• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by Et Cetera

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► Quick Fashion Question (prom lol)

Hello all, this is a pretty simple question. I'm going to my senior prom and I'm wondering how it would look if I wore Vans with my tuxedo. I thought it'd be and add just a bit of edge/informality, and my date is alright with it, but I'm getting mixed opinions from my friends. I'm thinking be...
  2. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► My College Essay

So, douchebagery on my part aside, reading yours inspired me to finally edit my essay. I had my English teacher and guidance counselor read the rough draft; it might help you to read other essays, so here it is: /is using gatorade's thread to also grub for cnc
  3. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► My Halloween Costume

I have a really big box that I was thinking of wrapping in aluminum foil or duct tape to be worn as a robot body. So, I'm asking for: 1) Any suggestions on how to make this robot costume really cool 2) A costume idea that can be made with one ro two big boxes instead of robot
  4. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► My College Essay

tl;dr version: delete everything and write a new essay that is about yourself. EDIT: douche post. Do try to include more personal, anecdotal information. Idealism is great and all, but you want to show the admissions department your own voice. Consider making your entire essay --or a large...
  5. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

If it's a square (or any regular polygon), then all the sides are the same length. This let's you set the two expressions equal to each other: x^2 + 2 = x^2 + x subtract x^2 from both sides: 2 = x check your work, if necessary: (2)^2 + 2 = (2)^2 + (2) 8 = 8 ✓
  6. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► Laptops?

Please please please listen to TMM. I trust anything he says because he's got major street cred (see: rep) in my book, not kidding. even though I love my Mac
  7. Et Cetera

See ya later --UPDATED AUGUST 20TH--

In case anybody notice any decrease in my activity in the coming weeks --not that I'm very active even under normal circumstances-- I'm going to California for about three weeks to visit some family and possibly to do some touristy stuff. Maybe I'll make a post here and there when I'm at a...
  8. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

Sitting in the library taking notes on this book, I can't check it out because I'm leaving this weekend and it'd be due before I get back XP My question is: When I start writing my essay, how should I handle/cite a source that cites other sources? Like, I'm taking notes from this book, and some...
  9. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► Shaving?

I had a mustache by the time I was 14 or 15. My father never let me shave it up until a few months ago. Mustaches do not look that good on high schoolers. Unless you wear a full beard, I'd say shave it. Hopefully you'll find you like your new appearance. Maybe the reason people think it grows...
  10. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► it's so hot

itt: who has it the worst/try living in x/NO U btw: South Florida sucks it's 90s (degrees F) and 80-something% humidity all day. Currently it's 100% humidity 'cause it's raining, and the rain isn't even helping any. I've always preferred cold weather. I love being able to wear a firetrucking...
  11. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► I'm taking 9 hours this June

Dogen, do you mean 9 credit hours?
  12. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► Swamp Magic

EDIT: this is a bad post, I'm sorry. can be deleted
  13. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► Is this even justifiable?

I'm not so sure that you understand it either. (the course is titled "pre-calculus"). [devil's advocate]even if a course title has "pre" in it, you still should have to hold certain standards of work and conduct.[/advocate] I don't see what the big deal is. You're supposed to check your work...
  14. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► what does self portrait with no reference to the body mean?

uh, is this a written assingment? If so, sounds to me that they'd like you write about what makes you special as an individual. You may want to write about a particular life-changing experience, or something. Otherwise, I don't know wtf you're talking about
  15. Et Cetera

Help/Support ► Making Them Laugh. (How to do It?)

Don't be scared of sounding dorky. (This sounds cheesy, but,) Embrace the dork. Tell lame jokes and/or puns. Make sure to laugh at your own dorkiness though, or else she'll think you're just a lamewad.
Back