• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Verum Rex be kingdom hearts 4 or will it be something else?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bloodblade777

I personally would really be stoked if verum rex was its own KH game, or even its own IP, i could definitely see it being a hubworld of KH4 though like some people are saying, though in my opinion that would be a bit disappointing

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
A completely separate universe that's part of the same multiverse as the Kingdom Hearts universe. May or may not end up as sprawling as our KH series.

MoM travels not just through time but through universes.

LBJENmariposa

A completely separate universe that's part of the same multiverse as the Kingdom Hearts universe. May or may not end up as sprawling as our KH series.

MoM travels not just through time but through universes.
What if the people from Verum Rex were the "not-humans" that MoM fought in the very first Keyblade War?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Disney does own almost everything in Kingdom Hearts but Verum Rex is purely Square Enix owned since its based off Versus 13

It depends on the business discussions that would've been held behind closed doors. Although, since Verum Rex is technically a Square Enix title in Toy Box... It's possible that Verum Rex is an IP that's already Square Enix-owned and just hadn't been shown until KH3 came out. (HMK's deductions, mixed with my own ideas.) If that isn't the case though and there wasn't any discussion with Disney beforehand, then Yozora is also a Disney-owned character, as well as anyone else that'd appear a Verum Rex-exclusive character.

And that's why I found the whole "Verum Rex is going to get rid of Disney worlds!" idea silly. Just because KH3's Secret Ending was on the darker side, it doesn't mean Disney's getting the axe (they legally can't anyway lol).

Another Side, Another Story is a pretty dark-looking secret ending... And the game it was alluding to had Sora singing dorky Atlantica songs, Goofy getting smoked by a boulder, GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK, literally Demyx's entire existence, and a two-hour prologue consisting of teenagers spending their last week of summer vacation doing kids stuff. This game's ending had an even darker secret ending... And that game had Ice Cream Beat, Captain Justice/Dark, Mickey getting yeeted throughout the galaxy because of a Star Shard, "Information: Put Peter Pan in his place!", all of Disney Town and Go Kart Racing.

Kingdom Hearts games are dark, but they're not Drakengard/Nier/Persona 3-levels of dark lol. At least, not in the mature aspects of what those titles have. Verum Rex looks dark but might very well turn into your typical KH game where the overall theme is dark, but you have goofy and lighthearted moments all over. Even DDD had it, like Goofy yeeting everyone out of the tower.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It depends on the business discussions that would've been held behind closed doors. Although, since Verum Rex is technically a Square Enix title in Toy Box... It's possible that Verum Rex is an IP that's already Square Enix-owned and just hadn't been shown until KH3 came out. (HMK's deductions, mixed with my own ideas.) If that isn't the case though and there wasn't any discussion with Disney beforehand, then Yozora is also a Disney-owned character, as well as anyone else that'd appear a Verum Rex-exclusive character.

I wouldn't trust him to deduce his way out of a paper bag. He's famous for getting into flame wars over his own wrong perceptions, I seem to recall him doing his usual quotetweet bullshit over Aqua being "norted" when she wasn't.

Personally, I suspect Verum Rex was crafted specifically to stay in the KH-universe so that it would be owned by Disney and so that Nomura could keep the story elements from being recrafted by Square this time, as he has an iron grip on KH. But I freely admit that's conjecture on my part, too.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Disney does own almost everything in Kingdom Hearts but Verum Rex is purely Square Enix owned since its based off Versus 13

That's not how it works. The Marvel character Deadpool is based of the DC character Deathstroke but Warner Brothers doesn't own deadpool.

They definitely do. Though I do wonder how Sora got into WoFF; the restrictions about that must be lax so long as Disney gave Nomura the freedom to do as he wishes with original KH characters.

Simple they asked and disney said yes or they asked for permission ,disney asked for money and they paid.

SS501

Awards
If it doesn't say "Verum Rex owned by Square-Enix" anywhere in the credits, then Disney owns it.
iverumndex.png
The back of the Verum Rex box has no mention of Disney at all and says "SQUARE ENIX CO, LTD All rights Reserved. MAIN CHARACTER DESIGNER: TETSUYA NOMURA"
Granted it's a fake box art inside a KH world but...

For comparison's sake the actual KH back covers say "Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Developed by SQUARE ENIX"

Back