• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by Pandymint

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Pandymint

Spoilers ► Is the story of Kingdom Hearts really that confusing?

At least partially to explain Brown Sack Man at the start of KH1. Which is all well and good, but then you get into the whole "only hearts can travel through time but a version of that person has to exist where you are going" makes some of the things that happen very confusing if we assume that...
  2. Pandymint

Spoilers ► Is the story of Kingdom Hearts really that confusing?

I don't think Kingdom Hearts as a whole is all that confusing, or convoluted, provided you follow the story as it was released and don't skip over anything. Even DDD isn't that bad once you just forget about the convoluted form of time travel. Sure there are other vagaries in the plot but it is...
  3. Pandymint

I have never understood this... (Fun discussion)

I didn't say they were better. You asked how they have improved, and I gave an answer. And while they may look perfectly fine, they still qualify as 'outdated' just as pixel graphics are 'outdated'. Doesn't mean you can't like them, but they are a product of their time. Vinyl records are...
  4. Pandymint

Graphics have improved by having more processing power to render much higher quality images without turning the console into an impromptu bonfire, and create finer details that are more than a flat .jpg. They're also able to do things like fully rendered facial animations without having to...
  5. Pandymint

Haven't seen a conversation go in a circle this fast since the last time I watched a Nascar race. I don't think they avoid it because its 'outdated', I think they avoid it because they don't need to resort to it. Technology and game engines are better, so they take advantage of it as they see fit.
  6. Pandymint

Of course they could have made it look exactly the same, 1:1 recreation. But then... What's the point? Why make the game on PS4? Or anything more advanced than the PS2, anyway. Why not take advantage of the better technology to update it so it looks, for lack of a better term, more modern...
  7. Pandymint

For thousands of years I have laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slum-oh, it's this. Ya'll realize Square had been using the same engine until 0.2 right. It was time to update the engine. Can't speak for why this is the art style they went with, but I never cared one way or the other. I like...
  8. Pandymint

Regarding the Voice Actor Switch for Kairi...

All I'll say in addition is that y'all sure aren't thinking about this very pragmatically. I'm not blaming Hayden for anything, I'm just spitballing a possible answer that isn't just "Square is bad actually." Occam's razor and all. Whether it was due to budgetary reasons, or scheduling conflicts...
  9. Pandymint

Regarding the Voice Actor Switch for Kairi...

Is deciding to go with a different actor who was always there when the original couldn't be relied on for consistency, regardless of reasons, unceremonious? Sure, maybe a bit rude to not even call. But nah. Unceremonious is how it was for David Hayter because he had to audition for Snake in...
  10. Pandymint

Film ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

I haven't been here in years, and yet this entire thread is giving me flashbacks to several years ago. Are we really debating whether people are dumping on The Little Mermaid because Ariel's actress is black again?
  11. Pandymint

Finding a New Way to Enjoy Kingdom Hearts in 2021

Gonna preface this by saying: good god I haven't been here in years and the days I was feels like a lifetime ago even if it was only 5 years. I don't know why I came back, maybe boredom on this particular day, but what can you do. Thought I'd share this. As title implies I've been a fan of...
  12. Pandymint

We Have to Do Better

I mean, yeah, same. However, sometimes you just can't ignore and stay quiet, just gotta call it out.
  13. Pandymint

Falling in and out of love with Kingdom Hearts in a post-KH3 world

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts since the first time I rented the game at a Blockbuster back in 2002/2003, whenever it came out originally. I held fast at loving the games, then fell off the wagon for a bit after Birth By Sleep because I didn't own a 3DS so I couldn't have gotten DDD to keep...
  14. Pandymint

Kingdom Hearts Class Rosters

Friendly and gets along with everyone Falls asleep during class sometimes, but friends help him out so he doesn't miss anything too important Makes plans to go out with friends but ends up falling asleep on the couch How does he manage to get so much sleep as a college student? No idea where...
  15. Pandymint

We Have to Do Better

I appreciate the frankness of the post, honestly. Sometimes it's best to just not sugarcoat things and just tell it how it is. I'm another person who just drifted away from the forum and only just made posts again. It happened naturally over time, and anytime I looked back it just.. wasn't...
Back