• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which FF was the more difficult? FF8 or FF10?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is more difficult: FF8 or FF10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

starvinmarvin

While I don't think either game was overly difficult, I would like to have an objective comparison on it's difficulty (especially for someone who is going to be introduced to RPG's and FF's).

IYO:
  • WhIch battle system is easier and more crucial to do correctly, Junction or Sphere Grid?
  • Which game has the harder bosses and enemies both in story and after?
  • Which game has the harder completion list (final weapons, items, magic, summons, etc..)?
  • Which game takes more work to get your characters broken?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
8's the only mainline singleplayer entry I haven't beaten, so....

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Definitely VIII, largely because of the battle system. I've never beaten the final dungeon and boss--once I get to that point, the HP numbers are so high on the enemies, I don't even try. It would take hours and hours and hours. Whereas with FFX, I think there was only a secret boss I could never beat. I think it was the one inside that offshoot of the caves of Mt. Gagazet (I forget the name). The battle system makes XIII pretty impossible for me, too. IX, X-2, XII, and XV are overall fair. Although I don't think I ever beat Ozma in IX.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
FFVIII Isnt really difficult as much as it's cheap. While I love the story and world of that game, I'd never play through it myself without the cheats from the most recent pc versions because the game goes out of it's way to feature difficult, pointless systems.

I never really played X (Nor do I want to), but considering it's one of the most popular mainstream titles and a well know starting point for FF fans it's probably among the easiest games.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I haven't played either in ages (15+ years). VIII's draw system got me through it without too much trouble. I guess I would say X, just based on my memories of having to face Yunalesca (and the preceding cutscene) an innumerable amount of times. That being said, I did play/beat VIII directly after X.

2 quid is good

Awards
Well any game played at an optimal is rather easy to play, I'd definitely put FF8 above FF10, the junctioning and drawing is something I never had the patience to learn and I somehow brute-forced my way to the final dungeon but have never been able to get further than that. It's really unintuitive. The sphere grid is way better.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I never finished FFX because I got nearly got stuck in one of the earliest bosses. The one with Tidus and Rikku and you're underwater fighting this octopus/squid thing that goes out of range. That was where I stopped many years ago when I was a kid, because I thought it would play like Pokemon (Oh to be young again) I actually have played and beaten FFVIII. Got nearly every card, beat Omega Weapon, learned the junction system and everything. That said I needed a entire walkthrough to do it. Ever heard of a youtuber named HCBailly? I owe my entire FFVIII run thanks to him because I could never figure out how to abuse the system without a guide. FFVIII is easy if you know what to do but if you play it like any normal JRPG it's hard! I pick that one.

Back