• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rumour: Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind Trailer Coming Next Month, New Difficulties Teased

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Aaaw, that's sweet to here. So does this mean you're opinion of KH3's base game (the part that was labeled disappointing) has improved, or are you merely saying you're going into ReMind with an open mind? Either way, part of me is at least glad people are able to approach this with some level of renewed hope.
KH3 didn't disappoint me, but every time I think back on my time playing it it felt like something was missing.

But as someone who wasn't that let down, it really disappointed me that others were so hurt by what KH3 delivered. I felt some of that when FFVIIR had it's blow out at E3 because it seemed like Nomura had prioritised that game over KH3 (especially since KH3 had seemed like some testing grounds for FFVIIR, for example the revamped menu).

What I hope Re Mind can do is reignite the love for KH that many fans feel KH3 snuffed out. Re Mind reminds me of everything that KH2FM was adding that made it, to this day, be a faithful adaption with a lot of elements that keep fans believing it to be a top JRPG game and I hope those same people keep an open mind with KH3.

I'm thankful for these additions. It's expanding on areas that I did have issues with at launch (I felt KHUX elements were shoe-horned in, but if Nomura can make them worthwhile then it will work for KH3 and the next game) but if it makes people feel like it's a proper successor to KH2FM then it's done its job in my eyes, something I feel between what we already knew for the DLC, and now with these additions it cements it in my eyes (until release and people find other reasons to be let down).

Perkilator

Awards
Not to get my hopes up (in fact, I’m surely stretching), but what if that revamped 358/2 Days scene is part of a potential 358/2 Days remake? Outside of that, I’m at least glad we got info at the concert.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Not to get my hopes up (in fact, I’m surely stretching), but what if that revamped 358/2 Days scene is part of a potential 358/2 Days remake? Outside of that, I’m at least glad we got info at the concert.

Don't tease my emotions with talk of a Days remake. My soul cannot take the disappointment when it doesn't happen. I'll turn into a Heartless!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My understanding is that recreating previous scenes would be very limited due to needing existing assists to do so. Axel, Xion, and the Twilight Town mansion exist so they can afford to have players remake that scene. I can only imagine some KH2 and BbS scene remade via photo mode.

drew0512

Awards
Photo Mode is not really my cup of tea but I'm happy it is being added because other people would definitely enjoy it a lot. Im personally hyped for Black code mode as it sounds huge, if done right. All I need now is more Gummiship content and I'm set!

NoWay

Awards
The new difficulties sound amazing! But I’m not here for that Photo Mode. I really want them to expand the original worlds especially Scala.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The only thing I'm interesting here is the black mode and how much possibilities it offers, but even so after the critical mode came out, new difficulty features aren't a priority for me.

I'm more eager for new story and gameplay content. Hopefully the next trailer shows a glimpse of the secret episode.

Regardless, the size of this DLC pack is indeed insane and Nomura convinced me that will be worth the wait, even if it doesn't have everything I wanted.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That's a lot of stuff!

Photo Mode allows you to pose any of the game’s protagonists (and even antagonists in one hilarious example photo) in your chosen setting with props and background effects.
Huh.
The other protagonists having reactions and poses when we use the camera.

Org. XIII having reactions and poses when we use the camera.
Well, it's not exactly that, but the fact we're getting this Photo Mode at all is a real surprise.

Example props included a giant pancake
*Just a Pancake intensifies*

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm excited about this photo mode and slideshow stuff. It sounds fun, and I'll be taking full advantage of it. Couldn't ask for more, really.

And oh my gosh, I want to see these pictures that were at the concert! They sound great!

And Irino being horrified by the new difficulty mode is hilarious. Haha:)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Those new difficulties sound rather insane. The photo mode might be fun, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it, still getting a group photo of the MCs will be nice.

I'm happy to hear we'll be getting more info in December. My guess is jumpfesta seeing I just can't see a trailer premiering at the Game Awards.

Lulcy

Awards
The custom difficulty sounds interesting on paper but unless core mechaniques could be tweaked beyond just adjusting damage values or removing mechaniques (again, removing options and by extension removing player freedom of expresion instead of adjusting them is not the right way of balancing), like cancel windows, i-frames, combo speed, gravity, move properties, etc; this addition is useless and could amplify problems with the current combat system.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
The DLC sounds amazing if this is all true. You have stuff for casual players with the new photo stuff as well as new challenges for those who want them with the Black Code. I’m glad their considering more than just the “hard-core” stuff like super bosses.

I really can’t wait to see what kind of gameplay styles will arise from the Black Code. What a great way to add more replay value to the game. I wonder if you’ll be able to mix Black Code stuff with Free Pass Mode. I really hope this all pans out to be true because I’m getting excited to see what people come up with. I just beat level 1 critical about a week and a half ago so I’m ready for some new ways to play.

Any

Awards
Thinking about it, we could probably make just about any ship canon in new photo mode. My ships will be canon in photo mode :’)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If anything, the game needs a difficulty in between Proud & Critical. KH3 Proud is more like Standard in any other game while Critical has enemies one-shotting ya in the very first Olympus mob. Not quite finding the Mama Bear setting for me in this game.

Thinking about it, we could probably make just about any ship canon in new photo mode. My ships will be canon in photo mode :’)
*No Cinderella to pair with Aqua* Why even bother?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Black Code mode make me so happy I could cry, can I finally have a well balanced KH game?!?!
I gonna deal less damage than critical mode and have a little bit more defence, just enough to not get one hit killed by all the bosses at lv.1, it gonna be beautiful, simply glorious :D <3 #happygamer

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
If anything, the game needs a difficulty in between Proud & Critical. KH3 Proud is more like Standard in any other game while Critical has enemies one-shotting ya in the very first Olympus mob. Not quite finding the Mama Bear setting for me in this game.
Lol, that critique reminds a lot of Nier Automata, where "hard mode" was like a critical critical mode. Except at least there it was played as a meta-joke on some of the more absurd difficulty options in modern games.

Depending on how much customization options the player has with Black Code, I could see a player developing a semi-critical for the more intermediate players, buuuut knowing this community, I doubt many would ever do that, lol.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The custom difficulty sounds interesting on paper but unless core mechaniques could be tweaked beyond just adjusting damage values or removing mechaniques (again, removing options and by extension removing player freedom of expresion instead of adjusting them is not the right way of balancing), like cancel windows, i-frames, combo speed, gravity, move properties, etc; this addition is useless and could amplify problems with the current combat system.
This is such an unreasonable ask, like seriously
If you want this much control you might as well just program your own game

GreyouTT

Awards
Those new difficulties sound rather insane. The photo mode might be fun, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it, still getting a group photo of the MCs will be nice.

I'm happy to hear we'll be getting more info in December. My guess is jumpfesta seeing I just can't see a trailer premiering at the Game Awards.
Disagree man, I don't think they want a DLC taking up FF7 Remake's time at Jump Festa. The Game Awards is prime time to drop a trailer and release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back