• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Violet Pluto
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• I'd actually disagree on this. Frozen's problems were probably a directive from Disney themselves. I'll just give a quick list because I've been wanting to really talk about this in depth for months:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now the specific reasons that I think The Mouse did this on purpose is that they could easily use this game to keep Frozen in the public eye. Now at the time, KH3 was supposed to come out 1-3 years ago, and back then (and even now) Frozen was a good cash cow for them and even when the progress had to be reset that was still good that it came out this year as a little known movie by the name of "Frozen 2" came out this recently.

The problems with this level also line up too well. Frozen is shown off but not too much, making it so that if you didn't see it and/or buy it you may be compelled to pick it up, and if you don't already know the story you might be interested by the teases they gave to the full movie. To do that more easily keep the MCs out of the story as long as possible (mountain), Keep the villain away from the story too (irrelevance), and put as many nods and songs from the movie into this even if they aren't explored at all (Sven and his moose, all of the songs, Hans etc.) So though I might be crazy I think that whole world was just a reminder that Frozen exists.

EDIT: Wow the headers didn't show up. I'll fix that now.
    It's not just Arendelle in fact most of the New Disney Worlds (minus Big Hero 6) had guidelines from Disney as well, even Pixar also put guidelines to Nomura and Square Enix on the worlds based on their movies (Toy Story and Monster's Inc.), of course not in the same level as the guidelines seen in the Tangled and Frozen worlds, but it was mostly noticeable In the Monster's Inc. given how picky and restrictive they were on not allowing Randall to be a boss (more so a mid-boss) in the level, compared to the Toy Story world imao. San Fransokyo, from Big Hero 6 was I say the ONLY new Disney world out of the 5 new worlds (Kingdom of Corona, Toy Box, Monstropolis, and Arendelle) introduced in KH3, that Disney didn't put Guidelines and restrictions on given that the story was set after the events of the movie instead of being a retelling of the original film which allowed Nomura and his team creative freedom, of course credit goes to Roy Conli (producer of Big Hero 6) who came up with the original story.

Lastly I feel in my unpopular opinion that Kingdom of Corona was more frustrating than Arendelle especially during the stories 2nd and 3rd Act.

Arendelle problems are because of Disney, not because they were working against the clock.

We're talking about Frozen here, guys. Disney being overprotective of their best selling animated movie back then is much more believable than Square not having time to do it justice.
    I'm soryy but I have to disagree with you. In fact, I was more frustrated with Corona than Arendelle in my unpopular opinion, cause literally Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb" in the world and literally don't know what has happened especially during the 2nd and last acts of the world.

I made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona, before which you can view here, here and here.

But literally, Sora and the gang never question Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, but they also didn’t know about Mother Gothel true colors and remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her until Marluxia reveals her real colors to them through context. Wanna hear the worse part, they, especially Goofy (who is supposed to be the intelligent one of the trio) didn’t grow suspicious with Mother Gothel especially when she coldly dismissed them and said they were “useless and of no help”. I mean If I was present with them and after our first encounter with Gothel once she dismiss us and leaves, I too would be the first to question and feel suspicious about Gothel especially when she coldly dismiss us as “useless” and wether if she really is Rapunzel’s “real mother” (which she isn’t). Even they also remain blissfully unaware that Flynn/Eugene got knocked out and when they (particularly Donald and Goofy) see him again they don't question what happened to him they just say, "Flynn Sora's unconscious" and "Oh no Rapunzel is held Captive" etc. it felt too preachy and over the top.

Even Flynn/Eugene’s character in the game was vastly different compared to his role in the original movie. Basically as the Stabbington Brothers were written out of the game and replaced with Marluxia (believe me EVERYONE but their Grandmothers saw this a mile away when the film was announced as a world and knew he was going to replace the brothers) he is the ONLY thief that steals the crown and his reasonings on why he wanted to return the crown and Satchel in KH3 felt not only lacking and “forced” but it had little to no purpose compared to why he wanted to return it in the original movie.

Lastly, the rest of it when Flynn went out to rescue Rapunzel (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel (yeah they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation) but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Just Imagine if SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved.

Also, even Gothel and Rapunzel saw/Encounter Marluxia ONCE, none of them ever bring up his name nor mention his name again for the remainder of the world, which honestly made Marluxia's appearance in Corona felt "shoehorned". At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member and not brush them off, particularly the former when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

So literally It's not just Arendelle and to a degree Corona, in fact most of the New Disney Worlds introduced to KH3 (minus Big Hero 6) had guidelines from Disney as well, even Pixar also put guidelines to Nomura and Square Enix on the worlds based on their movies (Toy Story and Monster's Inc.), of course not in the same level as the guidelines seen in the Tangled and Frozen worlds, but it was mostly noticeable In the Monster's Inc. given how picky and restrictive they were on not allowing Randall to be a boss (more so a mid-boss) in the level, compared to the Toy Story world imao. San Fransokyo, from Big Hero 6 was I say the ONLY new Disney world out of the 5 new worlds (Kingdom of Corona, Toy Box, Monstropolis, and Arendelle) introduced in KH3, that Disney didn't put Guidelines and restrictions on given that the story was set after the events of the movie instead of being a retelling of the original film which allowed Nomura and his team creative freedom, of course credit goes to Roy Conli (producer of Big Hero 6) who came up with the original story.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back