• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix announces brand new Kingdom Hearts mobile game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has announced a brand new Kingdom Hearts mobile title set to launch Spring 2020 for iOS, Android, and Amazon phones. The new mobile game is currently being referred to as Project Xehanort and will have a special campaign where you can guess what the name of the mobile title is.

Guess the Name Campaign! 

The Guess the Name Twitter Campaign is here! If you can guess what the name of the upcoming Project Xehanort title, you can win big!

To participate, simply:

• Follow our NEW Twitter account @ProjectXehanort
  • Add in a comment with your guess 
  • Make sure to include the hashtag #KHNameContest

The campaign will end on January 28th, 2020 at 6:59PM PT! 10 winners with the best guesses will win big!

Entry Rules:

• Entrants must possess a Twitter account following the official @ProjectXehanort Twitter account.
  • Entries must follow the instructions listed in the "How to Enter" section above. Entry tweets must not be a duplicate update or otherwise violate Twitter rules for posting.
  • Only one entry per Twitter account is allowed per day, and entrants may not submit entries through more than one account. Entrants submitting entries through multiple accounts will be ineligible.
  • Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate for public display. Entries which fall under any of the below categories will result in a disqualification:
    • Contains obscenity, vulgarity, discrimination, or any other offensive subject matter
    • Infringes upon copyright/intellectual property, personal credit, privacy, etc.
    • Counter to public order and/or morals
    • Judged to be grossly deviant from the established theme

We will contact winners through the @ProjectXehanort account once the campaign ends. If we are unable to get in contact with a selected winner by 48 hours of initial contact, we will automatically select another winner, so make sure you’re following the official KHUX Twitter account!

For full terms and conditions, please see the official rules.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
fucking knew it

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, Kingdom Hearts on mobile is clearly profitable enough for them to run another game simultaeneously with Union Cross.

This is still dissapointing news to me though.

Noivern

Awards
I feel like I'm going to piss myself at how cheap Squênix has become. Well, guess we might finally find out more about Scala now.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't help but feel disappointed. Union X is in dire need of a console remake; this is a step in the opposite direction.

Nevertheless, hard not to be stoked about a Xehanort prequel. Let's hope we actually get some proper cutscenes out of it.

AR829038

Awards
Damn it. Another mobile game? Really???
Can this at least mean that Union X is coming to an end? Please?
I was really, really praying the next game would be console. I would have even preferred going handheld again over this. I can't take another chibi-modeled pay-to-win cash cow. And more mobile games just mean more games that the vast majority of people won't bother playing (like with Union X), which means the next games are going to have to keep pulling double duty by catching normies up on what happens in them. And that'll only make people resent/ignore the series even more. I think these mobile games are only good for short-term profit, but really bad for the series in the long run.

GreyouTT

Awards
Will be interesting to see what it looks like. UX has gotten really stale, and it honestly feels like it's gonna end in the near future.

Hopefully events and story in this are handled like FateGO and less like Fire Emblem Heroes.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The excitement for Xehanort to the disappointment for mobile was real. Still, I'm glad they're doing it in some form. If it's gacha trash like UX though, man that would suck.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I highly doubt it’ll be the case, but it’d be nice if this is a game we pay for upfront rather than relying on gacha mechanics for a profit. I really want to see what a KH mobile game could be without having the story dragged down by greedy corporate practices. But I guess I should settle for hoping it’s not an attempt at a Kingdom Hearts AR game. Lol

That said, I’m absolutely excited to see more of Xehanort and Eraqus’ story told. I just hope it doesn’t take 5+ years to tell it.

Noivern

Awards
I never really considered the possibility of UX ending relatively soon while this game take it's place, but it definitely could happen.
Replace Daybreak Town for Scala Ad Caelum and the unions for different Keyblade Masters and we might be on to something here.

Eonstar890

Awards
It does seem like UX's story is reaching an end so I guess this makes sense, but it makes me wonder if that means the UX service will be ending too because that would be annoying for everyone who has spent so much time on that game..

But hopefully the gameplay for this will take a whole new direction! Excited to see who the other characters in this game will be + getting to see more Scala. Also I wonder if this means UX will have an ending that relates to the creation of Scala. Also also wasn't UX supposed to get a story update?? I've been dying to see what happens next!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
One of the characters in the background if the artwork is wearing a similar outfit to Aqua. Kinda cool to see a parallel for her like Terra has with Young Eraqus.

GreyouTT

Awards
It does seem like UX's story is reaching an end so I guess this makes sense, but it makes me wonder if that means the UX service will be ending too because that would be annoying for everyone who has spent so much time on that game..

But hopefully the gameplay for this will take a whole new direction! Excited to see who the other characters in this game will be + getting to see more Scala. Also I wonder if this means UX will have an ending that relates to the creation of Scala. Also also wasn't UX supposed to get a story update?? I've been dying to see what happens next!
Chi stayed online for a while after it ended, so I assume UX will stay up for a bit.

Noivern

Awards
Why are some disappointed that this is a mobile title? Mobile games can have good storytelling.
Oh, they definitely can. The actual issue is the pacing of the updates. But nothing confirms that this game is going to be like UX so we are definitely overreacting here.

blank points

Awards
While I am a tad disappointed myself that it is another mobile game, I am really excited to get a glimpse into Xehanort's background. I just REALLY hope that this game does not end up being as ridiculously P2W as UX ended up being. I'd like to actually be able to play this game and enjoy it.

Back