• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Post-MOM Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
So, question for my fellow KHI users.

How do you feel about potentially abandoning the twilight gang and the wayfinder trio? Letting them have their happy endings and live happily ever after or whatever.

I don't know, I feel the cast is way to big for its own good, I think it's best to just leave them be and call upon them if necessary, but going out of their way to make new games for them feels a bit overkill.
I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love each of those characters. But I don't think there is much left we can do with them, at least at the character growth department. The only things I could see looked into is Lea and Isa with Subject X and Terra now looking after Aqua and Ven, but that's about it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Huuuuh...

A KINGDOM HEARTS soft-reboot using live action worlds with Riku probably as protagonist, who was the original Kingdom Key wielder, makes a looooooot of sense. Especially if you take into account that this could be a DDD Vol. 2 with Riku/Sora or Riku/Yozora. Hell, maybe a DDD/BBS Vol. 2: Riku/Sora main game, but there's a Secret Episode where you play as Yozora.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I think the Verum Rex game will come, but right now, I think we'll get DDD Vol. 2 and then KH4

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

astertide

Awards
We know absolutely nothing about Yozora, how do we know that he's even gonna be a protagonist?
He could be an antagonist or anti-hero type character, right?

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Because he's trying to save Sora? Because he's the one Nameless Star is waiting for? Because the Verum Rex game paints him as a hero? Because he's the protagonist of that game? And Riku was basically an anti-hero in CoM yet he was still playable so again that doesn't hurt the chances of Yozora being playable. Also him being an antagonist to Riku doesn't mean much either if that happens. He's clearly Nomura's new bread and butter for the future so him being playable is pretty damn likely.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oy…I spend one day breaking my new laptop in, and ideas are already popping everywhere, from feasible ones to questionably impossible.

I’d agree to that if it wasn’t for the name. Getting the elephant out of the room, blah blah blah Noctis and Versus so on and so forth yadayada, Yozora’s name ultimately stems from a connection to Sora. Other than that white hair and the black clothes, which somehow became a fashion statement since II, I’m still skeptical on who’s tied to who.

Well, KH is referred to as the “unseen land” in the game. It’s most likely they don’t have a KH there, or if there is, it’s most likely unseen too and deep within their world and since it might be unseen, how do they know it’s even there? Unless, of course, the ancient wielders of the past either a) blabbed, or b) some of the were ancestors to the current residents of that unreality. The problem is, and while we don’t know if it is for certain since the characters are only theorizing, that world is beyond light and darkness. If the components aren’t there to begin with, how can the finished product (or origin?) even exist?

No! We are not doing this again. No way.

I’m going to be honest; I’m more interested in Yozora’s story than a bunch of rehashed screw-ups who failed momentously on doing one simple job and sending innumerable child soldiers to their deaths. I don’t care about their war crimes; I’m just bored of them because they should’ve just died a looong time ago.

However, they’re there, Luxu brought them back, and we have a new rulebook on 4D chess. So I have to think about that too.

What I want to know is, why would they want to bring back the Master to that particular point in time, and why couldn’t the Master just do it himself? Luxu’s report implies that not only did he want to bring the others back, but also the Master, who clearly wasn’t missing at all and not trapped in another worldline. The guy practically comes and goes as he pleases, and seems deathless, or at least ageless. Is it because Luxu can body swap and therefore there’s someone to remember the Master? Then why bring the other foretellers back?

I think that’s about it.

Finally, why is the insignia on Yozora’s coat/jacket designed the way it is?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm also excited to see where this all leads.

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
So, aren't there seven realms now?

Light, Darkness, In-Between, Data, Dreams, Memories, "Other Side/Unreality"

//cough cough// s e v e n a g a i n

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Player is the heart inside Yozora's body.
That's not a new theory, just one I continue to be convinced of

Also
The Bouncer's cast will be in Quadratum

Idreamaboutcats

Awards

Hmmm…I’m not quite sure I’d word it like that. I’m certainly not an expert on Nomura’s thought process, nor as “intelligent” (or cringy) as you-know-who, but from the way I understand it, the cosmology of the series goes like this:

The realms are components or subsets of the known universe, a.k.a. the Sea of Stars/the World, and if you add the abstract dimensions such as “time” or “destiny”, all in all it is called a worldline, and minding my redundancy, is made up of light, darkness, the in-between/twilight, as well as the smaller sets of data, dreams, and memories, from which worlds could also be built.

Since the Other Side is something that is beyond the jurisdiction of those elements, or rather, separated by something that only wielders can pass through with great difficulty, we can hypothesize that it might be another worldline, possibly one that runs alongside the main one. To call it a shadow would discredit it as being beyond the darkness of the main worldline. I think it’d be more apt to say…it’s a mirror with which the other side follows a different set of rules. It’s most likely the “Other Side” did not spring from Scala ad Caelum like other worlds and the realms at large.

At the end, they are all still connected by the Final World, it seems, to which all hearts that could not rest stay until they move on and finally accept the nothingness of death.

TL;DR: The Unreality might be more of an AU of its own than a realm.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I don't think we can count Quadratum as a different realm.

Also:

"Another Side, Another Story"

Quadratum, Verum REx

;)

Noivern

Awards
I'm going to write a few thoughts on MoM and my response to the initial feedback I've seen, but I did not read the whole thread yet so I'm not up to date with the discussion.

1. Kairi is getting sidelined again for no real reason. Xehanort himself comments on her strenght and while she is weaker than KH3 Sora and probably Riku as well, we know she is at least on a similar league to Ventus in BBS considering she at least managed to hit that version of the old man, while the golden twink didn't even get to do that. This training argument better pay off because no one else in this franchise minus the Wayfinder Trio went through that ordeal.

2. While some people are happy she's seemingly out of the way for the next game (lol.), I must say this is not true. Riku going alone doesn't mean we'll necessarily play as him next, nor that he is safe. The plot could very well be about Riku not returning in time and Kairi going out to find him and Sora. There's space between the ending of MoM, the secret ending of Re:Mind and whatever is the next game.

3. I'm surprised Star Girl got so much attention at once, but I'm annoyed we have yet to see her appearance. They could have at least dropped a name.

4. Not liking how the Grandmother is suddenly so wise and aware of things like the Final World. I don't think it's suspiscious, but it is very lazy writing. How the heck did she know about the girl? I'm glad they decided to use a Disney character for this, at least.

5. I hope they retcon Hundred Acre Land to be a case of a Fictional World and maybe that's why Sora was able to end up in Quadradum, because he already had contact with the land of Fiction before.

Tobi

Awards
Well, we know two ways, at least. First is the one you mentioned, using a local to open a gate then the power of waking to, as Xehanort says "traverse hearts to reach worlds." The second way is how the ancient wielders did it, prior to people from either reality coming into contact with each other and forging connections, whatever way that may have been (maybe using their heart as a guiding key?).
Not sure if you meant it included in the power of waking parts, but technically, so it seems, you can also change the world by abusing that power. So technically three.
1. Connection + Final World + Power of waking = the method the traveler has the most control over, since he/she can prepare beforehand, if he/she would want to.
2. Abuse of power of waking = Uncontrollable in the regards to the when and what happens to someone (Sora) seems to be unfavorable.
3. Forging connections = Requires someone to have used one of the previous methods, if the Final World wasnt used as the first contact area. But once Sora and Riku return from Quantum, they could serve as a kind of connection for both sided.

GreyouTT

Awards
"That's the story of the king of truth."
"RECLAIM YOUR HEART"
“After a long fight, weapons have brought great benefits for humanity. But the “KARMA” that sleeps in humans will accelerate further. In the light of the warhead in the night sky, they chose to fight while feeling the pain of their hearts.”
"A journey without a place to return "
"The world is to all humans" [cut off]

The rest of it is:

"The world is to all humans to turn a page.
What is eternal bond.
"

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Not sure if you meant it included in the power of waking parts, but technically, so it seems, you can also change the world by abusing that power. So technically three.
1. Connection + Final World + Power of waking = the method the traveler has the most control over, since he/she can prepare beforehand, if he/she would want to.
2. Abuse of power of waking = Uncontrollable in the regards to the when and what happens to someone (Sora) seems to be unfavorable.
3. Forging connections = Requires someone to have used one of the previous methods, if the Final World wasnt used as the first contact area. But once Sora and Riku return from Quantum, they could serve as a kind of connection for both sided.
I completely forgot about that! How ironic. I was so focused on Riku I forgot about Sora. Gross, I’m turning into one of those Reddit fans…

It brings to mind the question though…why would Sora be ejected to an unreachable world, instead of being, you know, straight up erased?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm going to write a few thoughts on MoM and my response to the initial feedback I've seen, but I did not read the whole thread yet so I'm not up to date with the discussion.

1. Kairi is getting sidelined again for no real reason. Xehanort himself comments on her strenght and while she is weaker than KH3 Sora and probably Riku as well, we know she is at least on a similar league to Ventus in BBS considering she at least managed to hit that version of the old man, while the golden twink didn't even get to do that. This training argument better pay off because no one else in this franchise minus the Wayfinder Trio went through that ordeal.

2. While some people are happy she's seemingly out of the way for the next game (lol.), I must say this is not true. Riku going alone doesn't mean we'll necessarily play as him next, nor that he is safe. The plot could very well be about Riku not returning in time and Kairi going out to find him and Sora. There's space between the ending of MoM, the secret ending of Re:Mind and whatever is the next game.

3. I'm surprised Star Girl got so much attention at once, but I'm annoyed we have yet to see her appearance. They could have at least dropped a name.

4. Not liking how the Grandmother is suddenly so wise and aware of things like the Final World. I don't think it's suspiscious, but it is very lazy writing. How the heck did she know about the girl? I'm glad they decided to use a Disney character for this, at least.

5. I hope they retcon Hundred Acre Land to be a case of a Fictional World and maybe that's why Sora was able to end up in Quadradum, because he already had contact with the land of Fiction before.
OMG! Nomura please defy everyone's expectations and make the next game Master Aqua and Kairi (both playable) going to search for Sora and Riku in Quadratum!

CaptainHuman

Awards
So the first time I saw the ending with Yen Sid, I was somehow convinced he was implying that the other realm the ancient keyblade wielders crossed into (aka the Unchained realm) was the same realm as Quadratum. Like, the Dandelions moved to an alternate reality, changed some stuff, and it eventually grew to be Quadratum. I feel like Chi has always been kinda vague on what the alternate reality *is*, so "unreality" certainly isn't out of the question.

(Rewatching the scene, I see Yen Sid was NOT necessarily implying that, but I think it still checks out.)

Eonstar890

Awards
There exists quite too much to discuss for my brain to accept so I will mainly focus on theorizing what threads can become future plots.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now I find it hard to believe that all of these could ever be shoved into one title. If it did anything KH3 proved that Normura is not a fan of that. In fact I hope to never see something like KH3 happen again. I think the series would do better if it didn't try so hard to make everything connect to everything else so tightly. My guesses are a title encompassing threads 1 and 4 while another goes over 2 and 5 with 3 being an optional bonus (aka probably won't happen).

Having just finished MoM, I am still in a tizzy with all the new info, but I can't confidently say my expectations were met this time around.

Back