• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Classic elements you miss that were not in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the biggest thing that I missed in KH3 were actual Disney boss fights. Having Hades, Clayton, The Queen of Hearts (to some extent), Jafar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, and Maleficent as boss fights in KH1 was just magical. Sure the Disney boss fights weren't as great in KH2, but I appreciated them being there. It felt like an injustice having such beautiful and expansive Disney worlds that stayed true to their films, but barely any Disney villain fights.

Another would be finding the pages for Pooh's book and having the story advance. I know it would be really redundant to have to find the pages again, but maybe they could have done something where Sora has to rebuild his connection with Pooh as he regains the Power of Waking, so as you progress throughout the game another chapter unlocks in the 100 Acre Wood rather than just one quick visit.

Final Fantasy cameos that aren't the Radiant Garden bunch. I was more excited to see Auron and YRP in KH2 than Leon and the gang. I was SO sure that Lightning would make an appearance in KH3. I would have also loved some Balthier and Fran.

Lastly, I miss having a coliseum location. Not that I feel it's necessary, but it was a nice addition of things to do post-game. It also allowed you to have fights with people like Leon and Yuffie. I can imagine KH3's own having fights with Riku/Mickey/Terra/Ven/Aqua/Roxas especially post-game. Maybe even Cloud.

Awards
World revisits that enlarge each time you return... Traverse Town in KH1 and Radiant Garden in KH2.

Finding the 101 dalmatians and trinity limits across the worlds. I loved the collect-athon elements in KH1. Unfortunately, the puzzle pieces and stickers in the final mixes of KH2 and BBS respectively didn't quite have the same appeal for me.

Basic platforming level design instead of super powers.

Sora's more expressionistic personality and animations from KH2-DDD. His cutscene animations in KH3 were too static and his personality too optimistic. He used to feel like he actually moved like a teenager and expressed a range of emotions.

2 quid is good

Awards
Checkmarks that disappear when you touch them and a free cursor world map.

Strong original worlds (give us at least one...)

Needless to say, FF characters in all their shapes and forms

Limits/team attacks being an option from the command menu

drew0512

Awards
Aren't we supposed to mention things that are present in both 1 and 2? Some answers are confusing.

Anyway, months ago I would have said FF characters but now I have to say Pooh pages (although it would have been ridiculous story-wise) and tournaments, battlegates are just there

okhi12

Awards
There's not much I can say that hasn't been mentioned before. I can't believe how much I miss enemy dropped weapons for D&G.

ReMind should have added enemy recolors to the main game like the final mixes did, and at least a new keyblade. The other games had new keyblades added, this time we only got oathkeeper and oblivion in the free update which are cool but nothing new and ReMind didn't include one as part of the DLC. So much wasted potential for a new keyblade based on the secret boss.
I also miss interacting with items like the boxes and barrels in KH1. It was a very simple and silly mechanic but I enjoyed it.

Something very minor but I miss the look of munny prizes and dropped materials in KH1. Collecting those big munny orbs after defeating Large Bodies, Defenders and other heartless felt rewarding. Munny after KH2 doesn't feel the same.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The MP system from KH1.

Dude, that MP system was broken. LOL imagine just how much you could cheese KH3RM's Limit Cut if you had that feature.

Aerogas? I got you fam.
Firagas? Not a problem.
Curaga? I get a cure, you get a cure, everyone gets a cure!

They had to change that up for a reason. 😂

WastedPenguin

Awards
- Classic Olympus tournaments rather than battle portals
- An explorable and expanded version of Destiny Islands in the world map (KH1 is still the only game in the series that lets us explore it in the campaign).
- Collectibles like the puzzle pieces from 2FM rather than just cooking ingredients
- A new and fully explorable original world

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
KH3's battle system was already way too crowded, so I wouldn't exactly want these things to just be arbitrarily injected into that system or anything. But generally speaking, some elements I miss from older installments include:
  • Tech Points I thought were a pretty clever way to add depth to KH1's simple system (rewarding the player with bonus experience when they figured out the patterns and weaknesses of each boss)
  • Trinities were incredibly charming, and a nice way to hide some additional collectibles (while also making sure the player couldn't aquire them too soon)
  • Parrying from 0.2 always fascinated me, since it provided a nice alternative to the typical blocking and dodging (not sure if this is actually in the KH3 system though)
  • Abilities like Renewal Barrier & Firewheel/roll (loved how they gave more utility to your defensive skills)
  • Coliseum/Mirage Arena battles are sorely missed (their structure and atmosphere was always a highlight of certain games for me, and I was never fond of the new Battle Gates)
  • Limit Breaks were a pretty handy risk-reward system, and being able to customize them could really add a lot of depth to the gameplay (though I think they would ideally stay with RAX)
  • Dream Eaters, or more specifically the ability to control monsters and have them by your side was a pretty refreshing addition to the series (but the system definitely could've used more polishing)
  • Command Styles (they were cool in BBS, but 0.2 was probably the most ideal example of how they could be integrated, provided we'd have access to more than one of course)
  • Combat Arts from Re: Coded were probably my favorite element of the game next to the Stat Matrix (being able to change your combos and fighting style depending which Keyblade you had equipped was honestly really fun)
*Edited for Grammatical Errors*

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
- Trinity Marks. Fun ways to interact with the world and show more of the friendship between the main trio, which feels more needed than ever now that Donald and Goofy keep getting more irrelevant by each new game.
- Worlds being divided into two parts. With how big KH3 worlds were, having to go through them in one go felt so overwhelming and I think this would've been a nice way to fix this for long gameplay sessions.
- Less freeflow, more plataforming. Freeflow completely ruined the fun of getting stronger throughout the game and acquiring new abilities to cover more ground and replay the earlier worlds for stuff. I really miss that final rerun through all worlds in KH1 after we obtain Glide and feeling like we fully unlocked everything.
- Unique secret bosses hidden in the Disney Worlds. KH1 had the Phantom and Kurtz, KH2 had the CoM Org members. I think what 2 had was better in that they weren't superbosses but were still avaiable pretty early on and gave us a unique sense of progress throughout the game, as well as a hint of what's to come later with the Data fights. And really, with how big the worlds are in 3, it's pretty disappointing that they didn't bother to fill them with post-game content.
- Some sort of Coliseum sistem that allowed us to fight friendly-npcs just for funsies. Let us fight against the Guardians of Light.
- Disney bosses.
- More actual collectibles like the crowns from 2. I feel like that was one of the biggest wasted opportunities for Re:Mind since it could have offered a fresh coat of paint to the older worlds.
- Recolors for all regular enemies and bosses on Re:Mind. Those were just too cool.

- This is not really on the same level as the others since it's not really a returning feature, but I would have liked to see Dream Eaters return but as a pet system instead of full fledged party members. I really liked some of the designs but I despise having those things fighting for me and having to level them up like Pokémon, but having them in a smaller scale as just another extra could've been really cool. I think just having them be in the pause menu and being avaiable on photo mode and data greeting, as well as posing for selfies with Sora could've been a nice inclusion for the spirits.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Oh, goodness. Where to begin!
Most of you have already answered things I would and some brought up things I'd forgotten were so good about KH 1!
But yeah, Disney boss fights were amazing.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Dude, that MP system was broken. LOL imagine just how much you could cheese KH3RM's Limit Cut if you had that feature.

Aerogas? I got you fam.
Firagas? Not a problem.
Curaga? I get a cure, you get a cure, everyone gets a cure!

They had to change that up for a reason. 😂
I'll have to disagree there; KH1 is more difficult than most other games in the series, imo. The gameplay built itself around your ability to cure often. The standard enemies were stronger, more likely to damage you, and the damage taken was higher. Even with the ability to cure often and having something like Aero which can minimize damage at your disposal, basic gameplay feels more dangerous in KH1 than it does in 2 or 3 outside of 2's Cavern of Remembrance.

Most of the things I miss have already been mentioned. The coliseum, trinities, tech points, the MP system, Disney Villain bosses, etc. The usual.

Last edited:
Back