• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

can we “please” stop comparing the other Kh girls to kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
This is not really a hot topic or popular one but i have noticed many fans building this comparison for long time when they compare the KH girls but don’t think it is silly how they compare a teenage girl that still learning how to wield the keyblade to a young adult Aqua a powerful experienced keyblade master? Both kairi and aqua have cool personalitys but kairi also has the sass thing going on with her which I like:) she is (since kh1) A good character all she needs is to become stronger which I’m hoping for her to get a game where she is important or at least playable, so really stop comparing kairi to the other kh girls cause they had a lot of screen time, you really shouldn’t look at Aqua feats then go back to kairi and start comparing, besides why even compare them? Kairi is strong in her own way just like how Aqua is strong and more experienced plus been training under a keyblade master for years, kairi in kh3 showed impressive feat keeping up with everyone despite being the least person to use a key blade isn’t that a good feat for her? She gives me a kh1 Sora power level and that’s decent for a beginner.

Last edited:

Wallflower3582

I mean, I don't necessarily think the comparison is meaning that her character should be exactly like them. If all the characters were just copies of each other… *ahem* …were written to fill the exact same role, they wouldn't be interesting. I think people compare to show that the other girls seem to be fleshed out more, given more focus, fulfill their roles better, and are generally better written. It's not that Kairi's bad. It's just that we've seen Nomura do so much more with the other characters.

Noivern

Awards
Kairi has always been that one character that never really had a function in the franchise besides being the love interest for the main character, and even then it could be argued that Riku fulfilled that role much better (regardless if you actually ship SoRiku or not, really.)

I love her and I'm glad she's getting fleshed out more, but as a character that has been present at the very beginning it's only natural that the fans have quite a lot of expectations for what role they wanted her to fulfill. Personally I think some people exagerate a lot and I think she's better written than most people give her credit to, my only real complaint being the whole deal at the Keyblade Graveyard like everyone else.

Foxycian

Awards
Kairi has always been that one character that never really had a function in the franchise besides being the love interest for the main character, and even then it could be argued that Riku fulfilled that role much better (regardless if you actually ship SoRiku or not, really.)

I love her and I'm glad she's getting fleshed out more, but as a character that has been present at the very beginning it's only natural that the fans have quite a lot of expectations for what role they wanted her to fulfill. Personally I think some people exagerate a lot and I think she's better written than most people give her credit to, my only real complaint being the whole deal at the Keyblade Graveyard like everyone else.
I used to ship Sora and kairi back in 2005 but after thinking for a while I started thinking Sora and riku can also be a thing:3 then after kh3D in 2012 I’m 100% positive that I ship Sora with riku xD but let’s be honest this is a game that has Disney in it so having a ship like that is just a dream that we won’t see come true:(.

Back