• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road launches on June 22nd!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Eh, let me play Devil's Advocate here for a second. English is a very sexed-language. When the Normans took over England and mixed French, Latin, and Greek into a mostly Germanic language we lost most of our non-sex specific pronouns which in the long run led to a lack of them in the modern day. The fact that we don't have as many as Japanese is why when translating from Japanese to English for a person of uncertain gender we often have phrases such as "That Person", "Them" "That Child" or "That Guy" in places where it sounds clunky and unnatural in English but would sound totally fine in Japanese.

When writing or translating, a large amount of the time you are working off of the best constructed versions of the translation and what sounds the most natural in a given language is often the version that makes it through which can allow for small mistakes like this to get passed through even if not technically the intention of the author. These are just a small amount of problems that are easy to trip up on in translation. I understand that you might expect more for a product you paid for, but the translation quality isn't always going to be consistent (especially because more often than not more than one translator works on it) and language foibles aren't going away soon which can make the job harder.

I typed all this when I could have said it all in a much smaller post. Being VP is suffering.

They, them, theirs. All proper, all used for centuries for a singular unspecified person. I do agree that translating is difficult and some things are bound to slip through the cracks, regardless it makes for a jarring experience for some.

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
Best way to count JP time is add 1 hour and switch the AM/PM. (unless it's 11:00)

*Provided you're in EST

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Looks like Global Maintenance ended when it began xD

104977426_288209025634846_2977319831388900035_n.jpg

Muke

whatever
Awards
So will the whole campaign be acailable from the start or will DR also have monthly/weekly updates?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Guess SE couldn't be bothered to pay Ben for a voiceover. Global players robbed again.

Katsagu

Awards
Hmmm... So the plot looks interesting in finding the lost keyblade wielders... But wow at this gameplay, this is worse than UX, it literally plays itself and is a big grind...

Will there be a general discussion thread for the game?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm starting to upload JP story updates (unsubbed) here.

ivaannom

Awards
Well, i actually like the gameplay(without using the auto function of course). I don't really like to use the auto function, and part of the reason is because the IA is too stupid. If you see that Xehanort has low health and you have a potion in your deck, instead of using the potion to attack use it to heal god damn it.

But anyways i guess the auto function is usefull to misions like the one i'm doing now that you have to defeat 50 heartless in agrabah.

Last edited:

Katsagu

Awards
Well, i actually like the gameplay(without using the auto function of course). I don't really like to use the auto function, and part of the reason is because the IA is too stupid. If you see that Xehanort has low health and you have a potion in your deck, instead of using the potion to attack use it to health god damn it.

But anyways i guess the auto function is usefull to misions like the one i'm doing now that you have to defeat 50 heartless in agrabah.

Yeah from what I see, those missions you should use auito for sure, there are others where you only need to fight a handfull of heartless and on those I did not go auto, but it worked also

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My hand hurts from flicking cards so i’ve had to go into auto mode. I had 130 killed in a row before I got kicked out for reset 12 minutes ago :(

Well, i actually like the gameplay(without using the auto function of course). I don't really like to use the auto function, and part of the reason is because the IA is too stupid. If you see that Xehanort has low health and you have a potion in your deck, instead of using the potion to attack use it to health god damn it.

I don’t have a potion but I have a cure card and my auto prioritises that. Weird that’s not happening for you and your potion.

ivaannom

Awards
I don’t have a potion but I have a cure card and my auto prioritises that. Weird that’s not happening for you and your potion.

It seems to be only with potions, now that i have a Minnie healer it prioritises her(as long as there aren't 3 cards from a different colours).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It seems to be only with potions, now that i have a Minnie healer it prioritises her(as long as there aren't 3 cards from a different colours).
How frustrating! I'm glad you got Minnie now though. Prepare to last for a LONG time in the world mission thing.

Back