• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's up with Scala ad Caelum?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

legacier

Awards
It looks like Eraqus and Xehanort lived in Scala ad Caelum when they were younger, but in BBS Eraqus lives in the Land of Departure.

Xehanort says that the world was "Once a seat of power for all Keyblade wielders." Eraqus says something similar about the Land of Departure: "Generations of Keyblade Masters have been charged with keeping this land safe." Does that mean they're the same world?

Before entering Scala ad Caelum, Xehanort says, "Kingdom Hearts! I call upon your true form. Open now and show me the World to come." Should that be taken to mean that Scala ad Caelum is Kingdom Hearts?

By the way, I know that it's connected to Daybreak Town, but is there anything that might indicate exactly how they're related?

I know some of these questions might be unanswerable, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Well, the words Xehanort uses prior to Sora, Donald, and Goofy entering Scala, about "show me the world to come", that isn't connected. The "World to come" is the purge that he is trying to set Kingdom Hearts to doing, the reason we go to Scala I because we pass through Xehanort's Portal. The Scala we are in in the game is basically Xehanort's heart. I like to think of the final part of the fight (the floating circular area) as Xehanort's shattered and runic Station of Awakening. It's the same reason Riku ends up on Destiny Islands when diving into Dora's heart in DDD.

As for the rest, we can't be sure. They seem to be completely different worlds. But we don't know the circumstances surrounding why Eraqus and Xehanort ever had to leave Scala at all.

Back