• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
BlackOsprey
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Hey Oz, I've been absent at KHI for quite some time and I've been missing A LOT of Kingdom Hearts information during these past few months besides the new 2.8 trailer. I've tried so hard to keep up, but I've always felt like I've been missing something, I was completely lost at the reveal of the traitor that I had to get someone to clarify it to me xD.
    If I have to be completely honest I have to admit that by now I have actually fostered a small hope that not even that will apply and the Foretellers will truly be characters in their own right without any baggage connections to TAV, Riku and Kairi, rendering that theory completely moot. Making them full characters in their own right that can also be seen as such in plain sight by the fandom as a whole (not like i.e. Roxas is just a part of Sora etc.) as well as not ruining any of TAV, Riku and Kairi with placing unneccessary burdens on them from the past.

It's rare that someone is completely ok with Days, lol.
    I can still remember the huge arguments and heated debates that one threw up around here. xD
    It is somewhat ironic that so far X[chi] and its story does seem to have quite some decent writing. If the entire series would be like it we would have quite some less problems.
    Nomura expanding the story even further is not a bad thing per se, but sadly Nomura does have the tendency to expand the story too fast and without much preparation done to it. Considering the presentation problems the series has as a whole as well as the seeming inability to adequately handle a big cast of characters I can see this bringing problems about in KH III especially when it comes to not only resolve most of the open story things we still have from the other games, but also on top incorporate the Chi-stuff, do justice to the Disney parts and deliver some decent characterization and interactions between the big cast of characters.
    Nomura has said KH III is bigger in scope than any other KH entry so far but there's still the danger of overload and at least two of these things getting a short stick.

Of course this heavy focus on the story and mythos isn't really too friendly for the more casual players, but "Standard-gameplay" KH game as in just repeating the KH 1/KH 2 formula of always "Sora, Donald and Goofy" gets trite and boring after a while though (and holds the danger of KH turning into another Call of Duty) and the great survey made by Famitsu magazine in 2011 or 2012 certainly got in the results that most of the fandom who participated in it are primarily interested in the KH original story rather than repeating Disney movies and gameplay.
    Furthermore, despite the often leveled criticism leveled at the presentation of the story and people's inability to truly grasp it, most fan works and other material I see about the series around the net is about the story itself and primarily the original characters or the FF cameos.
    The only Disney characters that get reasonably as much attention in fandom as I've seen are Mickey and Yen Sid, not even Donald and Goofy are featured that often.
    I think I might actually want to revisit Dawn To Dusk. The fanfiction was about Axel screwing up time when he kidnaps Sora through traveling through the white doors that had shown up on Destiny Islands and using a dark corridor once he arrives in Timeless River.

Spoilers:

Axel gets Roxas back, but Roxas is now Number nine as opposed to number thirteen, due to losing his heart along with Isa and Lea during the Heartless Invasion of Radiant Gardens. Riku is blamed for Sora's 'disappearance' by all the adults and kids of Destiny Islands. He finds out that Kairi isn't from Destiny Islands, but somewhere else and makes a deal with Ansem to retrieve Sora, unaware that Sora is already a Heartless and that Ansem is just using him.

Riku eventually gives into darkness at Hollow Bastion, Goofy and Donald perish. Riku now has a nobody, named Ukrix that can't use any powers due to Ansem possessing his powers and his Heartless. Ansem is also fused with Kingdom Hearts. Ukrix is taken in as a prisoner by Organization XIII.

Axel arrives at Disney Castle, where he discovers it in ruins and a fight between Roxas and King Mickey. King Mickey is killed and Roxas takes his keyblade, Starkeeper (I think it's called) as a reward. Roxas welcomes Axel back and they travel back to The World That Never Was. Axel finds out that the World That Never Was and many other worlds are going to be lost to the Darkness, because Ansem's Kingdom Hearts is slowly devouring them and it doesn't help that Roxas's slaying of Emblem Heartless sends those hearts to Ansem's Kingdom Hearts.

Marluxia, Vexen, Zexion, Larxene, and Lexaeus are not dead; they come up with a plot to kill Roxas since they don't want the World That Never Was to be swallowed up by Kingdom Hearts. Axel is also introduced to Ukrix, Riku's Nobody and through him finds out that the World That Never Was and every other world can be restored by traveling to Twilight Town and meeting a boy named Iz.
    It's also somewhat weird in that on one hand I am not really that happy with the whole x[chi] stuff being canon at all and further blowing up the scope of the already bloated KH lore even more. There are still enough unanswered questions and mysteries around without adding the entire Chi-stuff on top as well (and when one is honest the secret ending of BBS, Blank Points, and the normal ending of Re: Coded provided enough of a setup for KH III on its own). Then there's this whole thing with the Rebirth-mumbo jumbo and yet another set of derived clone characters of the already established characters which really starts to tick me off...and yet on the other hand I can't help but digest the whole story and setup of X[chi] by itself and make theories about it and how it may connect to the present otherwise.
    Those are easy to forget though since they're small in-game things that won't be found in any cutscene theater, similar to how some of the text-bubble only statements in KH 2 give at least a little more depth to Kairi.

Yea, and since at least older FF titles also managed the stabbing in the feels pretty well it is only fitting that KH is nearly overflowing with it. Seriously, I think some scenes and situations in KH which are delivered with "just" words and some facial expressions are as "torture"-like as if one is watching someone getting physically tortured. It's more subtle and doesn't jump one directly into the face like a physical abuse scene, but at a second glance one may realize the implications and a "oh shit" moment is due.
    Especially old Master Xehanort is full of such undertones.

Blame my constantly working imagination, lol. I've a knack for drawing out hypothetical or only hinted situations in my mind, hence why I normally prefer text-only novels and texts to visual media (not counting some extra pictures showing you how characters look like).

Indeed, and true, while the stories may be similar in themes, both the setting and cast of characters is different enough to make its own thing.
    Then again, a "great ancient conspiracy" is also a story telling device that isn't exactly new nor was invented by Star Wars. ;P

I see, lol, I'm curious what more comes out of it.
    For today though I have now to greet my blankets...time zones be damned.
    But looking at the Todays Top posters I did make quite some posts today. xD
    Probably, *ggg*.

Some of the "bunch of nameless NPCs" did get some characterization though even if they're just called Wielder A, B or C. I think it was Beast's Castle where that little episode with these two unnamed male wielders took place and the player helped them solve their differences.
    Of course they won't show any flowing blood or severed limbs like some of the "more mature" grimdark faction so often advocate, it won't be a "Battle of the Bastards"-like carnage like shown in Game of Thrones, but I believe it will show the sheer scope of what exactly all this means in a more graphical emotional detail.
    Horrifying indeed, but plausible as it is stated in chi that when a wielder perishes his/her Chirithy perishes as well. There is something incredibly sad to the imagination of seeing those fluffy cat-like things fruitlessly trying to keep their assigned wielder alive and failing bitterly before disappearing themselves.
    We might even get scenes like i.e. one wielder trying to help up another allied wielder who's already exhausted/wounded, only to be stabbed through the chest from behind by a third wielder who then gets blasted by a magic attack from a fourth wielder, with the first wounded wielder left despairing over the death of the second until a fifth wielder comes around and crushes that one too. The Foretellers jumping around killing dozens of normal wielders at once with a single magic attack (those massive craters and scars in the landscape seen in BBS have to come from somewhere). It'll be like the battles from FF Type-0 only without the gore.

The parallels are indeed astounding as the whole setup of the Keyblade War seems to be indeed one giant scheme not unlike the "Sith Grand plan" in the Star Wars saga.
    The difference is though that the Clone Wars had a victor. A victor that turned on parts of its own faction (the Jedi), but a victor nonetheless. The Republic wasn't "destroyed" per see but taken over and transformed.
    According to what we know about the Keyblade War there will be no victor at all. All these wielder-kids and Chirithys will perish in vein, and so will most likely the Foretellers.

Which is somewhat funny as FF XIII and all connected Lightning material is not Nomura's but Motomu Toriyama's turf, lol.
    I can imagine the reaction to that discovery somewhat.
    Lol, I also wasn't really expecting for the "Coaty" nickname to stick.

It would certainly be nothing new for KH that's for sure. Only the scale would be quite something bigger, but those countless Keyblades seen in BBS do have to come from somewhere and it IS called the Keyblade Graveyard.
    The only thing that apparently most people did not take into account is that nearly all of these wielders excluding the older Foretellers Ira, Aced and Invi, are/were children/teenagers around Sora's age range between 13 and 16.
    If they want to really hammer home how tragic this all is they can show wielders collapsing and starting to disappear under tears with each of their Chirithys frantically trying to stop it and fail without exception...and then the Chirithys collapse and disappear too.
    To rob some more salt into it, have the Foretellers standing around all their fallen "pupils" and only then realize how badly they ALL fucked up...and then comes Luxu/the MoM and rubs it in how massively they were duped from the start before he crushes them as well, making the whole thing BBS XXL.

After all, KH so far does have a trend with increasing the suffering of newly introduced characters. It started with Namin? and Riku Replica, then came Roxas and later Xion who had arguably even bigger tearjerkers at hand. Then came the BBS trio who suffer for an even longer time and now we have the whole cast of X[chi], possibly including the Foretellers who get an even bigger hammer dropped on them than both Roxas & co. and the BBS trio.

I'm pretty convinced that gaining access to KH and become a god-like being IS Luxu's/the MoM's (or both) endgame and final goal, so that comparison to Barthandelus may hold some merit.
    Their reasons may differ from Xehanort's and there is still this "secret" Luxu talks about that is in the mix, but what that is and how it decides Luxu's/ the MoM's reasons may be the true twist that is lying at the core/source of all this and what I suspect may be one of the biggest wham moments either in the extended Unchained X (season 2) or in KH III itself.
    Sorry, I'm a little late with the answer, just got home. ^__^

Ah, okay.
    Tsk, I doubt that any other Kh sites are much better or worse than KHInsider and not everyone is as disillusioned as Anagram when it comes to this series, but it is true that KHI does have quite some connections. Heck, we even have some of the voice actors with accounts here (Trollenort = Ben Diskin).

Yep, I recall that as well.
    That's why I say the name would be ridiculous, lol.

The images of the Graveyard are indeed somewhat haunting although I wonder if they really have the guts to actually show all those wielders (and their Chirithys) going down. In one part of the dream sequence there is apparently a "rain of hearts" as Faemarch described, but maybe that's actually something entirely different...
    I'm not sure, the dandelions are supposed to avoid the war and move to the outside world, so they shouldn't be at the Graveyard at all. The player dreaming of it and apparently being present may be a warning sent via dream to join the dandelions before it is too late, so it would depend on the player's own decisions if he/she perishes or not.
    Indeed, waiting for a translation might be the safest option to not form theories out of misunderstood parts.
    Goldpanner may be the best translator we have around here (but I do think "that guy" is actually a lady :D ).

Tinny just said something similar about the Superbia-thing in the thread, lol.
    I guess anything is fair game as long as it isn't something anti-climatic like Sup.
    I mean, imagine it: Hey Sup, what's up?
    Or shortened: Hey Sup, sup?
    "That's Master Sup for you!"
    And then comes Donald:
    "Soup? Where?"

I'd wager he brewed that all up sometime between the release of DDD and the decision to make x[chi] canon. I doubt he had all that already laid out when the Goatblade first appeared in BBS. ;D
    It certainly gets those theorizing gears moving, lolz.
    Another interesting bit is that apparently, when the player awakens from the Keyblade Graveyard dream he/she only utters one word: Ephemera.

I'm sure things will get plenty clearer when we finally have full translations of everything. It is surely a bomb though.

About the name of the 6th it is rather funny because the name got first translated as "Rushu" which, while the name of a demon, doesn't fit the theme naming of the others, but then The_Echo and someone else pointed out that "sh" can also be read as "X" in Japanese and the R and L are interchangeable in that language, so "Rushu" can be read as Luxu, a short form of Luxuria just like Ava is short for Avaritia or Aced for Acedia.

If they keep the theme naming the MoM would need to have something related to Superbia (pride), although there are theories circulating that the MoM and Luxu are somehow together either in the same body (through either possession or heart transfer) or one of their hearts being stored in the Goatblade.
    Yep, the Walkthrough thread in chi-section is full of it. Might need to go several pages back to see/get all of it.
    Faemarch also posted a picture from the player's dream where a whole army of Coatys approaches the player at the Keyblade Graveyard.
    13 from the left side and 9 from the right side.
    No, I'm not addressing ya to ask for the answer in our current conversation, lol, but to drop a somewhat exciting news bomb:

We do know the name of the 6th Apprentice now: It's "Rushu"/Luxu aka Luxuria(Lust) and he wields the Goatblade...;P
    Keyblade Graveyard also makes its first appearance in Browser-Chi in a dream of the player.
    The other Foretellers (at least Aced and Gula) know about Ava's dandelion plan.
    Ava holds a conversation with the 6th who reveals that he has the lost page and works to make the prophecy come true!

That is all. *ggg*
    You see it even better the more often you replay the whole thing. It really makes me somewhat mourn for TAV as characters as a whole when seeing how much potential there is and how it gets wasted by a stupid script and mediocre writing. <__<

Sublety is really not KH's strong point at all, lol, although I will admit that they so far managed to hide the supposed "traitor" among the Foretellers very well (inbefore there really being no traitor at all and that being the reason for it being so well hidden) 0_o

I've contemplated using that approach as well just like I already do for the FF series as well. KHInsider I'd say is actually among the more tolerable places of the KH "fandom" as a whole.
    Replaying BBS right now also serves as quite a refresher for Hearts in Unison as well since I primarily started this story to begin with in order to better and more thoroughly focus on the characters. Writing this whole arc and story focus for Kairi right now in the current chapters has an actual extra difficulty spike because she is so underpresented in the actual series that there is hardly any source material to derive from so I have to create most of it from scratch.
    Especially when it comes to interactions with characters other than Sora and actually giving insight on Kairi's own opinions on things without compromising the little of her that we actually did get to see is quite a challenge.

Heh, that's of course true as well. And yet due to my overall limited time I do find myself using the system to its fullest since I play directly on critical. Just earned the Ultima Weapon with Terra, did all the Rumble Racing and Fruitball right off the bat to get the trophies in order to no longer have to bother with them when playing as Aqua and Ven, only trying them once for Journal completion as there is a journal trophy for all three characters.
    Ice-Cream beat is as half-funny as I remembered it and I managed to easily get a "fantastic" on both Beginner and Master for the first three songs (It's a small world, Blast Away and Dessert Paradise) but "Destiny Islands" is right now driving me nuts. The timing and beat is totally different from the first three songs and thus I suck balls right now trying to get scores better than a "good".

Mirage Arena I've also already done everything Terra can do (some things are simply not unlocked because you need an Aqua and/or Ven-save as a condition) and I've collected all commands except two of these new Unversed Illusion commands (the Disney Town one and the one of the Keyblade Graveyard).

Coaty seems indeed out to be a rather interesting fellow, although I do see the danger that he becomes too similar to Braig if they overdo it with his antics.
    Braig is after all also fond of nickname giving (Tiger, Kiddo, Poppet etc.) and loves to troll people left and right, even his superiors.

Well, I did swear in a thread somewhere that if the Foretellers are really just dumb clones of already existing characters I would officially rename the KH series for myself into "Game of Clones".

It's not that the theory is without merits for sure and just because I personally dislike the propect of it I certainly won't decry it in mean spirit, but the proceedings of people giving it too much merit and going out of their way to apply it to every single little piece of Info we get to it is simply annoying.

Yep, probably a sort of force ghost. Speaking of it I'm actually waiting for Anakin Skywalker to chew out his grandson for his stupidity and ignorance to follow the path that brought already so much harm beforehand.

In your country pigeons must be different then as here it is very difficult to catch one of them as they're quite agile and fly away at the slightest provocation.

Birds obviously can't comprehend what a "road" is (and most species obviously also don't need one), but with those little fluffballs it is almost the same as with human children. Once they spot something of interest they forget the world around them and stupidly walk into any danger.

It already found entry into the club I see, good work. ^__^
    Ephy simply is a cute little sunshine boy, completing the "trinity" with Sora and Ventus. (Roxas doesn't count, he's too broody!)
    Interestingly, the three boys also complete the Olympic colors in terms of hair color by that with Sora (brown/bronze), Ephemera (silver) and Ventus (gold).
    Eraqus was just as badly hit with plot-induced stupidity like the other characters in order to make Xehanort's plans fall in place rather than him having a real masterfully crafted manipulation plan.
    The thing is that when you look at the whole thing it does even reflect badly on Xehanort as well because he didn't win due to being a crafty master manipulator but because the plot dictated him to win. There are several stories where the outcome is a foregone conclusion, but how you arrive at that conclusion can be done masterfully and enjoyable or flat and stupid and despite my love for TAV as the potential characters they could be anyone who denies that BBS did the latter one is in denial.
    Eraqus' intention to off Ventus could be rationalized by an extremely pragmatic person as an attempt to buy time in order to take measures against Xehanort, but it is very obvious that eradicating Vanitas and just keeping Ven out of Xehanort's reach until Vanitas is dealt with would have been the smarter approach for Eraqus in the light of that then he would have kept both Terra's and Aqua's loyalty.
    Terra was in search of dealing with Vanitas anyways and it was a highly stupid (made stupid by the writing, mind you, not that Terra himself is stupid) decision to not fill in both Aqua and Ventus about what he learned about Vanitas and his origins. Terra learned from Xehanort not only the source of the Unversed but also where that source itself came from.
    Had Ven learned about the whole thing earlier (and from Terra) he might have taken it less heavy as when Xehanort tells him later in a blunt matter and used the kid's confusion to turn him against Eraqus by claiming the Master intended to hold Ven "prisoner" in LoD. Aqua also sure as hell would NOT have left Ven just standing there in Radiant Garden like she did if Terra actually spilled the beans of what he learned.
    Heck, the whole "keeping up appearances"-act of Xehanort should have been kept hidden until near the end of the game with Terra actually genuinely believing Xehanort's "accident"-story while Aqua could have been suspicious of it, doubting Xehanort and that could have been the incentive for their argument in Radiant Garden with Terra accusing Aqua of demonizing Xehanort while she deems him naive and too trusting and that there is something fishy about the whole matter. All the while Ventus being caught between them and due to having no memories from before the four years he lived in LoD him being confused not knowing what to believe.
    That premise could then have given the game an even better incentive to split all three up again with Ventus running away again due to incapabability to decide which approach he should trust into, Terra's trusting one or Aqua's cautious one. The latter two would be too immersed in their own argument and realize Ven ran off only after it already happened and while Aqua feels "guilty" about confusing/scaring Ven and vows to intensify the search for him Terra swears to make up for hurting Ven by making sure the cause for the problems gets dealt with (Vanitas) and at the same time prove to Aqua that Xehanort is trustworthy.
    Having the "keeping up appearances"-scene shortly after all the above would certainly serve as a bigger moment for the audience and make them realize "damn, Aqua may be right".

*looks at length of paragraph*
    Oh damn, here I go again. I used to actually entertain Gram with countless possibilities for a better written BBS and it seems the urge is still there...;P

Lol, I've even found found an exploit to easily defeat the Iron Imprisoners even with Terra. Stun them with a well placed Firaga (who said that in BBS enemies can't be stunned?) and then unleash a charged shotlock at them. Repeat until dead.
    It's also somewhat ridicuolus how easily you can get overpowered even on critical with clever use of Command Melding and the Command Board. I mean, I get that Nomura wanted to show us with BBS how true trained Keybladers can wreak hell (and all three convince on that part!) in comparison to KH 1/KH 2 Sora to give Xigbar's words about "not even half the hero the others were" more weight, but having all Melding recipes available from the beginning is a little cheaty.
    BtW, I actually did slide into a wall with Terra once in anticipation to give some Unversed a nice flo-mo beating...then I realized that BBS does not have flowmotion *facepalm*.

Of course it is a little crazy, but to be honest we do not know what kind of person the Grand Master really is under that jovial attitude. If he does indeed have some screws loose I won't rule out such an irrational viewpoint.
    The whole universe collapses because my students are too dense to learn? Well duh, shit happens.
    I'm not sure if hm being an "evil mastermind" setting up the Foretellers would make him too similar to Xehanort though...but weeelll, if the Goatblade is the one of the Grand Master...

I'm not speaking of overall design patterns obviously, but something more substantial than that.
    Such a mindset is exactly what I'm tired of by now because it is exactly what the series gets so often criticized for.

To be honest my dislike for them does not come from the Foretellers themselves but some of the theories surrounding them that are taken as fact by a sizeable portion of the fandom already.
    We haven't even yet have a chance to build an own opinion on them (except Ava to a degree), but claims like they're Riku, Kairi, Terra, Aqua and Ventus not only sour the soup for thee characters already but also take away from what these established characters already have.

Maybe we'll see Coaty as a ghost-like being somehow laying the smackdown on Xehanort, lolz.

Why do I suddenly imagine people running through town trying to catch some of these pigeons, lol.

I would actually be afraid to take such a little fluffball into my hand due to fear of accidentally hurting it. Look so cutesy and delicate. ^__^

Oh, and btw I made something Ephemera-related, gotta post that in the fanclub later as well ;):
    Granted, but fictional tales tend to often overdo it and have characters even defy basic logic.
    Like i.e. Terra obviously noting that Ven is in a hurry and wants to tell him something, but he doesn't listen, only ruffles the kid's hair and strolls away or Aqua telling Ven to go home, but it's obvious the kid doesn't want to and she knows he's in danger. What does she do? Strolls away and leaves Ven standing as is.
    These things are called "plot-induced-stupidity" because the plot demands that they don't hear each other out and go around together, but no human with normal mental capabilities would act so idiotic.
    I actually noticed recently that I haven't finished the ReMixes at all!!! I've platinumed KH 1 FM, Re: CoM and 2 FM plus watched all of Days and Re: Coded, but hadn't even started BBS yet! I must really be overworked, lol, to forget I had not played BBS FM yet.

That being said, I don't know if it is because the control scheme of the PS3 is more user-friendly than the PSP or if they tweaked the difficulty for BBS FM but I started directly on Critical with Terra and the first three worlds were a breeze even on the highest difficulty. I died only once against Wheel Master because I got a little too cocky and forgot that Terra isn't as agile in dodging like Ventus is.
    I also got reminded just how much fun the Command Board actually is. Ven's AI is totally a little annoying shit when you're playing as Terra.

It's certainly ironic but fitting for Nomura's way of doing things. Ava certainly seems to play a bigger game, although we don't know yet if each of the Foreteller's has their own bigger game set. I'd assume that since Ava has such a big role in X[chi]/Unchained itself Back Cover will give quite some more focus on the other four Foretellers.
    It may also be a jab on the usual "just following orders" and "go with the flow"-mentalities many people seem to exhibit. Skuld and Ephemera are portrayed as people who clearly think for themselves and question things, observing that some things are indeed odd and do not add up with what the supposed end goal is at all.
    The whole "those aren't the Master's teachings" issue could get very intriguing as the Master of Masters might have implemented "wrong" or misleading information in them.
    If he's really part of the manipulating forces that want the prophecy to come true and bring about the Apocalypse this was done on purpose to screw the Foretellers over and make them pawns in fulfilling the prophecy.
    If he's not and really wanted his pupils to try and stop it it may have been unintentional or worse, an intentional but quite harsh and destructive lesson for the Foretellers themselves not to follow everything he says and teaches in blind obedient faith.
    The Master of Masters seems to be quite the eccentric guy so it might be possible that he goes to teach a lesson even with the fate of the very world at stake.

When in the trailer Ira asks about the whole thing and he answers with "Nah, not possible" it might be a way of the Master of Masters to say "It's impossible because you're all too stubborn and dense to think for yourselves and get cooperative instead of confrontative."
    If the Foretellers really go by the premise that "the Master's teachings" are absolute and not to be questioned in any capacity, it almost makes them look like fanatics following a religious fundamentalist/a fascist leader.

While things like these certainly start to annoy me on the other hand it is also somewhat amusing to see how people think in so many repeating patterns like looking for familial connections or associating characters which each other just because of similar clothing style or character traits.
    It's also ironic as I recall especially from here at KHInsider that many people were rather loud in complaining how every character has to be connected to (or is a "clone" of) already existing characters bogging down their possible uses and chewing Nomura out for not introducing new independent characters that have no preexisting connection to established characters.
    And what are they doing now? Grasping at straws and weighing each new information to make it run with a theory to push these characters exactly into the roles they were complaining about earlier. Like when I see the x-th post about how something a Foreteller does or says could "fit" into the Rebirth theory I can only facepalm at the hypocrisy.

That's it indeed as Reincarnation can take many forms.
    I'm completely honest when I say that I do not like the Foretellers themselves to begin with, but if they would be really just another bunch of clones of some of the main characters I would close the lid of the garbage bin on them for good.

I understand, at least this way he has not to endure the pain anymore.
    Incidents like those can really cause one to believe that there are higher powers in existence, can't they? And by that I explicitly do not mean it in the sense some religions preach.
    I myself do believe that such powers exist in some form and that human (and animal) existences do indeed have at least an immortal "part" to them, but I do not need some hypocritic "holy book" for that.

Yep, these villains are also good candidates for a "love to hate" relationship with the audience as while nearly everyone knows they're a nasty piece of work, they're doing it with so much style and comedic value that there is a mix of dread and anticipation when this villain shows up.
    Totally evil, ruthless and cruel villains tend to get only disgusted and seething reactions out of the audience and they certainly also have their merits, but some black humour certainly tends to trump such villains in terms of versatility.
    It would make also for quite a difference in dynamics for Xehanort as so far characters are either revering him, intimidated and/or hating him.
    Having someone treat Xehanort as totally insignifcant and an amusing weirdo would certainly be something new and I would be interested to see how Xehanort deals with someone giving him that attitude.
    True, but Braig is more or less a subordinate of Xehanort and can only go as far as he allows. Coaty I think would be on the same height as Xehanort and not in any form obliged to obey him nor could Xehanort simply use force to silence him.

I have myseld detached mostly from the actual FF-fandom for the exact same reasons as so far every FF title I played I found something new and/or positive to make the experience worthwhile.
    On the Aerith-thing I never got the whole fuss as the first form was merely a translation error anyways. *shrugs*

Indeed if you observe them for a bit they're quite peculiar. Apart from some struggles over nesting grounds I've also read that pigeons are among the most peaceful birds around and due to over 2000 years of domestication they're actually pretty geared towards humans.
    Some even say that a pigeon can be an excellent pet.
    Most people have something especially against city/street pigeons because there are far too many of them, they tend to dirty buildings and plazas very heavily and are annoying with their constant cooing (which isn't melodious like i.e. the singing of a sparrow or a blackbird).
    The thing is though that there are too many city/street pigeons is entirely humanity's fault because in the over 2000 years of domestication the species of which the city/street pigeon derives from was trained to breed over the whole year. Wild pigeons and doves only breed once or twice a year but the domesticated ones, of which the city/street pigeons are descendants, breed nine to ten times a year.
    Each time a pigeon pair breeds it has between 1 and 3 (most common is 2) babies (called squabs or squeakers) which means 20 new pigeons per pair each year under optimal circumstances.
    Even the ancient Romans already used pigeons not only as messenger birds but also as food (pigeons do taste good indeed and their eggs can also be eaten just like a chicken's egg) while their dung can actually be used as a fertilizer.

Fluffball indeed. ^__^
    What a cute little thing that is. Feet almost as big as the whole thing (Sora?) and it has "stingers" like a hedgehog, lol. What species of bird is that?
    Well TG has a very large cast so it can be hard to remember all the names. :D And Juuzou is the name. He has a lot of death symbolism attached.
    The way the forest was drawn was quite marvelous, and I really liked how Kurona used the rinkaku kagune as an sword. But yeah, nothing super special but a good chapter like always. I am hyped for the coming colored illustration.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back