• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Kairi was never experimented on, just kidnapped and ejected into space.
Didn't Xehanort test her light or something and decided to shoot her off into space? Isn't that a experiment?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Eh, I am in my tenth year here and in my 15th as a KH fan this is nothing out of the ordinary. Still the same effects since 2005 when completely new stuff is revealed.

Now I'm off to dinner. Later...;P

Henryp

Awards
Eh, I am in my tenth year here and in my 15th as a KH fan this is nothing out of the ordinary. Still the same effects since 2005 when completely new stuff is revealed.

Now I'm off to dinner. Later...;P

I don't know... I remember BbS/DDD/3 reveals with high excitement, even 0.2. This time feels more like a mixture of excitement, fear and confusion.

I'll just pray the Kairi stuff is its own thing or a teaser of what is to come, so I can enjoy the rythym game for what it is.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The Ansem reports said Xehanort was going to launch her as part of his experiments. The whole meteor shower thing.

Edit: Wait, no it didn't say he experimented on her like the test subjects

Muke

whatever
Awards
I noticed something in the gummi ship section. Some of the worlds have a scene/movie icon next to them. Maybe these are the Kairi cutscenes and the main gameplay is literally the rhythm game?

GreyouTT

Awards
I don't know... I remember BbS/DDD/3 reveals with high excitement, even 0.2. This time feels more like a mixture of excitement, fear and confusion.

I'll just pray the Kairi stuff is its own thing or a teaser of what is to come, so I can enjoy the rythym game for what it is.
It's part of the game, it's on the website with it.

Honestly though I'm wondering if this was gonna just be the opening of the Shibuya/Shinjuku game and they decided it would be too long or wanted to expand on Kairi. Which by proxy led to it being put into a Rhythm game as framing or an unlock.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I still think the Kairi stuff is just a prologue for the next game.

Speaking of which since Kairi and Riku are shown in the Final World maybe they will speak with Not Stella

the red monster

Awards
I noticed something in the gummi ship section. Some of the worlds have a scene/movie icon next to them. Maybe these are the Kairi cutscenes and the main gameplay is literally the rhythm game?
Please no..

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I still think the Kairi stuff is just a prologue for the next game.

Speaking of which since Kairi and Riku are shown in the Final World maybe they will speak with Not Stella
Maybe Xehanort's classmates and teacher are among the stars. Gotta connect them somehow.

Henryp

Awards
It's part of the game, it's on the website with it.

Honestly though I'm wondering if this was gonna just be the opening of the Shibuya/Shinjuku game and they decided it would be too long or wanted to expand on Kairi. Which by proxy led to it being put into a Rhythm game as framing or an unlock.

I know it is a part of the game, I'm just saying I hope is something playable on its own ala 0.2, or just teaser scenes for a future game involving Kairi. I'll be so dissapointed if this ends up being Kairi journey without Kairi.

Violet Pluto

Awards
One Hope. That they aren't going to go full nostalgia on us, and KH1 characters aren't the only versions of the characters we'll get in this. Also my wish for this game not to be a plot mandatory rhythm game went unanswered. At least it currently looks better than I imagined with the gameplay being still combat focused somewhat.

Story wise, Kairi is getting her backstory expanded, and whether the Black Hood is MoM or Younganort or even Apprentanort I do like that Kairi seems to be fed up with who ever this is. At least that's what my limited Japanese skills tell me. ALSO RICKY IS IN THE FINAL WORLD. Why is no one talking about that?

Xagzan

Awards
All I know is, if none of those next phase slots involve an actual playable Kairi...oooh please don't make me angry again KH, like you did at the end of vanilla KH3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Now that I'm collecting my thoughts, maybe the rhythm game are alternate worldlines of Sora's adventures?

Does it mean something that pixar appears on the trademark?

Yeah, it does. It means that Pixar properties will be featured in the game.

Xagzan

Awards
So I'm seeing translations of the official website, and it says there will be 4 different "play styles." Now whether that means they're all rhythm based, or the rhythm aspect is just 1 of 4, I don't know.

NoWay

Awards
I haven’t understood anything. What is this rhythm game in last gen graphics and the last minute with Kairi in current gen graphics? Are these two different games or is it the same game? But why would they use the old assets I don’t understand it

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Tbh, I won’t mind if this game is just the rhythm stuff with Kairi scenes mixed in IF the game that follows gives her a full scenario. It would give them a chance to develop Kairi’s personality and her personal stakes in the plot before giving her a full playable scenario. But if this is a one and done deal for her, I’ll be annoyed. I am excited for the Kairi/Riku scenes though!

Henryp

Awards
Tbh, I won’t mind if this game is just the rhythm stuff with Kairi scenes mixed in IF the game that follows gives her a full scenario. It would give them a chance to develop Kairi’s personality and her personal stakes in the plot before giving her a full playable scenario. But if this is a one and done deal for her, I’ll be annoyed. I am excited for the Kairi/Riku scenes though!

Pretty much this. Exploring Kairi's trauma got me excited enough for what this game have tell about her. If it is just cutscenes because a longer Kairi centered game is coming, then I'm all for it. Sadly, seeing Kairi treatment over the years, I wouldn't rule out this being "her game", even if she is not a playable character in it, sorta like Mickey was in coded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back