• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Brand new art exhibit to commemorate KH3 Re Mind's release coming to Shibuya

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

To commemorate the release of the brand new DLC Kingdom Hearts 3 Re Mind on PlayStation 4, the Connected Heart Exhibition will be coming to Shibuya Scramble Square in Japan from January 31st to February 2nd, 2020. This exhibit is based on the theme of "Seven Connections" that Sora and all of his friends gain during their journey throughout Kingdom Hearts 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3 Re Mind

The various art pieces are inspired by the repair technique, kintsugi, in which one reconnects broken or chipped porcelain with laquered dust or powdered gold.  

Alongside the Seven Connections, there will be artwork based on the theme of "bonds" and "reclaim the heart" that are designed with the final chapter of the Dark Seeker Saga in mind.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Project XehanortKingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am trying to work these under each image but it's gonna be a bit but here are the name of the seven main pieces:

Travel Bonds (SDG)
Bonds of Fate (SRK)
Bonds of Promise (TAV)
Twilight Bonds (RAX)
Front and Back Bond (uh...Repliku, Riku, and Namine)
Missing Bonds (Vanitas, Ven, and Sora)
Immutable Bonds (the gay bonds I live for)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This is honestly a great visual motif, I wish they had used it for KH3 instead of...literally everything else they did. Beginning with the cultureless, stylistically stale chess pieces.

Namine apparently looks perfect in black with silver hair. Shame she never got Norted.

Noivern

Awards
So they finally gave actual confirmation that the missing subject girl is part of a trio alongside Isa and Lea.

art7_pc.png

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
These are all wonderful although I'll admit I am a little confused about the composition of the central one. Lea, Terra, Xion and Naminé are all missing there while besides MDG Aqua, Ven and Riku are grouped together as well as Sora, Roxas and Kairi.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So they finally gave actual confirmation that the missing subject girl is part of a trio alongside Isa and Lea.

art7_pc.png
They did? She's not represented in the heart and the text doesn't appear to be about her?

Noivern

Awards
They did? She's not represented in the heart and the text doesn't appear to be about her?
I mean, we can't really represent someone that hasn't been properly revealed yet. But the fact that there's a open slot in their heart for a missing link is confirmation enough for me. Everyone else is in trios, too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean, we can't really represent someone that hasn't been properly revealed yet. But the fact that there's a open slot in their heart for a missing link is confirmation enough for me. Everyone else is in trios, too.

empty slot? Xehanort and Eraqus are in the bottom two slots.

Noivern

Awards
empty slot? Xehanort and Eraqus are in the bottom two slots.
Wait, that's what those shapes are supposed to be? I'd never be able to identify the black part as a person myself, although I did see a human shape on the white one. Huh.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The real question is why Lea and Isa is grouped together with YMX and YE.

The piece is called “Immutable Bond” and the text says something to the effect of:

Even if it changes shape
or blades are crossed
as a companion, as a rival
the time we accumulated
and believed in each other
It didn't divide us
connected by a will
an immutable bond

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd guess it's about their relationships mirroring each other. First friends, then (serious) enemies/opponents, then friends again.
After all, Eraqus was the only one to stand with Xehanort at the very end despite all the horrible things he has done throughout the series.
Unlike some misinterpretations from fans Xehanort wasn't actually forgiven by anyone else after the final battle and the way Eraqus reacted and treated him was necessary for Xehanort to finally give up the unhealthy ambitions which led to so much sorrow.
Otherwise he might just have tried to come back yet again and take another shot at trying to fulfill them.

AleMustDie

Awards
Well, the arts are recycled, but in the complex looks cool

Also, the new Artwork from Project Xehanort revels a third (atleast) apprentice, so,
someday we'll see the trio or whatever in a new Art

Aquamine-Amarine

I am trying to work these under each image but it's gonna be a bit but here are the name of the seven main pieces:

Travel Bonds (SDG)
Bonds of Fate (SRK)
Bonds of Promise (TAV)
Twilight Bonds (RAX)
Front and Back Bond (uh...Repliku, Riku, and Namine)
Missing Bonds (Vanitas, Ven, and Sora)
Immutable Bonds (the gay bonds I live for)

No one in KH is gay. The delusion in this fandom is sickening and toxic. Why can't men just be friends anymore? Why must you degenerates make everything sexual?

Any

Awards
No one in KH is gay. The delusion in this fandom is sickening and toxic. Why can't men just be friends anymore? Why must you degenerates make everything sexual?

No one in KH is straight. The delusion in this fandom is sickening and toxic. Why can’t men and women just be friends anymore? Why must you degenerates make everything sexual?

And jokes aside, none of the KH characters sexualities were confirmed. Their comment wasn’t hurting anyone either.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
The piece is called “Immutable Bond” and the text says something to the effect of:

Even if it changes shape
or blades are crossed
as a companion, as a rival
the time we accumulated
and believed in each other
It didn't divide us
connected by a will
an immutable bond

What about the rest?

I could say the same thing about people shipping heterosexual couples. Why can't guys and girls be friends? And it's so much easier. One guy, and one girl, just has to breathe in the same vicinity of one another, and it's "love". Riku and Naminé is the more recent example.

The sensible side of the fandom: confused, but figured out that it has something to do with Riku Replica's sacrifice. They were right.
The heteronormativity peeps: Omg he wants to bone her despite that throughout 8+ games Riku has never shown such an interest whatsoever. Dude had more of a bond with Xion, of all characters.

And Nomura had to come out in an interview and clear it up (though I blame him in the first place for setting it up the way he did). He was triggered enough that he ended with updating their expressions to be less happy in the DLC, lol. I forgot to mention that, that was funny.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nobody brought sex into anything, though. You were the one who did that. Attraction isn't just something that happens on a sexual level, but on an emotional and intimate level as well.

Why would my comment trigger you so much if you felt confident about the sexualities of these characters? My statement affects nobody, people shipping characters does not affect you at all, people believing or headcanon-ing a character is LGBTQ+ does not affect you at all.

Take your homophobia elsewhere because on this site with a 90% LGBTQ+ staff we are not going to tolerate it.

Back