• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series Character Files releasing February 20, 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Tomoco Kanemaki, the author of those amazing KH novels? Oh yes please! I want this so badly! You're killing my wallet Square! You're killing it!

Speaking of the novel I hope the KH3 novel can squeeze the stuff they are adding from ReMind in too. That would be super awesome if possible :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tomoco Kanemaki, the author of those amazing KH novels? Oh yes please! I want this so badly! You're killing my wallet Square! You're killing it!

Speaking of the novel I hope the KH3 novel can squeeze the stuff they are adding from ReMind in too. That would be super awesome if possible :D

I am hoping it is was in production early enough that she was told to include it 😭

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
They'd be fools not to localize this imo. I'd love an English version (as would many others). It would go great with my Zelda books and the Mega Man Official Complete Works copies I have.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The stories are canon. If the games do not contradict them otherwise, anything Kanemaki writes can be considered a form of canon information as Nomura provides her with supplemental information about the games to add into the novels and oversees their creation.

The novels thus far have been home for revealing that heartless and nobodies once both killed can be returned as a full human (KH2 novels), that Axel was coming back to life (KH2 novels), that Vanitas remembers the UX past unlike Ven (KH3 novels), and a ton of other information.
I've never read the novels but it seems I'm going to have to fix that lol!

Also, just to check, is the 'Xigbar Story' on the Square Enix E-Store's preview possibly what they mean by the short story? My Japanese isn't great so I can't be sure. If this is written by Kanemaki, does that perhaps mean multiple characters will have short stories on their pages? I can't imagine they'd offer one of their selling points on a free preview image.FREE_ITEM114.jpg

kristi-swat

Awards

Also, just to check, is the 'Xigbar Story' on the Square Enix E-Store's preview possibly what they mean by the short story? My Japanese isn't great so I can't be sure. If this is written by Kanemaki, does that perhaps mean multiple characters will have short stories on their pages? I can't imagine they'd offer one of their selling points on a free preview image.View attachment 12076
I would say this is part of the character files section

Any

Awards

Also, just to check, is the 'Xigbar Story' on the Square Enix E-Store's preview possibly what they mean by the short story? My Japanese isn't great so I can't be sure. If this is written by Kanemaki, does that perhaps mean multiple characters will have short stories on their pages? I can't imagine they'd offer one of their selling points on a free preview image.View attachment 12076

Did Luxu just implied that the black box....might not be black or a box anymore???

I think the text said something about a black goat sending the white goat to find “something” and asking about his volition. Is Luxu hinting that person...or whatever it is, to be Luxord? Or it could be just the JP nursery song.

Last edited:

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Did Luxu just implied that the black box....might not be black or a box anymore???

I think the text said something about a black goat sending the white goat to find “something” and asking about his volition. Is Luxu hinting that person...or whatever it is, to be Luxord? Or it could be just the JP nursery song.
Luxord would make sense and tie into Re Mind. The SE GameGuide twitter posted a high quality version of the preview page, if that is of interest to anyone https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELktnTsUEAApOB8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Bless @Lunesacree for being an absolutely wonderful person and translating the text. I laughed at Xigbar effectively calling Maleficent and Luxord stupid.

KH3 Character Files Preview - Xigbar's Story Translation
This is a story from long, long ago.
The people of the world lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. But eventually, a struggle broke out over the light, and as a result, everything was returned to nothing. However—

If you're asking how long ago this happened, it's a story from so long ago no one knows. Thinking about it right at this moment, it's probably a story from long, long ago. You're looking at me like you have no idea what I'm talking about, aren't you? Right, you don't have to understand right now. I wouldn't mind if you did understand, though.

You understand that judging a book by its cover is the height of stupidity, don't you? Maybe, it's possible that the way the Box looks is the same. Is the Black Box actually black? What kind of black? Was it ever actually black? Stupid people only look for the Black Box. That's why they don't know what kind of box the Black Box actually is, or what's inside.

"Suppose the black goat sends the white goat to find a letter that he hid of his own volition; with what purpose has he done so?"**
Only one person has ever asked me that. I think it's likely that that person was the type to have some doubt as to whether the box was actually black or not. Or, it could be that they "knew" something else. There's a big difference between "understanding" and "knowing".

Just who was that person—nah, that's just me talking to myself.

Now, let's get back to talking about the box. Why did that box disappear? The ancient age—right, the box that has been protected by Keyblade wielders ever since long, long ago, has gone away somewhere. Why am I looking for it, you ask? Well, it's a story where a lot happened. What exactly are you trying to ask?

Is it a story from when I had a different name? That's right, there was definitely a time when my name was different.

Luxu—it was that name. You're asking me if I forgot? There's no way I forgot. It's not something to forget, right?

There were six Foretellers. What are the Foretellers, you ask? Well, people who foretell—nah, actually they're the ones to whom the Book of Prophecies were entrusted. Those times were kind of fun. But this is a story from before those times ended. Even I had a training period. Don't look at me like you don't believe me.

Hey, if I told you this world is going to end, what would you do? Would you think there's nothing you can do, or would you think that you had to do something? Remember what I just told you about the Black Box. No one really understands what kind of black it is. And what is the end of the world in the first place? Will it be pure black, or pure white? No one understands what will actually happen. But, there was someone—a person who did know. That person gave the Foretellers missions along with the Book of Prophecies. Each mission was different. I have no idea what he was thinking when he gave me this mission. And I don't understand whether that was correct, either.

**As far as I can tell, this seems to be a reference to a Japanese children's song called "Yagisan Yuubin". It's a song that exists in an infinite loop where two characters, black and white goats, continually write letters to each other but then eat the letters without ever reading them.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well Xigbar's story lefts me pretty confused. So the black box might not be a black box like we thought? But didn't Luxu have it with him in the epilogue?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Dunno why Luxubar refers to himself as a Foreteller when he isn't one.

Well Xigbar's story lefts me pretty confused. So the black box might not be a black box like we thought? But didn't Luxu have it with him in the epilogue?

I think he's just rambling and talking smack about Maleficent and Pete's blind search for the box despite knowing absolutely nothing about it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Maybe he felt left out and included himself, or it's been so long he forgot he wasn't actually officially a Foreteller?

I think he's just rambling and talking smack about Maleficent and Pete's blind search for the box despite knowing absolutely nothing about it.
Well okay, that makes sense.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, that was my interpretation. Black and White in the metaphorical sense of its nature. The fact that it is a box; irrelevant.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I did some adaptation work on the translations (I do this occasionally for our translations on the site, but haven't in a while and I missed it) This isn't a 1 to 1 translation, but in true adaptation form, is reconfigured for clarity and to match the language of the series. Don't take this as gospel.

"This is a story from long, long ago...
People lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. But then, people began to fight over the light and darkness was born in their hearts. It covered everything and the world disappeared. But...

If you're asking me when this happened, I mean, it's an old legend so who knows? If you're asking me to come up with an answer this very second, all I can say was that it was a long, long time ago. You're looking at me like you're pretty lost. Whatever. You don't have to understand it right now. Can't say it wouldn't help, though.

You've heard that it's dumb to judge a book by its cover, right? Well, maybe we shouldn't judge a box by its color. I mean, is a "Black Box" actually black? What kind of black? Was it even a box? Only fools search for the unfindable, and that's why they don't know what the Black Box actually is or what's inside.

Here's another old story: A black goat sent a white goat a letter. The white goat ate the letter and realized he never read it, so the white goat sent a new letter to the black goat, asking what he wrote. The black goat ate the white goat's letter before he got the chance to read it, and so the story goes on and on without end.

But...

What if one day, the black goat sends the white goat off to find the letter which has now been hidden away. Now, why oh why would he hide it?

Only one person has ever asked me a question like that. I think that person understood not to judge a book by its cover. Unless he already knew something else, like its contents... After all, there's a big difference between "understanding" something and "knowing" it.

Is it possible that person was...ha! As if. I need to stop talking to myself.

Now. Back to the Black Box. Why did that box disappear? Since the Age of Fairy Tales the box that was to be protected by Keyblade wielders over the eons has vanished without a trace. Now, why am I looking for it? We're juggling a lot of stories, here. What exactly are you asking?

Did all this happen back when I had a different name? That's right. Way, way back then.

Luxu—that was my name. You're asking me if I'd forgotten my own name? As if. That's not something someone just forgets, right?

There were six Foretellers. Who are the Foretellers, you ask? Well, people who foretell, obviously. To be real, there were five of us who got copies of the Book of Prophecies. Man, those were the good ol' days. All this happened way back in my youth. Yes, even I had a training period. Don't look at me like that, I know it's hard to believe.

Question: if I told you the world was going to end, what would you do? Would you accept that as inevitable, or would you think that you had to do something to stop it?

Remember what I just told you about the Black Box. No one really understands what kind of "black" it is. And what is the end of the world in the first place? Will the end be pitch black, or pure white? No one understands what will actually happen. Well, actually, there was someone—a person who did know the truth. That person gave the Foretellers missions along with the Book of Prophecies. Each mission was different. I have no idea what he was thinking when he gave me this role.

And I don't understand whether it was the right thing, either. "

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Geez Maleficent just becomes more and more pathetic. How sad.

kristi-swat

Awards
"What if one day, the black goat sends the white goat off to find the letter which has now been hidden away. Now, why oh why would he hide it?" from what I gather, Xigbar in here is referring to MoM sending Maleficent to find the box
So maybe the black figure that is guiding maleficent in UX is MoM

Xagzan

Awards
We're juggling a lot in this story

Yeah no kidding Xiggy

Back