Recent content by Rydgea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Rydgea

Final Fantasy VII Remake - March 3rd 2020

I quite like the homage to the original cover, but the new logo looks worse than ever tacked on it. They just really smudged out Yoshitaka Amano's clean, iconic art with their generic 3D-ifying. Also, since the site has updated, I question why they're keeping Red XIII under wraps. I guess it's...
  2. Rydgea

News ► Watch the Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND TGS Trailer Now!

That was a scrumptious b-day present~
  3. Rydgea

News ► Yū Shimaka, Japanese Voice Actor for Goofy, Passed Away on July 28th at Age 70

Given the timespan of the development of the Xehanort Saga, I remember truly wishing that the voice talent (for both NA and JP) would be in tact through its finale. With as many of these obituaries that we're seeing (at, quite frankly, uncomfortably younger ages than I would have expected), I'm...
  4. Rydgea

News ► Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: The Novel cover art revealed, KH3 Manga Chapter 1 available for purchase

Always loved this cover. Will be excited to finally hold this in my hands and attempt to pinch all their two-dimensional cheeks~ Well, and, you know, read the thing. I'm curious how Tomoco will handle the identities of Data!So/Ri.
  5. Rydgea

News ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake?

He could play anybody shirtless and I would not mind. Would still love for him to play Bond. Honestly, these live-action remakes come to a screeching halt and that'd be just fine with me, but this one, this one I want to see thrive in the face of this pathetic behavior.
  6. Rydgea

News ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake?

Happy about the colorblind casting. I would have been happy with Zendaya, too (unsure of her singing, though). I'll see it for sure, since TLM is at least my second favorite in the Disney animated film canon.
  7. Rydgea

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Novel Vol.2 Cover Revealed

Actually, it was just a time constraint. Redesigning a DS game from scratch would have exceeded the deadline for the collection.
  8. Rydgea

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered coming 2019!!

Don't even get my hopes up. VIII's world would be jaw-droppingly stunning with Square's current prowess. God, I haven't played this game in nearly 15 years. This remaster is a much needed revisit. I know they redid the models for IX and X, but weren't KH1.5's just transferred from DDD?
  9. Rydgea

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Novel Vol.2 Cover Revealed

It's totally expected and passé, but damn if Shiro hasn't done it again and made me feel things with his magical art. I just love it. *3*
  10. Rydgea

Friendly reminder that Atlantis: the Lost Empire was under consideration for KH1

I thought the length of games like KHIII and DDD was sufficient. I'd rather have them continually invest in each property whole-heartedly than to give us an arbitrary additional bunch for the sake of numbers. Age old adages apply here too: Quality > quanity. In agreement with @ultima-demi, the...
  11. Rydgea

Final Fantasy VII Remake - March 3rd 2020

While I'm not necessarily a Quinton Flynn fan (his performance as Axel elevates KH, sure) and think that his time is better spent pursuing obtainable wins, I empathize. It's become increasingly epidemic, these swaths of recasts. See: Powerpuff Girls, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, etc. We're talking...
  12. Rydgea

Final Fantasy IX

My babiesss are all here~
  13. Rydgea

News ► KH3 Critical Mode adds various QOL updates including save carry over, more photo slots

I think my main umbrage is seeing, almost systematically, a lot of the critiques and civil venting labeled as negativity to begin with. Everyone should be able to air out their sentiments without being typed at. That generates and even more toxic environment, I think. I certainly don't go into...
  14. Rydgea

Which name did you like better: SquareSoft or Square Enix?

There's a certain soothing sibilance when saying SquareSoft.
  15. Rydgea

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

I went to a subbed screening of Penguin Highway tonight, and now Hikki's "Good Night" is stuck in my head. I think it merits a rewatch. I'm also curious how the dub translation was handled.