• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3: The Novel, Vol. 2: New Seven Hearts cover revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The cover art for Kingdom Hearts III: The Novel, Vol. 2: New Seven Hearts by Tomoco Kanemaki and published by Yen Press has been revealed!

Written by series novelist and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days scenario writer Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by manga artist Shiro Amano, the Kingdom Hearts 3 novel series expands on the lore that was presented in the 2019 game. With details on Sora's thoughts and feelings as he travels between worlds in order to gain the Power of Waking, Riku and Mickey's own journey through the Realm of Darkness to find Aqua, and added story elements that further connect to the overall lore being developed in Kingdom Hearts Unionχ [Cross], this novel is sure to be a great read for any Kingdom Hearts fan.

KINGDOM HEARTS III: The Novel, Vol. 2: New Seven Hearts
Page Count: 162
Price: $14 USD
Release Date: July 21st, 2020

As Sora's quest for the power of waking continues, his heart leads him and his pals all kinds of worlds: to the magical kingdom of Corona, the frightening factory of Monstropolis, the familiar faces of Hundred Acre Wood, and the frozen mountains of Arendelle. What kinds of new friends await him there?

AAA Anime | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Books-A-Million | Indigo | Indiebound | RightStuf

Remember to order a copy of the latest release in the Kingdom Hearts novel series, KINGDOM HEARTS III: The Novel, Vol. 1: Re:Start!! Also, don't forget to pick up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: The NovelChain of Memories: The NovelKingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & Volume 2, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The NovelKingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: The NovelKingdom Hearts Re:coded: The NovelKingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]: The NovelKingdom Hearts X: Your Keyblade, Your Storyand the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I usually don't talk about layouts because it's never really been important, but I must say that Yen Press' layout of vol 2 in infinitely better than the original Japanese release's layout

Novel%20V2.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The first novel was a lot better than previous novels, imo, because it was able to dedicate time to telling Disney world stories in a more fleshed out fashion, whereas previous novels would either omit worlds or get through the story in like 10 pages (I guess 30 for BbS since it follows three protagonists).

I’m excited for this novel because of how good the first one was. I can’t wait to read Rapunzel’s story.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The first novel was a lot better than previous novels, imo, because it was able to dedicate time to telling Disney world stories in a more fleshed out fashion, whereas previous novels would either omit worlds or get through the story in like 10 pages (I guess 30 for BbS since it follows three protagonists).

I’m excited for this novel because of how good the first one was. I can’t wait to read Rapunzel’s story.
Oooh! If the Disney worlds are as fleshed out as you say then these will be quite the read. I can't wait to get a copy of this!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oooh! If the Disney worlds are as fleshed out as you say then these will be quite the read. I can't wait to get a copy of this!
I just found it nice. The first novel was able to spend a lot of time within the Disney world, and it felt like a grand adaptation of the world from the game.

I’ve felt, in previous novels, the details and actions were a bit glossed over and it felt detrimental to how the world’s story was actually told in-game. Re:coded was the absolute worst in this respect, by the time it got around to Castle Oblivion I’m pretty sure there was just one line for each world revisit lol (which I guess is fair for Re:coded).

So I really enjoyed Re:start!!! for gifting the time to not try and skip quickly through the worlds.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just found it nice. The first novel was able to spend a lot of time within the Disney world, and it felt like a grand adaptation of the world from the game.

I’ve felt, in previous novels, the details and actions were a bit glossed over and it felt detrimental to how the world’s story was actually told in-game. Re:coded was the absolute worst in this respect, by the time it got around to Castle Oblivion I’m pretty sure there was just one line for each world revisit lol (which I guess is fair for Re:coded).

So I really enjoyed Re:start!!! for gifting the time to not try and skip quickly through the worlds.
I thought Re:Coded's novel did a decent job. Especially when compared to how the KH2 novel handled Agrabah lol. Novel didn't believe in filler worlds.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought Re:Coded's novel did a decent job. Especially when compared to how the KH2 novel handled Agrabah lol. Novel didn't believe in filler worlds.
I haven’t gotten around to KH2’s novel yet. I’ve jumped all over lol. I finished KH1 years ago, BbS last year, Re:coded and Restart!!! this year, and aside from the original characters getting quirks and traits, the non-Restart!!! novels had me like, well, exactly what I said in my last post.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I haven’t gotten around to KH2’s novel yet. I’ve jumped all over lol. I finished KH1 years ago, BbS last year, Re:coded and Restart!!! this year, and aside from the original characters getting quirks and traits, the non-Restart!!! novels had me like, well, exactly what I said in my last post.
I see, sorry about that. I would say BBS novel got most things right minus
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I do have ReStart but haven't read it yet. I was waiting for the KH3 novels to all be finished and then binge read them back to back in a KH3 marathon. Even though I nearly caved and almost read it last month lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I see, sorry about that. I would say BBS novel got most things right minus
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I do have ReStart but haven't read it yet. I was waiting for the KH3 novels to all be finished and then binge read them back to back in a KH3 marathon. Even though I nearly caved and almost read it last month lol.
That's okay, you have nothing to apologise for. BbS was decent, but it left me unfulfilled. I started DDD last night, which someone on here said was really good, so my fingers are crossed for some great Disney world retellings.

Back