• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Even putting my greatly reduced time for such things aside I have to agree with this as due to the whole Ux-stuff intruding everywhere and the atrocious pacing of that game giving barely any tangible information in a reasonable time frame it's gotten hard to make feasible theories. I think there are still things from the original browser Chi that haven't been properly addressed.

Combine this with the hard to grasp worldline-stuff and you are hard-pressed to even find enough solid factual ground to start even base a theory on.

Speaking of "worldlines", what is that exactly anyways? Parallel dimensions? Alternate universes? Different timelines created from meddling too much with time travel? Simple different layers of reality?

Yeah UX still has a lot of question marks introduced early on that haven't been answered. Like for example how Donald and Goofy ended up in Daybreak Town. The dialog implies it was before the events of Travers Town but not before the beginning of KH1. (Though I might be mistaking a side event for the story event)

The World line thing at the moment is really unclear. It might be a different branch on the timeline or a alternative universe at the moment. Heck with what happened in UX it might just be any cluster of worlds that exist seperately so the Datascape from Coded for example. I mainly think that, because it seems UX's second season is set in a Datascape.

Didn't we (as in the community, not specifically us two) already had such discussions with Xehanort already around BBS/DDD times?

"Good guys" and "bad guys" being designations for settings with strictly black and white moral views aside, I'd say the "ends justify the means"-approaches are always a slippery slope and the whole "doing horrible things for the greater good" were in fact truly already done by Xehanort.

Having MoM and/or Luxu operate on a similar mindset would get somewhat boring.

That's kinda why I'm hoping their more amoral than morally grey. Having villains that are occasionally going to help the heros because it forwards their own agendas could be fun.

I'm hoping that MoM isn't just Xehanort 2.0, just you know he's been planning this for LONGER!

The problem is KH doing too much at once while not explaining, or rather getting people to understand by showing most of these introduced concepts.

These days KH seems to be very much flashy stuff and creating shocking twists for drama points and "wow"-factor rather than any coherency to what is actually happening.

DDD started a valiant effort to at least partly bring things back on track and tie loose subplots from the handheld trinity games back to the main plot even if it was at the same time the introduction of the whole time travel crap, but the whole X-era mumbo jumbo threw everything off the rails again and that shows in KH 3 itself.

Yeah, you're right KH could have incorporated these idea in a way that was less all at once.

If they set well defined rules for Time Travel and stuck with them dedicating a full game to properly introducing and exploring the theme it would probably be less icky. Same goes for the Power of Waking, which currently is just a soft magic that does what you need to revive a character.

KH3D did try to tie all the plot points from BBS, Coded and Days together, but at the same time it opened a can of worms with the Time Traveling, which ultimately is how a lot of the UX stuff that came in, that KH3 didn't handle well.

I think the core problem with Nomura is that he's prone to let his current favorite interests interfere with his already established universe and characters, the whole "Verum Rex"-stuff is the best example for that alongside the whole UX-stuff with Foretellers, MoM and associated "lore".

Nomura simply wasn't that interested anymore in the things that were built up by KH 1/2, BBS, Days and Coded, at least compared to the X-stuff and all associated new material.

He knew he had to bring the already started stuff to an end but the excitement and eagerness to work with the new things was so great that finishing the old story/saga became working down a checklist instead of actually fleshing it out fully.

This just makes it obvious that the long development between DDD and 3, hurt the story quite a bit.

Mainly because KH:Chi introduced new lore and characters, which Nomura ended up becoming really attached and invested in. To the point that when KH3's story was being worked on, he seemingly lost interest in a lot of the things he set up previously that felt important. Like the Chambers of Wakening and Repose.

He was more interested in fitting his established ending into his new project's path than having it properly fit with the previously paved path.

There are things that make KH3s story feel like the interest in it has been lost and it's been thrown together to have it over with so he can get on to his new ideas.

Gotta have to agree.

Based on already established story beats from previous games it would have made much more sense to have Merlin and the FF gang call the shots in Radiant Garden from the beginning and serve as guides and secondary support characters like they always did.

Having Ienzo and the mute Dilan and Aeleus there from the start and also as the major RG characters was an out of the blue shot that has no base in the already established story. Why would RG let those involved in its destruction take charge again just like that without any conflict and settling scores?

Would have been much better if the FF gang started out there with Ienzo and co. joining later and doing their thing after they managed to convince the majority that they're now on their side and working to make amends.

I think you just outlined what could have/should have been RG's plot. Which would have been important to having Ienzo become a support character. In the game he just suddenly is there and accepted by the good guys.

Like how did Yen Sid, Mickey's crew and Ienzo even get into talking? When did that happen? They just revived during DDD and we're lead to believe that was just moments before KH3 kick started.

Tbh I am quite unsure what to make of Kairi by now. Except for one scene in where she speaks about Naminé it seems everything she is involved with if at all is always only about Sora yet again like she has no agency of her own at all.

Regarding Kairi, I feel that'll be a constant issue with her. Unless she gets her own game, that doesn't focus on her only wanting to save Sora.

That said saving Sora is the next big story beat, so regardless of how good it'd be fore her, she'd have to be part of that quest or it feel really weird. Especially with KH3 hammering home how she wants to keep him safe.

Ideally I'd want her to team up with Riku as he goes to save Sora. This gives us some Riku and Kairi bonding, while also focusing on the trio.

I also like this combo, because the extroverted Kairi could initialize interactions with the Disney characters, which the more introverted Riku probably wouldn't do as easily.

I mean we already saw in the first Re:Mind trailer that roxas and riku doesn't get shotlocks, doubt it will change.

Yeah i doubt it myself, but seeing that trailer was 5 months ago, i wouldn't rule it out.

@AdrianXXII I noticed that Kairi has a Shotlock like Sora and Aqua and unlike Riku, too! Though I imagine Riku might get one in looks like his new scenario?

Riku potentially getting his own scenario in the limited/secret episode is part of why i wouldn't rule out him getting a shootlock or other new abilities.

Still Kairi having one gives me some hope that she might get more than just one fight. However that's mostly wishful thinking.

On the upside we now have most things required for a playable Kairi scenario in the future if they stick with the engine.

And I'd be all for a Destiny Trio attack. They didn't at all get enough love in KHIII (though maybe Nomura's saving that for their reunion in IV), or Riku and Kairi...

It'd be nice if Re:Mind could add some Sora, Riku and Kairi moments and interactions. We haven't had too many of them in all the games. The most we ever had was in KH1

Which is unfortunate, since 0.2 had cute Riku and Kairi bonding and that was originally a part of KHIII. Actually, maybe that was the problem: the 0.2 section was supposed to cover the Riku and Kairi stuff, and then when it got clipped off KHIII, Nomura didn't think to really put any more anywhere else. (Okay, to be fair, I think there was some stuff. Like, people complain that Riku didn't seem upset about the Kairi situation at all and I disagree. He was clearly concerned when Sora implied she'd been kidnapped by Xemnas. He had a panicked look on his face, if I recall correctly, and said "You mean something happened to her?" And seemed irritated, to me, when Sora got cut off by Master Xehanort before he could tell him more. And then when Xehanort killed her, he growled and tried to destroy him. And he was also the only one assuring Sora at the end that they'd find a way to save Kairi by going to Master Yen Sid's... but when Sora didn't want to wait for that, he accepted his decision. I think there was a little Kairi caring about Riku too, like her respecting his wanting to be alone on Destiny Islands, and seeming to know that her saving Sora would lead to him rescuing the others--of course including Riku--but I still want more).

Yeah, the little interaction in 0.2 was sweat. It's sad that we didn't get more in KH3 itself.
There were quite a few places they could have expanded on it. With Riku dropping her off at Merlin's or giving her, her new clothes etc.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
That's fair. I think they should've expanded more on Aqua not being battle-ready by any means, but she jumps right into the "Rescue Ven" mission -- Something even Sora points out (twice actually) is weird because she just got back and hasn't recovered. But maybe it's because it's Vanitas, someone she's beaten before, and she went to Castle Oblivion without the intent of fighting anything. It could be argued that her tanking a Dark Firaga was a reflection of her not thinking straight after just getting out, but I'll admit, even I found that kinda dumb. But I suppose it gave a reason for Sora to use the Power of Waking because it was do-or-die there (even though he could've hopped in the ring and took Vanitas out himself).
Rather than diving more into her exhaustion, how about the fact that she let her ego interfere with her better judgement and forced Sora out of the battle when she didn't need to? That was completely out-of-character, especially since it was VEN (and the goal of waking him) that motivated her for the vast majority of her exile in the RoD. There's no realistic way she would risk that for something so petty. I get how feeling humiliated can suck, but she could've at the very least been allowed to deal with it gracefully and maturely. That's how an actual Master should be behaving. @Harmonie put it nicely some months back, but risking the well being of yourself and your friends just for the sake of proving your own strength is something Terra would do (which is precisely why he isn't a Master yet). And the fact that she still manages to lose in such an objectively stupid way (barrier and teleportation are literally her most signature moves), just seals how utterly embarrassing the whole thing was and is.

I think it's also a matter of, "now that we've got everyone, we're gonna go fight Xehanort tomorrow!" and while it wasn't like Xehanort was going to wait forever, I feel like Yen Sid could've made sure everyone was for sure ready to go. (Although knowing Aqua, she would've lied and said she was okay even if he did check in, so... Hm.) In 0.2, even her walking around in the Realm of Darkness was enough to make her start losing her sanity, so Anti-Aqua to me makes sense because that whole situation I think is what would've happened if she hadn't renewed her faith in being saved eventually - it hastened the effect.
What I'm hearing is that it was entirely avoidable, and only brought about through means that were contrived and nonsensical. SoD shouldn't even have been there to begin with, and had he not showed up, it's almost guaranteed she wouldn't be seeing what we see in this trailer. That said, it's still totally fair to say that had Blank Points not happened the way it did, Anti-Aqua would've been a more natural conclusion. However, the reality is, that wasn't the case, and hasn't been for years.

She is even more foolhardy when attacking Ansem SoD barehanded in the Realm of Darkness.
Excellent point, because she rushed in to fight Ansem without a Keyblade to protect Ansem the Wise. Admirable, but really, really reckless.
She really didn't have any options in terms of how she was supposed to defend AtW, and let's please not pretend like that's her fault (or some sort of "flaw" she has). Aqua arbitrarily got her Keyblade stripped away by the writers solely because they didn't want her to win that fight. There's a reason they never explained how she lost her Keyblade, and that's because whatever explanation they used would've likely been flimsy and utterly contrived. I mean, let's not forget that she literally just stood there and LET SoD shoot her into the abyss. The reality of the situation couldn't be more clear.

Calling Aqua "foolhardy" and "reckless" for fighting SoD till the bitter end when she was left crippled by forces completely out of her control, is demeaning and almost sounds like one thinks she's being incompetent, when in reality, she's merely acting within the extremely limited agency she has left.

D

Deleted member 252753

Calling Aqua "foolhardy" and "reckless" for fighting SoD till the bitter end when she was left crippled by forces completely out of her control, is demeaning and almost sounds like one thinks she's being incompetent, when in reality, she's merely acting within the extremely limited agency she has left.

I admit that 'foolhardy' was not the right word to use and that Aqua didn't really have a choice but to fight keybladeless or just submit. However, I recall she does say 'don't need it' when Ansem remarks she has no keyblade, with, IMHO, a kind of arrogance, masking a sense of desperation and fear.

Aqua choosing to fight Vanitas alone was not a wise decision, perhaps not befitting a Master (though I think Masters Eraqus and Xehanort make some bad choices too, to be fair).

But wanting to fight alone could stem from a lingering sense of abandonment she has from being when nobody came to rescue her from the realm of darkness, as Anti-Aqua described. I may be wrong but doesn't Aqua later suggest breaking through waves of Heartless on her own before Yen Sid saves them.

I actually think this self-sacrificial behaviour is not entirely new to KH3 either. In BBS, Aqua sacrificing herself to save Terra is in one way admirable but in another way, not a very good idea.

Aqua chooses to give Terra a chance of salvation, but she not only condemns herself to darkness, she allows Xehanort into the Realm of Light, without her or Ven, or Eraqus around to stop him and save Terra. She doesn't know Terranort will wake up with amnesia.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Aqua's character and think she is strong, but I don't think she has always been totally wise and rational up until the fight against Vanitas, and that her character progression is that unnatural

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don't think we should reduce Aqua's sacrifice in BBS versus her questionable decisions in KH3 to some odd sort of habitual behavior. We're assured from Birth by Sleep that Aqua is the most level-headed of our heroes. To critique her decision at the end of BBS seems off. It was completely reactionary, whereas post-rescue in KH3, she has more time to process, she's surrounded by people that care for her well-being, had a mentor she could have sought council from. Ven had been waiting forever, but she bum-rushed it like another hole to the Realm of Darkness was closing, even though Sora & Co. were knowledgable of Ventus's preservation; they could have reassured her to strategize accordingly. (My personal feelings are that most of this should have happened towards the beginning of the game, so that they could have taken more appropriate steps, characteristic of themselves, by the time we do rescue Ven in the middle or final acts, but I digress.)

Aqua's choices at the end of BBS were the best of a bad bunch. She's not the unconscious party. Why would she just stand and watch as her lifelong friend, whom she was able to confirm was present during her fight with Xehanort, slips through a cesspool of darkness? I think it was a safe bet on her part that her Keyblade Glider (which was capable of safely transporting her to and from many worlds) was going to provide a way out. Terra's escape to the realm of light means potentially bringing him back to health (especially in a fancy metropolis like Radiant Garden), and that is better than no chance in whatever was on the other side of ??? tainted quicksand, especially given that she saw him struggling to fight until the end of it all. She knows that Ven is hidden, effectively safe from any harm. In fact, these decisions seem to be handled with more razor wit befitting a Master than in KH3.

This is just one of several reasons why there seems to be some stifled / reversed development from my POV.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Well, I would agree that there is reversed development for Aqua but in my view that's not necessarily a sign of bad writing.

Aqua was left alone in the darkness for over a decade, culminating in her falling to darkness after being attacked quite brutally (for the series) by Ansem.

I don't see why she should necessarily come out as strong or stronger when she is finally brought back to the realm of light. When you undergo a long term traumatic event, the end of the event doesn't usually fix all your problems right away and you can become quite dysfunctional.

Even if Aqua made the best choice in BBS I think it's shown she is very willing to sacrifice herself to protect her friends. And this can be a great strength but it can be turned into a weakness, to the point where she shuns help from others.

The Anti-Aqua Demon Tide may look a bit funny but I think it shows how the experience has scarred Aqua. When she sees the Demon Tide in the KG, she realises she has not escaped the darkness. Hence the despair she feels at having no place to run.

I think Aqua's arc is good but does need some redemptive pay-off which I do hope we will get in ReMind.

BTW, of the trio I think Aqua comes off best for character development; Ven and Terra get basically nothing. Ven in particular doesn't really do anything except get saved.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
On the topic of Yozora and the red eyes in No Name, I don't think it necessarily means that Yozora and the MoM are one and the same. Maybe the MoM has the same ability as Yozora in terms of having two different colored eyes? Maybe the eyes help them visualize different Worldlines? Before the MoM knew about Worldlines, how did he come upon this knowlede?

darknessofheart

Awards
I've seen some comments that people feel that MoM and Xigbar would be too similar to Xehanort if they were another "the ends justify the means," but I would honestly love if Sora ends up standing with them, not against them, in the face of something much worse. We never do see where Sora's piece lands on the board. Yeah, could've been for a cool closing shot, but I would love for an extended scene to reveal Sora is helping to lead the seven dark pieces against something worse.

If the MoM truly went through the beginning stages of the war (which, based on the ruins and wastelands, seems to be the most violent and horrific event to take place in the series at this point) and was one of the only survivors, you would have to wonder what that would do to him mentally. His personality makes a lot more sense in my opinion with that in mind; his outlandish way of acting and humor is keeping things like the memories of the carnage and survivor's guilt and other feelings at bay as he works to end the war. If the world was meant to be destroyed by an unceasing war with no hope in the end unless he intervened, then his manipulations become much less evil and psychotic in nature. Xehanort was consumed by curiosity and a lust for knowledge with the intent to create a more balanced universe more of a justification. The MoM does not seem to care as much for that.

As for Luxu/Xigbar, if he knew all these events would help sustain the worlds and breed stronger warriors to stand against something else (my theory is the next evolution of the original darkness that MoM first fought against), his actions would make more sense. I would hate Luxu's character to be, "Well I took orders from my master just because he's my master." All the Foretellers did take on their roles, but under the belief that those roles were helping to sustain the world, not just for the sake of those roles and orders. Some even began to question their roles when it was apparent they did not help prevent the carnage. I would imagine Luxu to be similar and if he knew what his mission would help to accomplish, he becomes much more interesting. Once the new warriors are selected, he would retrieve the box containing hope for the future, call back his companions, and begin the next stages to actually recruit the chosen ones, two of which are Sora and Yozora.

What was the one thing that changed in the entire saga? The worlds all came back and were rebuilt, other characters were brought back, and things basically reset to before Xehanort unleashed his plans. The one thing that changed is new warriors were bred from all the chaos; they needed to in order to be prepared for what's next. If the MoM used Xehanort to bring out these warriors, while setting similar events up in different worldlines for those warriors, his actions really begin to make more sense than just some guy conducting an experiment. This would also really open up the universe more.

I also wonder if Xehanort was hijacked by darkness itself which was purged from him by Sora, thus allowing his more pure intentions to finally come back, but that's more of my headcanon and its own topic.

Long story short, I'm hoping the MoM and Xigbar are Sora's allies, not enemies, in the next saga. I think it will take some time for Sora to see them in that way, but will eventually realize what they are going up against.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Or they're vampires.

Or they're Uchihas.

Rather than diving more into her exhaustion, how about the fact that she let her ego interfere with her better judgement and forced Sora out of the battle when she didn't need to? That was completely out-of-character, especially since it was VEN (and the goal of waking him) that motivated her for the vast majority of her exile in the RoD. There's no realistic way she would risk that for something so petty. I get how feeling humiliated can suck, but she could've at the very least been allowed to deal with it gracefully and maturely. That's how an actual Master should be behaving. @Harmonie put it nicely some months back, but risking the well being of yourself and your friends just for the sake of proving your own strength is something Terra would do (which is precisely why he isn't a Master yet). And the fact that she still manages to lose in such an objectively stupid way (barrier and teleportation are literally her most signature moves), just seals how utterly embarrassing the whole thing was and is.

Aqua hasn't always shown to make the perfect decisions, but she's generally tried her best with the cards she's dealt. While you're right and usually she'd be more level-headed than that, maybe her being stuck in the Realm of Darkness plays a bigger role in this because if her strength isn't all quite there and is also quite possibly possibly suffering from PTSD, it's not that unbelievable that she may not be of the clearest mind at that particular point in time. She went right into rescuing Ven, and of course it was urgent, but she should've given herself time to recover. Not the most convincing, but ehh... I can see it.

I'm of the personal opinion that it should've been Sora to take on Vanitas, because Sora's kinda owed that after Monstropolis and he's fighting at full power at that point in time (with Donald and Goofy). I'm glad we did get to play as her, but her losing there shouldn't have happened. At least not in THAT way.

I do feel like how she was handled in KH3 could've been done better, but I think I can see why Nomura made the writing choices he did. I think there should've been more clear lasting effects due to her getting Anti'd like how she was in 0.2, and her even commenting on how she doesn't feel as strong as she usually is, but it's neither here nor there now.

What I'm hearing is that it was entirely avoidable, and only brought about through means that were contrived and nonsensical. SoD shouldn't even have been there to begin with, and had he not showed up, it's almost guaranteed she wouldn't be seeing what we see in this trailer. That said, it's still totally fair to say that had Blank Points not happened the way it did, Anti-Aqua would've been a more natural conclusion. However, the reality is, that wasn't the case, and hasn't been for years.

He went there looking for Ansem the Wise, because of presumably Subject X. Even if he shouldn't have been there, AtW was trapped there with Aqua, and he would've had to leave the Realm of Darkness eventually. Ansem SoD can traverse through darkness because he's a Heartless, and it makes sense that AtW was escorted out because the question before KH3 was, "Where is Ansem the Wise in all of this?" Now we know.

She really didn't have any options in terms of how she was supposed to defend AtW, and let's please not pretend like that's her fault (or some sort of "flaw" she has). Aqua arbitrarily got her Keyblade stripped away by the writers solely because they didn't want her to win that fight. There's a reason they never explained how she lost her Keyblade, and that's because whatever explanation they used would've likely been flimsy and utterly contrived. I mean, let's not forget that she literally just stood there and LET SoD shoot her into the abyss. The reality of the situation couldn't be more clear.

I never said it was her fault that she lost her Keyblade. I said it was an admirable but reckless move to fight without it, because it is. But I also never said she had other means to fight either, and that probably was the best course of action. Both can be true, though. We're talking about a being that nearly destroyed the universe all by his damn self PLUS that Guardian Heartless thing that he summons out of him... And Aqua's on his turf. Objectively it's not the best idea, but if it meant living to fight another day, then it's not on her. Plenty of people would've just given up.

They might've wanted her to lose that fight in order for Anti-Aqua to be a thing, but I could see them justifying it with how Aqua was in 0.2. In terms of her being unarmed though... Best thing I could come up with is regarding her Keyblade is when Destiny Islands went back to the Realm of Light, it took the Keyblade along with it (which is why Sora finds it there, on the beach). I completely understand why you dislike the very concept of Anti-Aqua, however.

ChazF

Ooooooohh, I can't WAIT for this to release! When I first heard Aerith's obvious new VA I was like "Who the fork are you?!" I think my favorite parts are definitely RAX ready to fight, explorable Scala ad Caelum, the Guardians vs the Replicas (especially seeing Xion smack the heck out of that one Replica into Ventus using Aerora[??] into Roxas using his 13 pillars of Light move that I can't remember if it's Event Horizon, Magic Hour or Spot Beam. There should be an official name for that.), and PLAYABLE KAIRI!!! But, will there also be a playable Lea? Possibly, if you go by what the trailer before this one looked like.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I admit that 'foolhardy' was not the right word to use and that Aqua didn't really have a choice but to fight keybladeless or just submit. However, I recall she does say 'don't need it' when Ansem remarks she has no keyblade, with, IMHO, a kind of arrogance, masking a sense of desperation and fear.
I actually don't disagree with that idea. Though to be more precise, I read that line as more of a bluff to buy herself time and not let SoD catch on to how vulnerable she was. Had he known from the beginning that she was incapable of so much as phasing him without her Keyblade (despite the arguable possiblity that she could've used her magic), the fight would've likely ended far quicker. Or so I would say, if SoD wasn't outmatched by a few regular teenagers and some dusk's the very next time we see him, lol. I'm still curious why the guy who threw people in cages didn't just kill HPO on sight, but it made for funny gag I guess.
Aqua choosing to fight Vanitas alone was not a wise decision, perhaps not befitting a Master (though I think Masters Eraqus and Xehanort make some bad choices too, to be fair).
True, true. Keyblade Master's don't exactly have the best track records when it comes to making stupid mistakes. Maybe I've been holding Aqua to too high a standard? I mean, I never thought of her as infallible, but not so incompetent that she'd fail at virtually every task set up for her. Ya know what I mean? It just felt like a lot of incredible potential pay off was squandered because of this sudden detour. I dunno. It's still a good point nonetheless.
But wanting to fight alone could stem from a lingering sense of abandonment she has from being when nobody came to rescue her from the realm of darkness, as Anti-Aqua described. I may be wrong but doesn't Aqua later suggest breaking through waves of Heartless on her own before Yen Sid saves them.
That scene you referred to was actually another one I had issues with. Aqua tells the group to form up, but then almost immediately says she's going to break formation to try and give the others a path. Which ultimately led to Lea and Kairi (the cannonically green/inexperienced Keyblade wielders) having to talk her out of such a silly idea.

Now, if I'm understanding this right, your saying that it's her trauma that's causing her to be so strictly self reliant and self sacrificial, right? That's honestly a very interesting connection that hadn't even considered. I'm not too well versed on the side affects of abandonment issues, but if that's true, it might just stitch all of Aqua's constant failures in the game into a single picture. Which is... Not perfect, but a definite improvement. If nothing else, it's not quite as broken as I first thought (still pretty broken though ).

Aqua hasn't always shown to make the perfect decisions, but she's generally tried her best with the cards she's dealt. While you're right and usually she'd be more level-headed than that, maybe her being stuck in the Realm of Darkness plays a bigger role in this because if her strength isn't all quite there and is also quite possibly possibly suffering from PTSD, it's not that unbelievable that she may not be of the clearest mind at that particular point in time. She went right into rescuing Ven, and of course it was urgent, but she should've given herself time to recover. Not the most convincing, but ehh... I can see it
It's definitely better than her just being incompetent for the sake of knocking her off her pedestal, which it still could be, but the idea that her trauma has caused her to become a slightly inferior version of herself is an interesting one. That said, it still sucks to see her regress so far. She was on track for some amazing growth at the end of 0.2 and Blank Points, but we ended up getting the opposite. Which is honestly still really disappointing.

He went there looking for Ansem the Wise, because of presumably Subject X. Even if he shouldn't have been there, AtW was trapped there with Aqua, and he would've had to leave the Realm of Darkness eventually. Ansem SoD can traverse through darkness because he's a Heartless, and it makes sense that AtW was escorted out because the question before KH3 was, "Where is Ansem the Wise in all of this?" Now we know.
Oh, I know WHY SoD went there, but it doesn't explain HOW he knew AtW was alive, how he'd know to search for him in the RoD, how he found them in the RoD (when Mickey and Riku state within the very same game that the RoD is constantly shifting, like a never ending maze), and how he did what he did to Aqua.

Narratively speaking, if they wanted AtW to play apart in the story, I'm not sure why he couldn't have done that after Aqua was rescued.

I never said it was her fault that she lost her Keyblade. I said it was an admirable but reckless move to fight without it, because it is. But I also never said she had other means to fight either, and that probably was the best course of action. Both can be true, though. We're talking about a being that nearly destroyed the universe all by his damn self PLUS that Guardian Heartless thing that he summons out of him... And Aqua's on his turf. Objectively it's not the best idea, but if it meant living to fight another day, then it's not on her. Plenty of people would've just given up.
My mistake, I didn't realize I'd made that assumption. Still, one has to ask: is it even possible to be reckless to a fault when you're given such little choice on how to act? Like, I get that it's a classic "right thing to do" vs "smart thing to do", but not acting in that moment would've made her come across as incredibly selfish, cowardly, and dishonorable.

They might've wanted her to lose that fight in order for Anti-Aqua to be a thing, but I could see them justifying it with how Aqua was in 0.2. In terms of her being unarmed though... Best thing I could come up with is regarding her Keyblade is when Destiny Islands went back to the Realm of Light, it took the Keyblade along with it (which is why Sora finds it there, on the beach). I completely understand why you dislike the very concept of Anti-Aqua, however.
Hey man, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there was zero benefit to be gained from the idea, but.... was it worth the cost, really? And then they didn't even properly flesh the idea out (at least at first), so it really came off like they constructed it at the last second for some makeshift drama and trailer bait. Now that may have not been the case, I don't know, but it hardly did much to justify it's inclusion in my eyes. I'm never going think little of anybody for simply liking the concept; it's just unfortunate that I seem among a minority in terms of disliking how poorly it was constructed. I just wish things could've gone differently 😔
*Edited for grammatical errors*

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
TAKE THAT HATERS. I cannot wait for all the critics' opinions to magically change after ReMIND drops.

redcrown

Awards
That is to say, "we're getting everything that should've been in KH3", is a very lofty claim to make considering how little information we actually have, and is based on the preconceived notion that Nomura and Co are properly listening to fans, regardless of how they may have went about it.

Is it really a lofty claim to make when it appears that they actually did implement fans wishes into the DLC? It's beyond optimism, it's reality. They easily could have not chosen to make visiting the RG gang and Kairi playable and just let Nomura only make the DLC about what he personally is interested in (the Union plot and MoM/Lux mysteries and worldlines). The fact that these weren't initially in the base game clearly spells out that they weren't particularly fervent wishes he was keen on having explored in the game. For it to be true ungrounded optimism would be to expect these features be in the DLC when the trailers didn't showcase them at all. I say this because, however you feel about all of this, credit should be due in this case of them actually listening and caring about their fans enough to take the time to develop and give their fans what they've been clamoring for since the game's release.

Any

Awards
I have a question. Is the real Vanitas still inside of Ventus? When he was defeated, the rest of him (mostly his heart) landed inside of their heartstation. While Ventus heart left the heartstation.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Is it really a lofty claim to make when it appears that they actually did implement fans wishes into the DLC? It's beyond optimism, it's reality. They easily could have not chosen to make visiting the RG gang and Kairi playable and just let Nomura only make the DLC about what he personally is interested in (the Union plot and MoM/Lux mysteries and worldlines). The fact that these weren't initially in the base game clearly spells out that they weren't particularly fervent wishes he was keen on having explored in the game. For it to be true ungrounded optimism would be to expect these features be in the DLC when the trailers didn't showcase them at all. I say this because, however you feel about all of this, credit should be due in this case of them actually listening and caring about their fans enough to take the time to develop and give their fans what they've been clamoring for since the game's release.

I think the point they are making is that even though these elements fans requested are present in the DLC, we don’t know the extent to which they’re implemented. For example, if the FF characters end up only in this one cutscene and don’t do anything of actual significance, then it will be fan service with no substance which isn’t enough for most people. After the original KH3 trailers teased certain ideas and plot lines and failed to deliver on many of them, it’s fair for people to be cautious.

This coming from someone who is incredibly excited for Re:Mind and I am absolutely grateful that they are listening to what fans what to some extent. It just remains to be seen how well this fan service will be done.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Judging by how the MoM tells Luxu that there's an ongoing Keyblade War, I don't think he's a sole survivor, but maybe someone that found out a way of escaping and may be devising a plan to change the war's tiding to his/his faction's favor. And I'm gonna draw two parallels here:

1.) The war between Heaven and Hell (Lucifer's Rebellion)

2.) Bahamut the Bladekeeper from FINAL FANTASY XV

There may be a possibility that Light and Darkness have always coexisted in terms of existing in their respective and divided realms. I think that the MoM may come from a Worldline where Light and Darkness don't ever cross, like different planes/realms, where Light is Heaven and Darkness is Hell. The war between these two factions could be a classic case of Darkness wanting to expand

The Bahamut parallel comes in the sense that Bahamut in FFXV devised a plan to free the planet of a scourge by giving his power to a long line of kings until it accumulated enough power and the chosen one became Noctis. It's my belief that it's possible that the MoM somehow found out that he could cross time and space and end up in a different locations, but instead of amassing a long line of kings, he is looking for the best warrior of every respective universe/worldline in order to create what a call the Worldline Rangers.

Back