• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
No. I slightly agree Aqua was kind of a hypocrite sometimes, but she is not nearly as bad.

PikaPal

Awards
Voice acting goes a long way, and I think I would like Aqua a whole lot more if Willa Holland put a little more emotion in her delivery
Both her and Jason Dohring were honestly kinda given some wonky voice direction (as far as BBS is concerned, they sound a bit better in 0.2 and 3 though honestly it sounds like they sort of phoned in Terra for the DLC). They’d be good at other times but others Aqua seemed to only show one emotion in her delivery and Terra was pretty stilted, it’s incredibly noticeable if any of them are sharing a scene with Ventus or someone else.

“Ven, you hopeless sleepyhead!”

Foxycian

Awards
Voice acting goes a long way, and I think I would like Aqua a whole lot more if Willa Holland put a little more emotion in her delivery
I actually didn’t mind Willa Holland voice acting as Aqua in birth by sleep, it wasn’t the greatest but I enjoyed it, however in 2.0 and kh3 is where I didn’t like her voice as much I felt like she wasn’t trying anymore.

Last edited:

Light and dark

You make a valid point i honestly agree she is not perfect and sometimes a hypocrite and maybe overrated as a character too but I still like her but I also know being a female is what gave her huge popularity, I think if she was a guy then she will be less popular then the boys but overall I found Terra to be the more interesting in KHbirth by sleep then both Ventus and Aqua. I also can’t deal with her fans they are a unreasonable bunch they get angry quickly and try to defend her 🤦‍ talking with them is pointless they just don’t want to admit she failed as much or even more! then terra. tho to be honest I won’t say she is my least favorite character I love Aqua soo much just cause I’m not bias and can rant about her doesn’t mean I hate her she would still place in my top 10 favorite list and cause I also love Willa Holland Voice acting she sounds soo gentle.

disney233

Awards
I give Terra a lot of flack for being so oblivious to the meaning of bad guy and all, and personally even I can agree that Aqua...somewhat grew after her experience in the Realm of Darkness..but swear to GOD she's a hypocrite.
Capture 2.PNG
Need I say more? Cause I'd honestly LOVE to know how she was able to when the ONLY proof she got was taking word from Maleficent of all people.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Both her and Jason Dohring were honestly kinda given some wonky voice direction (as far as BBS is concerned, they sound a bit better in 0.2 and 3 though honestly it sounds like they sort of phoned in Terra for the DLC). They’d be good at other times but others Aqua seemed to only show one emotion in her delivery and Terra was pretty stilted, it’s incredibly noticeable if any of them are sharing a scene with Ventus or someone else.

“Ven, you hopeless sleepyhead!”
Aqua always sounds like she just got out of bed.

I give Terra a lot of flack for being so oblivious to the meaning of bad guy and all, and personally even I can agree that Aqua...somewhat grew after her experience in the Realm of Darkness..but swear to GOD she's a hypocrite.
View attachment 12270
Need I say more? Cause I'd honestly LOVE to know how she was able to when the ONLY proof she got was taking word from Maleficent of all people.
I still don't get this line. All I can guess is Terra originally was going to do some morally questionable things that were cut out in the final version, and they didn't rewrite stuff to fit the changes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aqua always sounds like she just got out of bed.

I still don't get this line. All I can guess is Terra originally was going to do some morally questionable things that were cut out in the final version, and they didn't rewrite stuff to fit the changes.

Yeah, I think that is likely to be the case, since we had seen this clip in a very early trailer (too lazy to find trailer, have screenshots):

Screenshot01.jpg

Screenshot01.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah, I think that is likely to be the case, since we had seen this clip in a very early trailer (too lazy to find trailer, have screenshots):

Screenshot01.jpg

Screenshot01.jpg
Ah, how could I forget the shot of evil Terra? A lot of what happened in BBS would have made more sense if he was kept like this.

Here's the trailer (the cleaned-up version 13th Vessel did last year):

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Screenshot01.jpg

Screenshot01.jpg
Suddenly I want that version of Terra's story in BBS. I can only imagine how much would have changed had Terra become a true Anti Hero

disney233

Awards

Screenshot01.jpg

Screenshot01.jpg
See, if they didn't cut it out, things would've made more sense, here. Aqua actually has a reason to have some distrust over Terra because he's ACTUALLY under the influence of Maleficent, and not this...mind-control bs that she DID NOT see.

Snowflake:3

Awards
I absolutely hate haTE HATE!!! Her Fanbase, I don’t hate Aqua I never had any attachment to characters associate with only magic so I have no ill thoughts of her whatsoever but she annoyed me sometimes with “I know best” attitude, her fanbase on the other hand are just bias and soo annoying...they wont ever admit that Aqua screwed big time but instead they just blame the other two for all that shit that happened, sheesh.... ANYWAY My favorite character is Terra for three reasons

One! I love playing as tanks I always play as warrior tank type of job in mmo games I just love strong warrior characters like Cloud Lightning zack fair and many More

Two! His the man of my dreams 😍 Look at that body

Three! Dat booty is an A++
F2937325-C3DC-4F74-BF2E-666E094AA60D.jpeg

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I liked Aqua in BbS the most because she wasn't slow like Terra (I don't like using slow characters) and Ventus looked like imitation Roxas (who I love), so by default when I was first introduced to the 3 new characters, I immediately gravitated towards Aqua. I definitely don't think Aqua is perfect and I like that she made mistakes and has flaws. I think that makes her one of the best characters in the series. Maybe it's the way the story is told, but it was actually heartbreaking to see Aqua sacrifice herself to save Terra at the end of BbS -- only for her to think she was doing her friend a favour and for us to know what that would bring upon the worlds.

Also, I don't blame Willa Holland for her performance as Aqua, she's just doing what the director tells her to do. Clearly they wanted Aqua to sound calm and serious, but I guess it just comes across as "sleepy"? I don't mind it, I mean in BbS it was very noticeable, but she has improved as the games went along.

I find it weird that Aqua is your least favourite character, but there are so many things that you like about her. But I suppose that's what "least favourite" means, you just like everyone else more. I don't even think I can come up with my least favourite KH character, if not for some lame reason like they weren't used a lot (like Aeleus).

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Screenshot01.jpg

Screenshot01.jpg
Oooh! This looks interesting. I would have liked to have seen what they could have done with Terra here. I feel like they might have originally wanted us to play as a anti-heroish character hence why we get to beat up Peter Pan a bit and Terra stealing Aurora's heart. Honestly if he had teamed up with all the Disney Villains by choice and used them the same way they used him, maybe people wouldn't give Terra such a hard time for being "naive" and "dumb" What could have been. Oh well.

OneDandelion

Awards
I thought she was an alright character during BBS but I fell in love with her during fragmentary passage. Then she dropped off a cliff during KH3. Her character is simply poorly written. She's as noble a character as Sora within the series but it feels like all of the obstacles she ends up facing as well as her responses to them don't actually fit her character and it's just cringey to watch.

During fragmentary passage it's made clear that she's a character with immense inner strength which allowed her to resist the darkness for a long time. Unfortunately this trait doesn't manifest itself in any way outside of the realm of darkness and it's even somewhat undermined when she tries to show off and fight vanitas herself.

Instead of being depicted as someone who is patient and wise (traits I imagine to be associated with inner strength though admittedly this is somewhat subjective), she comes off as someone who is somewhat rash and shallow as her only motivation to do anything seems to be protecting Ven and rescueing Terra. She's never in a position to be giving help or advice to anyone and she should be because she was the only one that Master Eraqus named a Master in BBS. She should be carrying Eraqus' legacy forward but unfortunately it simply doesn't seem like that would or could ever happen at this point - it doesn't seem that Aqua has anything particularly special to offer anyone.

And I'm not saying that Aquas characteristic 'inner strength' needs to manifest itself in an obvious way either. She shouldn't replace Yen Sid as the overtly knowledgable, patient, and wise character for example, but I feel at a minimum she should be fulfilling a similar role to Mickey - capable of offering unorthodox advice and calling for restraint when its necessary.

But it should also be noted that this sort of thing isn't limited to Aqua either. I'm being harsh to her here but it's not like she's any better or worse written than any other character. Unforutnately KH has descended completely into shounen manga territory with its story telling where all of the side characters pretty much get dropped so that the main character gets as much screen time and heroic moments as possible.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think people got caught up on the fact that she was a playable female character with a prestigious title and ignored the shoddy characterization. Xion was controversial, Namine was dropped, and Kairi....well you know.

They clearly know how to write female character that are empowered but can be vulnerable(Xion) but for some reason Aqua became so bland. Obviously there's some semblance of a personality, but I think the game tries to convey the message that she's a stuffy by the book person and it translates poorly. On a positive note, Aqua my favorite to play as in BBS.

Back