• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[IDEA]Dissidia Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Kingdom_Hearts_utilized_logo.png

Premise: As the Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness are clashing, Sora notices an unknown person that looks like a Darkling. As Sora chases unto it, the Darkling opens a portal and goes into it, but leaves it open. As Sora approaches it and contemplates it for a bit, a ray of light comes out from it, into the sky, and opens an even bigger portal that sucks everyone into it. When they open their eyes, the Guardians are greeted by Cosmos, Goddess of Harmony. She tells them that the evil God of Discord, Chaos, has summoned opposing warriors from their realm (Sora's) in order to wage war on the balance of the universe and recreate it in Chaos' image. Cosmos shares a piece of speculation concerning Chaos' sudden outburst, perhaps being related to the sudden appearance of an outside entity. Her description coincides with the entity Sora saw. Since he doesn't want to change the focus from everyone, Sora tells Riku and Kairi to secretly look over about the Darkling.

Gameplay: Similar to the first two Dissidia games.

AR829038

Awards
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but this idea was already floated and failed at Square Enix. In fact, the original Dissidia Final Fantasy game was SUPPOSED to be a Kingdom Hearts tournament fighter, but Disney (being Disney) put the kibosh on it because "they didn't want their characters fighting each other." So SE took the idea and made it a Final Fantasy game.
And, sorry to rain on your parade, but even if Disney might have softened up to the idea more recently, the Dissidia brand has gone down the toilet after NT, meaning we'll probably never see another game in that series ever again, or at least for the foreseeable future.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Nomura: We made a game where characters from various FF games got together to battle, Dissidia, but that was a project we were originally thinking of using for KH. However, deciding it would be a bad idea to make Disney characters fight each other, it never materialized for KH and ended up shifting to FF. Even this time we thought that it would be difficult to bring out Disney characters and have them fight each other in multiplayer, and wondering what to do, we arrived at the idea of using Organization XIII.

It comes across like it wasn't Disney who were the ones to turn it down but rather Square. Sure MAYBE Big D would've still rejected the concept but it's not a confirmed fact. They allowed PVP in Disney Infinity & the more recent Sorcerer's Arena has all sorts of Disney-on-Disney violence so who knows what could've happened.

Frankly, I believe there's a number of different ways they could've gone about a KH fighter:

A. They could've just used original characters, the 7vs13 being a pretty good setup for a fighting game as is. Maybe the Disney characters only appear as summons, which in the PSP games didn't actually spawn in-game & were just buff/debuffs.

B. Only include villainous Disney characters like Maleficent, Pete, Hades, etc. as playable.

C. Include heroic Disney characters but have some in story context to why they're fighting that satisfies Disney. IE it's just a coliseum tournament, they're under mind control, or they fight against heartless anti-forms of heroes (in place of mannikins) & never truly do hero vs. hero.

IDK, it always struck like they could work on the idea further & reach some sort of solution instead of just abandoning it & sticking to FF. Indeed, I suspect an ulterior motive. A FF fighter is something that Square fully owns & profit from without having to make any sort of deal with Disney. Square benefitted from using their own IP.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Square benefitted from using their own IP.
Pretty much this, plus they turned it into an arcade game and then ported it to current gen tech. It's a shame, a Dissidia KH would be awesome, but I want it to be in the veins of the first two games.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wish I could comment...but I've never actually played a Dissidia game. So I don't know what a KH version would be like.

AR829038

Awards

It comes across like it wasn't Disney who were the ones to turn it down but rather Square. Sure MAYBE Big D would've still rejected the concept but it's not a confirmed fact. They allowed PVP in Disney Infinity & the more recent Sorcerer's Arena has all sorts of Disney-on-Disney violence so who knows what could've happened.

Frankly, I believe there's a number of different ways they could've gone about a KH fighter:

A. They could've just used original characters, the 7vs13 being a pretty good setup for a fighting game as is. Maybe the Disney characters only appear as summons, which in the PSP games didn't actually spawn in-game & were just buff/debuffs.

B. Only include villainous Disney characters like Maleficent, Pete, Hades, etc. as playable.

C. Include heroic Disney characters but have some in story context to why they're fighting that satisfies Disney. IE it's just a coliseum tournament, they're under mind control, or they fight against heartless anti-forms of heroes (in place of mannikins) & never truly do hero vs. hero.

IDK, it always struck like they could work on the idea further & reach some sort of solution instead of just abandoning it & sticking to FF. Indeed, I suspect an ulterior motive. A FF fighter is something that Square fully owns & profit from without having to make any sort of deal with Disney. Square benefitted from using their own IP.
Tbh, it's probably still indirectly Disney's fault. If it was Square's decision, I'm sure it was because they knew trying to make such a game would MEAN a lot of teeth-pulling with the Disney suits, including heavy restrictions and very limited creative freedom. So, I don't blame them for going with their own IP's. Disney likely would have ruined it, and they likely knew that.

Back