• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by Launchpad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Launchpad

News ► Shinji Hashimoto Retires

If there's even one thing I don't like in KH4, I'm going to attribute it entirely to the 'absence of Hashimoto'. I'm thinking of popularizing the term 'post-Hashimoto KH' (derogatory) to be used instead of meaningful discourse.
  2. Launchpad

2023 is very clearly gonna be the year of Final Fantasy for SE

2023 is actually clearly going to be the year of ME. Anyway, they might slot KH4 in as early as January 2024 by my estimation-- While a same-month launch as an FF title might be something they want to avoid, it's not as though these games absolutely cannibalize each other to the point where they...
  3. Launchpad

Naoki Yoshida on FFXVI: "Kingdom Hearts team has been especially helpful"

The mainline KH games have always been pushing the envelope of quality. KH1 INVENTED air combos in 3D action games. There was not a single game in 2006 on par with KH2 in terms of animation quality, polish, and intelligently interwoven systems. I'd argue it's still mostly peerless. And KH3's...
  4. Launchpad

Naoki Yoshida on FFXVI: "Kingdom Hearts team has been especially helpful"

Cool to hear. Something that's had me spooked about FF XVI is that it has a lot of Dragon's Dogma in its blood, AND it's following up FF XV. They can make the most satisfying physical combat and fun enemies to fight, but none of it will matter if they include the awful system from both...
  5. Launchpad

A Look Back: KH2 Ultimania, Nojima Interview

Thanks for putting this up!! It was a good read.
  6. Launchpad

New Nomura Gameinformer interview. Discusses Disney Worlds, Quadratum, and Final Fantasy in KH4.

I mean I've been using esteemed Youtubers to factcheck KHi's work for years. It's not that you guys aren't trustworthy, it's just that I need the insight of a true gamer's joint to verify that site staff didn't slip up.
  7. Launchpad

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

God, I am so sorry Max. That's awful. I hope you're getting all the support you need right now, and please don't feel obligated to do anything over here. Please just take good care of yourself.
  8. Launchpad

New Nomura Gameinformer interview. Discusses Disney Worlds, Quadratum, and Final Fantasy in KH4.

Interesting stuff. Not to be snarky or anything but it is a bit odd to me that the main site updates us on TWEWY but not this article. Any reason for that?
  9. Launchpad

Square Enix Characters in KH4

I genuinely hope they're only included if Nomura actually has a fun idea for them, rather than just ticking a box. It's one of those things where I really only care if they play a role in the actual video game, rather than just appearing in cutscenes and disappearing when you're in control, like...
  10. Launchpad

KHML needs to be a true action game - literally KH on a phone. No gimmicks, no PNGs and endless gacha, no flick rush, if it wants to succeed.

It really seems like the perfect idea delivered in exactly the wrong way. Simplified KH combat in Disney themed arenas against waves of Heartless, with the occasional boss battle that you can do co-op with. Even with F2P trappings, this is the type of game I could see myself giving a dozen hours...
  11. Launchpad

Politics Florida governor just screwed over Disney as punishment for being "woke"

What's funny is that this is just going to screw taxpayers in Florida. Of all the things to beef with Disney over and screw your approval rating, it had to be the funny gay people.
  12. Launchpad

General feeling towards the game for now?

It'd be nice to play it on my TV, despite how crappy the graphics seem to be. It's not the kind of thing I'm too excited to pull my phone out for. I can't help but feel like this is a good idea being done in a very strange and counterintuitive way... Taking assignments to wipe out heartless in...
  13. Launchpad

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 4 and Missing-Link

As far as Reaction Commands go, I'm all for the enemy-specific RCs that are exploitable and have good utility, like Bat-Fly, Dual Stance, Cyclone, Reversal, etc. Anything that actually factors into the actions Sora can perform is a godsend. These aren't QTEs, they're context specific moves that...
  14. Launchpad

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Art Revealed

I cannot wait for HMK and TheGamersJoint to dissect the famitsu interview and harvest its innards to make a dozen ten minute videos for a d r e v e n u e
  15. Launchpad

Square Enix General

between having 4 reps in Smash and all their huge titles on the horizon, Square has been eating good