• Hello KHInsider Forum Members! Please hide all spoilers and discussion for Final Fantasy VII Remake in a spoiler tag, keep all titles spoiler-free, and do not share any videos/streams/images prior to April 9th 9pm Pacific Time. Anybody who fails to comply will be banned immediately for a week.

Recent content by Launchpad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Launchpad

Did Pete really not remember Riku?

I'm the last person to try and justify a plot goof or stupid writing in KH, but having now rewatched the scene, I feel like most of you are reading it wrong. Pete and Maleficent are actually on the same page here-- they both know it's Riku, obviously. Pete saw Riku in KH2 and in Coded, he knows...
  2. Launchpad

Did Pete really not remember Riku?

honestly, at least in english, there's a sarcastic lilt in his delivery of the question that almost makes it seem like he knows there's more to it. Like, yeah, it's Riku, but which one? Which plays into how much of KH3's script jabbed at itself
  3. Launchpad

Should Sora Become A "Keyblade Master"?

Seems to me like once you become a Keyblade Master, you start losing battles. Riku has never jobbed harder than in KH3. Aqua spends most of her screen time jobbing. Mickey is constantly getting slapped off-screen. Therefore, Sora cannot become a Keyblade Master, because I play as him, and I am...
  4. Launchpad

News ► KH Character Files: Short Stories - Young Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas

God I would make KH so weird. I would establish so many character dynamics that no one asked for. Goofy disapproving of Roxas. Aqua suppressing her carnal attraction for Xigbar. Ventus shaving
  5. Launchpad

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

on the subject of trios, I feel like 2019 brought a huge boost of support and love for SDG. It's funny how fans wanted KH to get more 'mature' and focus on original characters more, but when that ended up happening, it ended up being bad-to-divisive. Then, when finally getting the proper return...
  6. Launchpad

News ► KH Character Files: Short Stories - Young Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas

Sora: This particular villain approached me from out of nowhere and told me that I would fall to darkness. Me! Ridiculous, I thought. I told him that I would never fall to the dark. Where did he even come from? The darkness, probably. I know that the light will guide me through the darkness. He...
  7. Launchpad

News ► KH Character Files: Short Stories - Master Xehanort, Master Eraqus, Vanitas

god i hate these. thank you for translating them-- very well done. i'm sorry the content on offer is such trite shit.
  8. Launchpad

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

Isn't it a little odd that we only found out about Christopher Lloyd voicing Xehanort by hearing him speak in-game? Seems like something they could have announced to drum up some hype, I mean, that's a major get. In any case, it only took me like two words to figure out that it was him. Very...
  9. Launchpad

Another KH3 DLC?

DLC gave us tons of new scenes, explorable Scala, two completely new playable characters for specific segments, EZ/Pro codes, Data Greeting, and 15 superb completely new boss fights. And let's really stress that last one. Let's say the DLC ONLY gave us these new fights and nothing else. No...
  10. Launchpad

Would you be in favor of Original/Square Enix worlds in replace of Disney worlds?

Disney worlds give Nomura and crew an easy out for developing fun backdrops for most of the game to take place in. I kind of doubt they have the ability to come up with such varied and colorful worlds on their own, much less characters and stories to fill them with. I really can't imagine them...
  11. Launchpad

Sephiroth

I'm so happy with what we got that I really wouldn't have wanted any time taken away from the 13 Data Organization fights and Yozora. Literally every fight is fun and good and represents their character extremely well... Having to develop a Sephiroth model, location, scenes, and a battle would...
  12. Launchpad

Another KH3 DLC?

Before ReMind, I would have said they should just move on to the next thing and keep improving. After ReMind, I roughly feel the same, and yet... There's a little gluttonous goblin in my brain that would gladly pay another 30 dollars if the quality of content and improvements were commensurate...
  13. Launchpad

Our childhoods are being slaughtered...

MY childhood is not being slaughtered, pal. Don't you even try to insinuate that.
  14. Launchpad

KH3 Marketing & Future Main Titles

Now that we're getting to a point where KH can once again be taken seriously as an action rpg franchise, mechanically speaking, I think the news cycle could be COMPLETELY different, centering itself more around gameplay updates and changes/improvements to the combat system in the next game...
  15. Launchpad

SPOILERS: How Are We Supposed To Feel About Yozora?

As a gameplay freaque, I think my narrative interest in Yozora is overshadowed by how he's probably the best boss ever created for a Kingdom Hearts game. The way he moves is cool, the style and flair of his attacks is cool, his quotes are hilariously nonchalant, and his strength is communicated...