• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix announces brand new Kingdom Hearts mobile game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Quick Question Is this the KH game that Nomura mentioned in Past interviews that started development after KH3 and meant to be the KH game set to be released before KHIV or was it one of the Two KH games that they're developing right now?

AleMustDie

Awards
What if is a Chess Game?
Enough of these Mobile Games.
Just make a Young Xehanort Game, like BBS, from the Past. With Eraqus their Master, and the other KB wielder from the Artwork.

Fortunately, Kingdom Hearts 4 and another Title exist. We just have to wait...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
What if is a Chess Game?
Enough of these Mobile Games.
Just make a Young Xehanort Game, like BBS, from the Past. With Eraqus their Master, and the other KB wielder from the Artwork.

Fortunately, Kingdom Hearts 4 and another Title exist. We just have to wait...

Make it a chess game between Eraqus and Young Xehanort. But when the pieces clash, it becomes a fighting game similar to Dissidia (PSP). You advance by beating your opponent, and thus a piece disappears when you’re victorious. Every chess piece is a character in the game. Control translations might be shit, but hey I can still dream...

Veevee

Awards
Funny, I still don't really have the feeling that something happened in Ux after ... four? years. I mean, sure, stuff happened, but everything's so vaguely-named, thinly paced and executed and has this glaringly weird gameplay-story disconnection that I really can't get hyped to get another one of these. I mean, sure, the new one doesn't have to be like Ux, but that's not the point - it's not that I dislike Ux as a game, I dislike the absolutely crappy way they handled it (and, as an active player, still do) and would've wished for something different than some "exciting", absolutely nutty "twist" every half a year or so. I'm sorry to sound so negative - this is what years of Ux does to you.

GreyouTT

Awards
Funny, I still don't really have the feeling that something happened in Ux after ... four? years. I mean, sure, stuff happened, but everything's so vaguely-named, thinly paced and executed and has this glaringly weird gameplay-story disconnection that I really can't get hyped to get another one of these. I mean, sure, the new one doesn't have to be like Ux, but that's not the point - it's not that I dislike Ux as a game, I dislike the absolutely crappy way they handled it (and, as an active player, still do) and would've wished for something different than some "exciting", absolutely nutty "twist" every half a year or so. I'm sorry to sound so negative - this is what years of Ux does to you.
It's the same problem Fire Emblem Heroes has. The story is really barebones and drip feeds it to you while putting filler all around it. Albeit, this is a lot more bloated.

Need I remind you that in the first 600 or so missions, Agrabah was THIS:

Now when I say filler, I mean actual honest to god side quest filler. Not even world plots (some of which are actually pretty good), just Filler.

yuyayuzu

Awards
as long as the game is really an action game not forceful needpaytowingame it is okay, there are mobile games like that already though just a few

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Another boring mobile game, it seems.

Xehanort, the main villain of the franchise so far, should have his story told on a proper game.
I'm not disappointed because I think it's time to move on, but due to his importance to the lore I don't think this is the right move. If anything, it would make way more sense to get a Xehanort Episode DLC for KH3...

As for the title I guess something like "No Heart X"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another one I'll just watch the cutscenes or summaries here or on Youtube. I don't have time I can waste on mobile games.

Seriously Nomura, remember how you justified the whole .5 remasters in order to bring the scattered story threads back together? Now you're doing it again with new story developments.

drew0512

Awards
A Xehanort game is hype and it was needed, but the fact that it's a mobile game is a bummer. Hopefully it's something like Coded or FF: TAY instead of UX, but we will see.

CutiePique

Awards
I'm hoping they'll at least let us play as Xehanort and not a player avatar. I love Player in UX but I don't think another one will work here.
Tbh, I would want to play as Xehanort in game about baby Xehanort. My problem with that is that if the intent is drawing Ux's playerbase into this new game, letting Ux die off, and leaving us with no Player-avatar-based KH game... I'm going to be disappointed; Player's the biggest reason I've put up with Ux for so long. It's not even like I was really thirsty for a KH game where I'm playing as me back in de day; evidently SE opened a pandora's box with x. @.@
If the series moves on from various named characters because their arcs are done and we never play as them again, I'll understand, but I'll likely take it personally if my Player character and Spirit get that treatment, yanno? Cutie and Redi aren't going down like chumps :<

Playing as Xehanort = o.o)b
at the cost of losing Player = >.<)p

Boreale

I'm not gonna rage that it's on Mobile, that's how it is. There's nothing I can do about it.

I'm just glad we're getting a game about Xehanort's past, it could be interesting. I see four blurred characters (there's definitely at least two girls, maybe even a third one in the back but it's hard to tell) alongside Xehanort and Eraqus and I'm really curious to see who they are. Is Disney gonna be a d*ck about Yensid though? I want to see him in his younger days as well, come on. Also, what if one of the girls was... Kairi's grandma?! I've ALWAYS wanted to see her in her fresh days as well. Damn, so many questions, but definitely excited about this project!

cakito123

Awards
i dunno, I like the idea of making a game centered around new characters in Scala ad Caelum, but I'm not too fond on the idea of flashbacking Xehanort's life entirely and focusing on him. It would be cool a game about him before KH3, but now that I've seen this man diying and going to KH, it seems a really underwhelming idea right now. I just hope Xehanort isn't the protagonist in the game, erh...
Also, if they could just revamp the gameplay from Union X, maybe I would think about playing it or givinig it a chance. Unless the battling system is different, I'm against playing this and will just watch the important cutscenes in youtube .-.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm hoping they'll at least let us play as Xehanort and not a player avatar. I love Player in UX but I don't think another one will work here.

Yeah, same. And like honestly? Let us play dress up with Xehanort, Eraqus and their merry band of apprentice friends. It is what other mobile games let us do. And heck, go a step further and if they implement some sort of collection system in and it is characters, give them new outfits. It’s so easy to give us variety without it having to require a player character.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nomura wanted a game delving into Xehanort's past and now it's on its way soon, and hey, I wanted to know about it, so that's groovy, but...mobile....

I mean, there are advantages to having it as a mobile game? Such as, uh, shorter production time I guess, and doing the story in bits means we have something going on in the meantime while waiting for a proper console title...?
I don't know how I'd handle it if this game is all cutesy-lookin' like the Chi games. :LOL:

legacier

Awards
I'm going to be optimistic and say this has the potential to be a good thing. Mobile games are not ideal, but as others have mentioned, a mobile game's production is not as demanding as a proper game, so it doesn't necessarily have to detract from any bigger projects (which may not be forthcoming anyway as Nomura is focused on FF7R and likely will be for the foreseeable future).

Regarding Xehanort's past, the only real alternative to a mobile game would be no game. In terms of storytelling, at least it's something most of us actually wanted and, unlike Union χ, the idea behind it relates closely to the main story and has apparently already been thought out for some time.

Of course, we have no information to go for the time being, so nothing can be said for sure. I do hope this means the end of Union χ, though. As MX said, "just let it end, boy."

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Quick Question, Is "Project Xehanort" the KH game that Nomura mentioned in Past interviews that started development after KH3 and meant to be the KH game set to be released before KHIV or was it one of the Two KH games that they're developing right now?

Back