• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by SteffiAnna

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. SteffiAnna

Researcher/Fan Birth by Sleep Discussion

Thanks so much for the reply, Tartarus. You definitely gave me a lot to think about! This is a great point and one I'll keep in mind when I go back to do an analysis of the game. I'll have to keep the bechdel test in mind when looking at Aqua's interactions (to pass the bechdel test, two...
  2. SteffiAnna

What happpened to Clayton?

"Not Clayton, (monkey noises), Not Clayton" - Tarzan I always thought it was strange that he disappeared too. Based on the Tarzan line it's possible he became/was a heartless, no?
  3. SteffiAnna

Thanks so much, kuraudoVII! You bring up a great point here. Why do you think the female characters in Kingdom Hearts (aside from the disney villains) are so infallible? They don't seem much like real people because they have no flaws. They all seem to have 'pure' and 'incorruptible' hearts...
  4. SteffiAnna

I found it interesting that Aqua's looks were consistently brought up when she's not an overtly sexualized character. (short shorts of course but tamer than Final Fantasy costumes). What do you think of the way she reacted to these advances? She denied their advances but in a polite, albeit sort...
  5. SteffiAnna

Jgray123487, thanks for replying! So do you play any other games with playable female characters? If so, which ones? How would you describe them (in general, or in relation to Aqua)?
  6. SteffiAnna

Thanks Divine Past! So you're saying since there aren't many playable girls in the series (I haven't played 358/2, does it have one?] then she serves as sort of a novelty which means she didn't have to be very complicated, interesting! I do think it's weird how she's like super 'good'. The...
  7. SteffiAnna

Absent, thanks so much for your reply! I agree! Why do you say the series 'desperately needed a female character'? For believably? For the sake of female fans? For variety? Because the boys are so angsty? :P You also say Aqua is independent and strong as opposed to the other female characters...
  8. SteffiAnna

incognito_ thanks for being so helpful! If you have time I have some more questions. I'm new to forums (I know, bad fangirl) so forgive me if I don't get this quote thing right! Do you typically gravitate toward mage characters? Do you typically think of mage characters as female? I tend to...
  9. SteffiAnna

DarkGrey Heroine, your reply is particularly helpful to me. Thanks so much for being so willing to help! I love how self-reflexive you are about exactly why you relate to the characters you do, super super helpful! And glad to hear you're still on the side of the light, after all, "Kingdom...
  10. SteffiAnna

Wow, thanks so much everyone! I’m still not entirely sure where my project is going but you’ve given me a lot to think about. I’m going to go back and do an analysis of Aqua’s story and character development eventually (excited to play through her story again!). So keeping the consideration of...
  11. SteffiAnna

Hello! I’m a huge KH fan and a PhD student currently interested in games/gender/avatars/identification etc. What could be better than getting to research and fanboy at the same time?! So I’m wondering if my fellow fans could help me out… Thanks to 2.5 I was able to play Birth By Sleep for the...
Back