• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
And Sora IS fighting alongside Kairi during her battle with Xehanort. A very important thing to note is Kingdom Hearts in this fight is purple, meaning we could still be in KG since Kingdom Hearts before the purpling and during the final battle was yellow. Kairi might have not been kidnapped this time.

I think they’re definitely still in the Keyblade Graveyard still since that’s what Kairi’s command menu is themed to. It’s possible this version of the events might not take them to Scala at all.

Megavoltage

Awards
The idea of the Master of Masters gathering exceptional warriors from different Worldlines intrigues me. It could open a door of possibilities concerning an entire universe of spinoffs for KINGDOM HEARTS.
After BBS the story got kind of awkward because the writers couldn't move the story very far without bumping into KH3. I still enjoyed Recoded, DDD, and 0.2 but the stories they could tell were gimped. With worldlines, just like you said, it opens up endless possibilities so I don't think we'll ever get 'filler' games again. Can't have Important Battle happen just yet but you still want to release a couple games? Worldlines, baby! Go nuts! Do whatever you want!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think they’re definitely still in the Keyblade Graveyard still since that’s what Kairi’s command menu is themed to. It’s possible this version of the events might not take them to Scala at all.
Didn't even pay attention to that. Pretty much confirms they're still in the Keyblade Graveyard.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Ugh.. That shot made me hurl in disgust. Just seeing that many Anti-Aqua's is almost enough to make me lose any and all goodwill I had with this trailer. Never thought I'd hate a fictional concept so much, lol.

Personal feelings aside though, we're supposed to be thinking that her PSTD is almost exclusively from her experience of being Anti-fied, or rather her time in the abyss, right? Definitely makes more sense than her simply shutting in fear of the Shadnado itself. Now, that'd be acceptable, if it weren't for the absolutely contrived way she ended up there, and her dropping the subject entirely as soon as she was reverted. Not getting into it all here, but because of the context surrounding Anti-Aqua as a whole (and the fact that this is a direct consequence of that), I can't view her vision as anything else but... forced and unnecessary. In terms of it's function in the narrative, it does nothing except make her come across as a total doormat (as does the rest of the game), and.. I'm sorry, but I don't appreciate it one bit

That's fair. I think they should've expanded more on Aqua not being battle-ready by any means, but she jumps right into the "Rescue Ven" mission -- Something even Sora points out (twice actually) is weird because she just got back and hasn't recovered. But maybe it's because it's Vanitas, someone she's beaten before, and she went to Castle Oblivion without the intent of fighting anything. It could be argued that her tanking a Dark Firaga was a reflection of her not thinking straight after just getting out, but I'll admit, even I found that kinda dumb. But I suppose it gave a reason for Sora to use the Power of Waking because it was do-or-die there (even though he could've hopped in the ring and took Vanitas out himself).

I think it's also a matter of, "now that we've got everyone, we're gonna go fight Xehanort tomorrow!" and while it wasn't like Xehanort was going to wait forever, I feel like Yen Sid could've made sure everyone was for sure ready to go. (Although knowing Aqua, she would've lied and said she was okay even if he did check in, so... Hm.) In 0.2, even her walking around in the Realm of Darkness was enough to make her start losing her sanity, so Anti-Aqua to me makes sense because that whole situation I think is what would've happened if she hadn't renewed her faith in being saved eventually - it hastened the effect.

What the trailer does show though is that even though she seemed okay, it's clear that in the end, she really wasn't. But again, she probably didn't say a word because of what was at stake. Or, she might've really felt that she was capable enough to handle it, saw the tornado and the PTSD just kicked in at high gear. I think some Aqua internal monologue would be great for this, but Sora doing a Dive might be the next best thing.

D

Deleted member 252753

That's fair. I think they should've expanded more on Aqua not being battle-ready by any means, but she jumps right into the "Rescue Ven" mission -- Something even Sora points out (twice actually) is weird because she just got back and hasn't recovered. But maybe it's because it's Vanitas, someone she's beaten before, and she went to Castle Oblivion without the intent of fighting anything. It could be argued that her tanking a Dark Firaga was a reflection of her not thinking straight after just getting out, but I'll admit, even I found that kinda dumb. But I suppose it gave a reason for Sora to use the Power of Waking because it was do-or-die there (even though he could've hopped in the ring and took Vanitas out himself).

I think it's also a matter of, "now that we've got everyone, we're gonna go fight Xehanort tomorrow!" and while it wasn't like Xehanort was going to wait forever, I feel like Yen Sid could've made sure everyone was for sure ready to go. (Although knowing Aqua, she would've lied and said she was okay even if he did check in, so... Hm.) In 0.2, even her walking around in the Realm of Darkness was enough to make her start losing her sanity, so Anti-Aqua to me makes sense because that whole situation I think is what would've happened if she hadn't renewed her faith in being saved eventually - it hastened the effect.

What the trailer does show though is that even though she seemed okay, it's clear that in the end, she really wasn't. But again, she probably didn't say a word because of what was at stake. Or, she might've really felt that she was capable enough to handle it, saw the tornado and the PTSD just kicked in at high gear. I think some Aqua internal monologue would be great for this, but Sora doing a Dive might be the next best thing.

She is even more foolhardy when attacking Ansem SoD barehanded in the Realm of Darkness.

I may be wrong but I think we see Aqua with Riku in the Land of Departure in the new trailer where she says that she's 'not alone this time'. I wonder if she might get some kind of rematch with Vanitas then (who I think has been conspicuously absent from ReMind trailers so far)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not to go off-topic, but, out of curiosity, what other media makes you think of that?
Can't think of specifics off the top of my head, but over the years I've seen occasionally that if something, most commonly a robot, goes evil (usually because the villain took it over,) then their eyes change to red. Though I don't see it much these days, but it felt I saw it all the time growing up.

EDIT: But my initial comment wasn't that I actually thought such. Just an observational joke based on a trope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Can't think of specifics off the top of my head, but over the years I've seen occasionally that if something, most commonly a robot, goes evil (usually because the villain took it over,) then their eyes change to red. Though I don't see it much these days, but it felt I saw it all the time growing up.

For what it's worth, there's an example in KH3 itself. In San Fransokyo, Dark Baymax has glowing red 'eyes'. I do personally think that there is a lot of foreshadowing going on with that bit as well.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For what it's worth, there's an example in KH3 itself. In San Fransokyo, Dark Baymax has glowing red 'eyes'. I do personally think that there is a lot of foreshadowing going on with that bit as well.
Come to think of it, Baymax's eyes also went red in the movie when Hiro removed his caregiver chip to kill Callaghan. Not a villain example, but still one of "going bad makes your eyes red".

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The idea that Riku and Mickey could visit Radiant Garden and have no interaction with Leon et al., the idea that Sora would not seek them out while he was looking for answers and that his heart/the universal elements surrounding his journey would not lead him to them as has always happened when he needs guidance, reassurance, or a base of operations from which to work, the idea that they would have no knowledge of and do nothing to help prepare Kairi and Lea in their training (despite Merlin's centrality to that subplot) or assist the GoL in their greater mission using the resources they have at their disposal-- these are the contrivances harming KH3's internal narrative logic.
Riku has never even met them. I concede Mickey has some unexplained relation to Leon but I still fail to see why they would go out of their way for a visit. Anything they needed to know about Xehanort can be fed though his former colleagues/underlings. There is merit to Sora being guided there, I agree, yet even with all that said I hardly find their lack of inclusion to be "contrivances harming KH3's internal narrative logic".

And just so you know
But there's no reason to bother going down this route if you're going to actually frame criticism of it as disingenuously as "not liking how she was important." That is such a standard deflection and an appeal to the lowest threshold of discourse.
I hope you realize that all you're doing is taking my commentary out of context and reframing it to fit the semantics of the argument you want to make. It's really transparent.
It's very possible to have a back-and-forth without painting me as disingenuous. If I came across in such a way then I'm sorry, just expand on your point and talk about it. I admit my post was a bit antagonising; I don't actually disagree with you in some regards but I personally took issue with how you were presenting your points and was frustrated.
That said the thread has moved on and I'm not really interested anymore.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Whatever problems Days had with keeping the traditional structure of a KH game intact vis-a-vis Disney, it redeems itself the minute those devices are activated during the final boss fight, leading to a dramatic world-spanning climax that fully pays off the other 357 days of
View attachment 12058
Mmmmm........no, not feeling it. The areas we fight Xion are just background to me. When I say I want Disney worlds to matter more, what I really mean is Disney characters mattering more. & they do virtually nothing in this game.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
She is even more foolhardy when attacking Ansem SoD barehanded in the Realm of Darkness.

I may be wrong but I think we see Aqua with Riku in the Land of Departure in the new trailer where she says that she's 'not alone this time'. I wonder if she might get some kind of rematch with Vanitas then (who I think has been conspicuously absent from ReMind trailers so far)

Excellent point, because she rushed in to fight Ansem without a Keyblade to protect Ansem the Wise. Admirable, but really, really reckless. Makes you wonder if Ansem would've let Aqua come with those two if she didn't resist, considering how the goal is to have 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses. I want to say no, but... Imagine how ridiculous it would've been for Aqua to have been saved by not Sora, not Riku, not even King Mickey but... Ansem. Xehanort's Heartless. The guy who's responsible for literally everything going on right now.

Now I wish Nomura would've done it lmao.

I think Aqua being with Riku is there in order for Aqua to get some proper shine, because people aren't wrong when they say she kinda got the short end of the stick in KH3 (or even the franchise as a whole, but who DIDN'T catch an L at some point in this series, even Hayner lmao). I don't know if Vanitas is gonna have some grand role, but it'd be interesting to see more of him.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Imagine how ridiculous it would've been for Aqua to have been saved by not Sora, not Riku, not even King Mickey but... Ansem. Xehanort's Heartless. The guy who's responsible for literally everything going on right now.

Now I wish Nomura would've done it lmao.
Would have been nice since he was dabbling with the idea of becoming a traitor.

the red monster

Awards
I'm still wondering what's up with playable mickey, i doubt they gonna skip this fight in the DLC.
gonna be pretty salty if we play as sora again
1575866135746.png

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Would have been nice since he was dabbling with the idea of becoming a traitor.

And the funny thing is, I think it's right after he gets to Twilight Town's mansion and the whole mayhem with Hayner, Pence Olette happens is when you can tell he thinks to himself "Y'know, what if I just walked out right now and never looked back?"

Aside from his younger self, I guess Xemnas and maybe Vanitas, everyone was waiting to turn on Xehanort eventually lmao. And even Xemnas was like "damn bro, you know what, maybe I messed up in all of this."

Back