• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► WandaVision

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The biggest reason why it’s weekly is because it’s about money. They’re well aware that the Mandalorian ended, and they need to incentivize people to stay with Disney+ since originals are lacking compared to other services.
I know many people(me included) that are going to temporarily ended our subscription after WandaVision until a new and compelling original comes out.
Falcon and the Winter Soldier is meant to start up two weeks after WandaVision, right? Not interested in that show?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yes, however most streaming shows still have a somewhat consistent run time from episode to episode though whereas this is going to have a much more varied range. And they usually have to meet a specific episode quota, which can lead to poor pacing like some of the Netflix Marvel shows. So yeah we’ve already seen this trend, but this is taking it even further.

Like Chaser, I disagree. This is just a personal taste thing, but I like the mystery being set up and having time to think on and theorize about the developments from week to week. I also feel like it gives me time to appreciate each episode more on its own and catch things that I would miss if I binged. It’s also nice having a little something to look forward to at the end of each week.
But that's my issue. There isn't anything much to theorize on. The show basically has me feeling pretty much where I was after watching trailers.

I like weekly shows because they let you think about things, but the fact that WandaVision was basically a sitcom for the two episodes that we got - it feels like a sitcom to me, where there's nothing to look forward. Sitcoms are just the same characters in a new situation, rather than an overarching story which WandaVision is. If anything, going off of what people are saying, it should have had least been the first 3 episodes since allegedly episode 3 is where things pick up.

Anyway, the next episode is less than a week away so it's a moot point. I just feel like I'm going to wait until everything comes out, then watch it all.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Falcon and the Winter Soldier is meant to start up two weeks after WandaVision, right? Not interested in that show?

Not really, I’m only watching WandaVision because I got into Marvel(and Scarlet Witch) through Young Avengers. I just want to see the “twins” and how that might tie to the future films. Not really interested in Loki either.

Definitely not saying no to watching them, but definitely not extending my subscription for them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I much prefer the weekly format. It keeps discussion going, helps to keep people from being spoiled (every Netflix show has been spoiled for me so I don't even rush to watch anything anymore), and it helps them build their subscription base.

Also I much prefer the slow burn of the mystery. There is no fun in finding out how it all turns out. I like being able to discuss what is happening. I also feel like it has more watchability that way. I can watch the show unfold weekly, then after the series finishes I can rewatch the whole thing over again. With a binge series, I watch it once and usualy don't revisit it, and then forget what happened months later when the new season airs.

Also to the complaint that there is nothing to theorize on, there are a bunch of things happening in these episodes. My own post alone only scratches the surface of what is there to theorize on..

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I much prefer the weekly format. It keeps discussion going, helps to keep people from being spoiled (every Netflix show has been spoiled for me so I don't even rush to watch anything anymore), and it helps them build their subscription base.

Also I much prefer the slow burn of the mystery. There is no fun in finding out how it all turns out. I like being able to discuss what is happening. I also feel like it has more watchability that way. I can watch the show unfold weekly, then after the series finishes I can rewatch the whole thing over again. With a binge series, I watch it once and usualy don't revisit it, and then forget what happened months later when the new season airs.

Also to the complaint that there is nothing to theorize on, there are a bunch of things happening in these episodes. My own post alone only scratches the surface of what is there to theorize on..
Well what is there to theorize on? The only things that I noticed could be for the future were:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well what is there to theorize on? The only things that I noticed could be for the future were:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Those are questions that can be theorised on just off the top of my head. The two episodes (and trailers) give a lot to be pondered upon and sometimes it's nice to be able to think and see what others are putting together rather than having these questions posed and then answered two hours later.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Those are questions that can be theorised on just off the top of my head. The two episodes (and trailers) give a lot to be pondered upon and sometimes it's nice to be able to think and see what others are putting together rather than having these questions posed and then answered two hours later.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not really, I’m only watching WandaVision because I got into Marvel(and Scarlet Witch) through Young Avengers. I just want to see the “twins” and how that might tie to the future films. Not really interested in Loki either.

Definitely not saying no to watching them, but definitely not extending my subscription for them.
What if I told you that F&WS might also have a Young Avengers connection?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah like it’s pretty much confirmed they might be going after a certain storyline in regards to a certain Young Avenger in F&WS.

Honestly I’m anticipating these Marvel D+ shows to set up not just the villain of this Phase but the Young Avengers as a whole.

Between the potential creation of Billy and Tommy, the specific F&WS character being referenced by MATGSY, Kamala, Kate, America in Doctor Strange 2, and I’m 100% certain we are going to get Kid Loki out of Loki, we are looking at the birth of the MCU Young Avengers.

I really don’t recommend anybody who might be a fan of them to skip out on any of these shows.

Oh, I vaguely remember him from Ant Man and The Wasp. Funny in that video he's trying to learn magic.

Haha right? XD

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah like it’s pretty much confirmed they might be going after a certain storyline in regards to a certain Young Avenger in F&WS.

Honestly I’m anticipating these Marvel D+ shows to set up not just the villain of this Phase but the Young Avengers as a whole.

Between the potential creation of Billy and Tommy, the specific F&WS character being referenced by MATGSY, Kamala, Kate, America in Doctor Strange 2, and I’m 100% certain we are going to get Kid Loki out of Loki, we are looking at the birth of the MCU Young Avengers.

I really don’t recommend anybody who might be a fan of them to skip out on any of these shows.
And the aged up Cassie in Endgame.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My fault, I should’ve clarified further, I’m only interested in the relationship between Scarlet Witch and her children(House of M), and the gay shit between Wiccan and Hulkling.

I am not a superhero fan, I just casually enjoy some superhero content now and then.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My fault, I should’ve clarified further, I’m only interested in the relationship between Scarlet Witch and her children(House of M), and the gay shit between Wiccan and Hulkling.

I am not a superhero fan, I just casually enjoy some superhero content now and then.

Okay that makes sense and I feel you on that xD

Prior to really getting into the MCU, my only exposure to Marvel characters was Spider-Man, the Fox properties, and Wiccan and Hulkling’s relationship lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
And the aged up Cassie in Endgame.

With her being recast for the new Ant Man, I’m sure they intend for her to be part of the YA team. I’m also curious to see if they do anything with Iron Lad considering Kang will also be appearing in Quantumania or if they may replace him with Ironheart since her show’s in development already.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Fair enough, if your interest isn't high it makes more sense to just binge watch them once a show comes around you are interested in.

With her being recast for the new Ant Man, I’m sure they intend for her to be part of the YA team. I’m also curious to see if they do anything with Iron Lad considering Kang will also be appearing in Quantumania or if they may replace him with Ironheart since her show’s in development already.
Ironheart would make sense I am kind of getting the impression that it'll be a bit of a Young Avenger and Champions mix seeing they are introducing characters from both teams.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
On the point of Jimmy Woo's apparent presence in WandaVision, does anyone else feel like all these new Marvel shows might be an overload? The MCU itself is over 20 films to watch, which is fine since it's been going from 2008. But having so many shows interconnected is a little intimidating to me honestly.

I liked the Netflix MARVEL shows because they were their own self contained stories with very small hints at the MCU and connected to the other shows (even then, it was building to The Defenders). I didn't feel like I had to watch Daredevil to understand Luke Cage or Jessica Jones or Punisher (let alone the MCU). When I heard the huge amount of Disney+ MARVEL shows (and honestly Star Wars), I felt intimidated.

I'm hoping that they're self contained stories that don't necessarily affect the MCU's main plot or become essential to the MCU. Which makes me want to also mention something I've been feeling for a while regarding the MCU: the team ups and crossovers have been great, but I kind of feel exhausted by them. I'm ready to go back to superhero movies that are just about that superhero and not that superhero plus build up to the next five films and TV series in the universe.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly I felt similarly when they announced it all, but if they continue releasing it spaced out I think it'll not be too bad. Personally I view the marvel movies and now the shows as mostly optional. Like you could watch most of them without seeing the previous ones and they'd work more or less, the other movies are just there to add more context.

It's really similar to how comics work, sometimes you need to read other series and runs, but more often than not you can just pick up at a new story arc and enjoy it, everything else would just add more context and backstory.

I wouldn't mind having a few more standalone adventures, but I feel like a lot of people would start asking why didn't anyone else come to help them? Plus this is one universe and a lot of these heroes occupy the same spaces.

I feel WandaVision will add to the next Doctor Strange film, but not be mandatory viewing to understand it. Like I'm pretty sure Marvel knows that they can't count on everyone interested in the movie would watch the Streaming show first.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I mean its half and half. They want for everyone to hop on but also build upon the shared universe. Right now with Star Wars you don't need to watch the movies to enjoy Clone Wars, Rebels or the Mandalorian. Watching the movies, adds to the experience and the shows reward you for sticking with everything.

As of now we know that 3 SW shows will connect in a major way, so I imagine that's also a possibility for the Marvel shows.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly I felt similarly when they announced it all, but if they continue releasing it spaced out I think it'll not be too bad. Personally I view the marvel movies and now the shows as mostly optional. Like you could watch most of them without seeing the previous ones and they'd work more or less, the other movies are just there to add more context.

It's really similar to how comics work, sometimes you need to read other series and runs, but more often than not you can just pick up at a new story arc and enjoy it, everything else would just add more context and backstory.

I wouldn't mind having a few more standalone adventures, but I feel like a lot of people would start asking why didn't anyone else come to help them? Plus this is one universe and a lot of these heroes occupy the same spaces.

I feel WandaVision will add to the next Doctor Strange film, but not be mandatory viewing to understand it. Like I'm pretty sure Marvel knows that they can't count on everyone interested in the movie would watch the Streaming show first.
I guess I feel that way because the last Phase in the Infinity Saga was very heavily connected, of course leading up to Infinity War/Endgame.

I mean 2020 ended up being a break from MARVEL (unintentionally), so I suppose that is enough time to get excitement going. I am very hyped to see the new Spiderman, I don't really care for the other MARVEL films this year though.
I mean its half and half. They want for everyone to hop on but also build upon the shared universe. Right now with Star Wars you don't need to watch the movies to enjoy Clone Wars, Rebels or the Mandalorian. Watching the movies, adds to the experience and the shows reward you for sticking with everything.

As of now we know that 3 SW shows will connect in a major way, so I imagine that's also a possibility for the Marvel shows.
To be honest, I'm a Star Wars film only kind of fan. I never cared for side stories because I really believe that Star Wars should solely be about Anakin Skywalker's fall and redemption. I know Anakin is in the Clone Wars TV show, but I don't think that show is going to provide any more insight into why Anakin is the way he is when the films already did it.

I do look at clips that get recommended to me about Star Wars from those shows when they seem interesting (like Ahsoka seeing Darth Vader or whatever). But I don't have the time to invest in it when I doubt I will care that much. Unless the characters are in the films, they don't matter to me. I also didn't care for Rogue One at all either (except the Vader scenes).

Last edited:
Back