• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What things do you think the manga does better than the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I know the Kingdom Hearts manga isn’t canon but I actually think it does some stuff better than the actual game when it comes to character development the biggest example I can think of is Kairi since she seems to have more of a personality in the manga than she has in the actual game and seems to be better written and is a much more enjoyable character than she is in the games.

Also another small thing that I noticed the manga has done better than the actual game is that in the Chain of Memories manga it actually does a better job at showing of the partner in crime dynamic Marluxia and Larxene have as they actually speak to each other unlike the game ( well at least they fixed that in KH3)

So I was wondering does anyone else think there is things the manga does better than the games?

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
What does the manga do better then the games? Almost everything. Especially in regards to KH2 and Days.

Characters: Does a better job of fleshing out characters and their friendships. Sora, Riku, and Kairi have banter in TWTNW that is totally absent from the games. It was short but it's one of my favorite moments to show they are a group friends. Kairi in general is a more fun character who brings something to the group. Same with the other friends. RAX have even more conversations and personality to bounce off of, especially Xion, the "Kairi" of the group. Her friendship with Axel gets way more focus as does her Replica stuff. The manga Organization operate like a disfunctional family with even the Dusk have personalities now.

Comedy and serious tone: The manga knows how to juggle really funny moments but can also get really dark really fast. Because the manga gives more time to the characters when the dark moments happen it has a bigger impact.

Extra stuff: Since the manga doesn't always focus on the title character, the side characters/secondary characters get more added things you wouldn't get in the games. Changes are made to make events flow better then they do in the games. This is especially seen during the final battles in the KH2 manga against the Organization.

The manga is my favorite version of Kingdom Hearts. And I can't wait to collect the KH3 volumes.

WaltK

Awards
-My queen Aqua getting more personality is a definite plus. I loved the moment in the 0.2 adaptation where she gushes over how big Riku has gotten.
-The way the 358/2 Days manga portrayed Roxas in the early days following his creation was really good, where he’s practically a lifeless zombie who needs to be propped up like a rag doll in his organisation chair.
-I absolutely ADORE the random slice of life moments we get in between adventures. Things like SDG having dinner with the Hollow Bastion gang, Xaldin and the Vexen replica chatting over drinks from a vending machine, etc.
-The random little bits of world building, like how the KH2 chapter incorporates the blue and red orbs into the struggle tournaments with an in-universe explanation of how they work (the balls are foam and the combatants wear what I assume are velcro-coated garmants).
-The Disney worlds incorporating more details from their respective movies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with others the three main things the manga does better than the games are Kairi, general characterization and comedy.

The manga seems to capture the character's spirit better than the games, they're still basically the same characters, but in the manga they feel more rounded and real than they do in the games. There are more small interactions and character moments. I'd say you get a better feel of who these characters are in the manga.

While comedy is subjective, i do find the manga makes me crack a smile or laugh notably more than the games do.

I really do feel it's a shame that we never got a BBS manga, seeing I think Aqua, Ventus and Terra would have really benefited from it.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I agree with others the three main things the manga does better than the games are Kairi, general characterization and comedy.

The manga seems to capture the character's spirit better than the games, they're still basically the same characters, but in the manga they feel more rounded and real than they do in the games. There are more small interactions and character moments. I'd say you get a better feel of who these characters are in the manga.

While comedy is subjective, i do find the manga makes me crack a smile or laugh notably more than the games do.

I really do feel it's a shame that we never got a BBS manga, seeing I think Aqua, Ventus and Terra would have really benefited from it.
i agree because kairi tries to get out of the cage in kh2 but in game she does nothing. its like kairi in manga is yoda and kairi in game she is baby yoda.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

BBS not getting a manga really hurts. It's kinda rare to see the Wayfinder Trio in Shiro Amano's artwork, so whenever it happens I marvel at them like a kid in the candy store. I've heard good things about the 0.2 adaptations with manga Aqua so I can't wait for those to get published here to read them. I've waited a long time to see them finally included in the mangaverse.

Somnus cealum

Awards
BBS not getting a manga really hurts. It's kinda rare to see the Wayfinder Trio in Shiro Amano's artwork, so whenever it happens I marvel at them like a kid in the candy store. I've heard good things about the 0.2 adaptations with manga Aqua so I can't wait for those to get published here to read them. I've waited a long time to see them finally included in the mangaverse.
kid in the candy store - JoJo Siwa

Back