• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you had to erase one character from existence entirely, who would you choose?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, if i HAD to, there's any number of minor Disney characters who do literally nothing, lol. Sorry, Clara Cluck fans...
By that same token, plenty of FF characters don't add much. Sephiroth outstayed his welcome.

Chie

Awards
Nearly all the FF characters do something at all though. But lots of Disney worlds are filled with excess characters because they bothered to model them I guess. E.x. in KH3 the extra gods in Olympus, or Lumpy.

Cumguardian69

Awards
By that same token, plenty of FF characters don't add much. Sephiroth outstayed his welcome.
KH3 already killed the FF characters and ReMIND sealed in the deal that IF they ever come back, they will be meaningless cameos that get sidelined for Sora. Hell, even in episode RIKU, (Data) Sora still took the show.

D

Deleted member 252753

Speaking of FF characters, I would be tempted to also erase Setzer if I could. As a big FFVI fan, I didn't like his portrayal in KH2 very much, particulary his trying to bribe Roxas into throwing the Struggle match.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
And don't say Xion
What the hell

I'm gonna do it anyway.
Xion only exists to have a tragic character death at the end of Days, a purpose which is now void as of KHIII.
Otherwise she contributes nothing of value and her presence gets in the way of other characters' development and focus.
We could only benefit from writing her out of canon. Really, just delete Days altogether, it's fine.

There isn't a single other character I'd completely delete, because none of the others are even close to deserving.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Speaking of FF characters, I would be tempted to also erase Setzer if I could. As a big FFVI fan, I didn't like his portrayal in KH2 very much, particulary his trying to bribe Roxas into throwing the Struggle match.

The reason for that was because Nojima was completely unfamiliar with the character. He was all ready to write for Rufus in that role but then Nomura decided there were too many FF7 characters and swapped him out lol

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
gotta be Ventus!! see ya little man.

I mean, he doesn't have his own character design, and his personality is a less fleshed out version of Sora, who people already complain is underdeveloped. KH3 gave them a chance to show him being interesting or different, but no, he's just a.. nice guy? Who's innocent?? Regardless of his perhaps more interesting past in union cross, the Ven we have in the present is quite lame to me. While Aqua's character has fallen down a steep cliff recently, and Terra's never been great, at least they are nice to look at and fill out their own little niche.

I'm always in favor of massive culling though. Give me a teeny tiny main cast!! Only show me characters with motivation and room for growth, or characters who are straight up entertaining enough to carry scenes. It's hard to imagine spending a lot of time with characters like Roxas, Isa, Terra, Aqua, Xion, etc... y'alls just gonna be wet blankets the whole time lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oswald

"But MATGSY, Oswald's not in the game!"

Not anymore *evil laugh while lightning strikes in the background*

Foxycian

Awards
I could make a list on why Roxas, Namine, Terra, Ventus, and Vanitas don't need to exist either as the lore beforehand ran smoothly without them. I won't do that because I'm glad all these characters exist. Roxas is my favorite character and has my favorite story, despite how little impact it has on the overall series. And I've really grown to love and appreciate Terra and Ventus. I don't want to get rid of any of these characters. I want to see them all grow and continue.
Ok I agree With Roxas and namine, but Terra and Ventus? The story of birth by sleep was merely about Those two and their connection with Xehanort, if there is no Ventus Terra or Aqua, if one of those 3 is missing then there won’t be a birth by sleep story to begin with.

D

Deleted member 252753

"I agree with kh2 being a totally different story, but bbs being a totally different story?"

Yes, these stories would change. They would change to a different story because writers would write them.
In fairness, I two that removing two of TAV from BBS would more fundamentally change the plot than removing, say, Roxas from KH2. In KH2 you could still have Sora fighting the Organization and searching for Riku, though Roxas brings a great emotional punch and I wouldn't remove him.

But if you make BBS just about Terra as someone suggested, the plot of the entire game would be very different as his story and motivations are bound up with Aqua and Ventus's. And without giving Terra friends, what would really be the point of having Terra and Master Xehanort, rather than just having Apprentice Xehanort as the original Xehanort (I mean, maybe that's what people would like. A lot of people seem to be looking for the best character to remove to change everything they dislike about the plot).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chie

Awards
Actually, thinking about it, the concept of "you can remove Roxas/Xion/Ventus and have almost the same story and it would just be a simpler one"...

What crazy new character was erased out of KH3 to make it so simple compared to those previous games?

Foxycian

Awards
Actually, thinking about it, the concept of "you can remove Roxas/Xion/Ventus and have almost the same story and it would just be a simpler one"...

What crazy new character was erased out of KH3 to make it so simple compared to those previous games?
Real talk tho, Roxas is one of the reasons that made kingdom hearts explode in popularity, he was soo popular that he got a full game to himself, ofc there are many reasons why kingdom hearts is popular, like having final fantasy characters and Disney worlds, however Roxas Axel and the organization are one of the main reasons why kingdom hearts 2 was a success, if it was still just Sora Donald and Goofy then no one would have taken the series seriously, Roxas was soo serious and realistic and much more interesting as a character, enough reason to make people stick around and crave for more.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Ok I agree With Roxas and namine, but Terra and Ventus? The story of birth by sleep was merely about Those two and their connection with Xehanort, if there is no Ventus Terra or Aqua, if one of those 3 is missing then there won’t be a birth by sleep story to begin with.
I'm playing devil's advocate here, so keep that in mind. They already had material for a Xehanort prequel game prime and ready with Apprentice Xehanort in Radiant Garden. They already had a solid story with Xehanort, Ansem, and the RG scientist that had nothing to do with the BBS cast. Terra and his backstory didn't need to be part of it, as it never even matches up with the KH2 story. As for Ventus They keep trying to make him feel more important then he actually is, to the point of shoehorning him into Union X as if to reboot the character, after he wasn't popular enough to be the real Roxas. Again I was playing devil's advocate I fully support the inclusion of the BBS cast and have grown very fond of TAV, Vanitas and Master Xehanort over the years. I would not erase any of them personally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

As for Ventus They keep trying to make him feel more important then he actually is, to the point of shoehorning him into Union X as if to reboot the character, after he wasn't popular enough to be the real Roxas. Again I was playing devil's advocate I fully support the inclusion of the BBS cast and have grown very fond of TAV, Vanitas and Master Xehanort over the years. I would not erase any of them personally.
Splitting hairs but I think Ventus is made to 'feel important' because Nomura wants him to be important in the story. Honestly I think that's less of a problem than making characters feel more important due to their popularity, the best example of which would be Axel

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Splitting hairs but I think Ventus is made to 'feel important' because Nomura wants him to be important in the story. Honestly I think that's less of a problem than making characters feel more important due to their popularity, the best example of which would be Axel
I agree with you Dast on the Nomura thing, but you can say that about any KH character in the series. Axel's popularity is a double edge sword and it seems any idea Nomura tries to give him there will be backlash that 'He's only getting it because he's popular' complaint. Axel being connected to this Subject X character is no less shoehorned then Ventus being from the Union X era, it's just people have had time to let Ven's sink in more and it wasn't last minute like Subject X was. but it does the same thing of setting up a future even for the series. Axel's problem isn't being popular, it's the bad writing he's been given since DDD and becoming too much of a parody of KH fans by KH3. A character that is popular shouldn't be automatically frowned upon due to how popular they are especially if they have a good story and good writing. It's just Axel is lacking the latter right now ever since he became Lea.

welken

Awards
What a tantalizing question. My initial thought was XEHANORT. He deserves it, as both punishment and reward. But realistically, no... I'm still interested in his origin, in particular his true origin, as in what happened before he left Destiny for tragedy high school. Who gave him that crazy name? Why is he ethnically unique from the rest of KH? Why the goat? I'm also curious about his anti-hero redemption arc when he inevitably comes back. Maybe he'll be Sora's mentor, wouldn't that be messed up? I'm stuck on the mentor thing.

My chopping list:

1. The Master of Masters: Not enough eminence or intrigue for that title, and my least favorite use of The Hooded Coat. I like the concept and where it could go, but I wish they could re-do his introduction, in a console game, with an original design. Since the sick games he's been playing with the keyblade wielders of yore have had no payoff, it doesn't feel like he has as masterful grip on things as a master of masters should. Maybe the character is just a self-aware self-insertion of our author.

2. Eraqus: I like his samurai style. Everything about his visual design in BBS is great. But the character is unacceptably a dumbass. I know it's probably more an issue of a rushed script, trying to get the pieces where they needed to be. He makes sense as an outline, but in execution, he's such an awkward cog to me that it kinda cheapens the entire setting of The Land of Departure. Maybe if we had at least one field lesson with him before the Mark of Mastery. Maybe my problem is more with BBS's insufficient context for any of the characters before they get thrown into a whirlwind of confusion and despair. And I guess I'm putting that on Eraqus because he should've done better for those kids. I really don't like the younger design, but the laidback dude personality in Dark Road is fine/cool.

3. Ienzo. Boring nerd, the literal nobody of Nobodies. Those facetimes are time I'll never get back.

4. Mickey: He was awesome as a mystery in KH1 and cool in KH2, but beyond that I don't really like the KH interpretation of the character. He feels plain. He left Aqua hanging. I don't like how his face looks like a toy assembled from separate pieces. The new voice actor is displeasing to me. I wish they would use classic mischievous Mickey again, or put him back in his own world and get up to some loony hijinks there. Make him cool or don't use him, because a bad Mickey leaves a bad taste. That's really why I'm biased against him, he honestly makes me uncomfortable to look at sometimes. His new theme from ReMind is gorgeous though.

Special mention to Ventus/Vanitas. I like the concept, but I don't think what's been done with them has justified repurposing iconic designs, even if they look nice. I know their tale's still unfinished, but that's another problem.
And I hate the concept of suddenly having New Princesses of Heart, I would probably delete that before any actual character.

I do like to think about what the series would've been like without Kairi, or Roxas, or Xehanort. Maybe those actually are my top choices, just because of how much it would unravel the story into something completely different.

Edward_yt

Awards
If you take sora out of Kingdom Hearts, I am leaving the forums and will quit playing Kingdom Hearts.
but why, you say?
well here is why:

Sora is a main character, if he was wiped, the series would become very stupid, and sooner than later, it will be hated.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If you take sora out of Kingdom Hearts, I am leaving the forums and will quit playing Kingdom Hearts.
but why, you say?
well here is why:

Sora is a main character, if he was wiped, the series would become very stupid, and sooner than later, it will be hated.

To this point, I think it's hilarious how every time we take a break from Sora to tell other character's stories, we start yearning to return to him. But then once we do, we're quickly fed up and want him to leave again.

Back