have x be the position the body is currently at (-3.32cm), x0 be the starting position, v be the velocity (11.8cm/s) and t be time taken (0.904...
  11. B

Help/Support ► I need help with the Python programming language.

That's not the right code for importing that way. Do it like this: from turtle import *
  12. B

Help/Support ► Any Chemistry Experts?

TheMuffinMan gave a pretty good explanation. The goal is to get from the undesired units given, to the units you want to work with using a series of ratios (fractions). A general formula looks like this: x [wanted unit] = y [undesired unit] * [wanted unit] /[undesired unit] Where the ratio...
  13. B

Help/Support ► Building a computer

You have to be careful of heating and battery life. You could have a really nice laptop that can run any game you want, but if the battery life is only an hour, it's a piece of shit. And with heating, well, I don't think that needs to be explained.
  14. B

Help/Support ► I'm reluctant

"Get a job" comes to mind.
  15. B

Help/Support ► Prairie View A&M University

Don't cheap out on your education; it's your future.
Back