• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah but Mulan’s world is different
Well with how important China has become to the box office I have the feeling we'll have another movie set in "China" within our live time. So there's a good we'll return to China in another world someday.

Awards
I mean Donald and Goofy technically resemble Yozora's allies since they share the same abilities and color schemes. Not to mention the clothes. That's probably why Rex still mistakes Sora as Yozora in the final product.

The series barely acknowledges Donald and Goofy as anthropomorphic animals, lol
I mean...the clothes barely match and even then it's still a huge stretch cuz it's a big barely.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everyone mocks the "There can't be two Keyblade Masters" line, but to be fair, Sora and Riku were only two boys at the time. They knew next to nothing about the Keyblade's actual history.
Yea I read this merely as a display of Riku’s arrogance in KH1, referring to himself as a Master no less. The line holds up, it was never meant to be reliable lore exposition.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I mean...the clothes barely match and even then it's still a huge stretch cuz it's a big barely.
Clothes match perfectly fine to me.
And Rex confusing Sora for Yozora is already a huge stretch since the two share zero physical similarities with each other(as you and Sign pointed out)

The two Verum Rex guy's names being cut from the final product feels a bit more complex than it happening because they supposedly don't resemble Donald and Goofy

Awards
Clothes match perfectly fine to me.
And Rex confusing Sora for Yozora is already a huge stretch since the two share zero physical similarities with each other(as you and Sign pointed out)

The two Verum Rex guy's names being cut from the final product feels a bit more complex than it happening because they supposedly don't resemble Donald and Goofy
I dunno, like in Goofy's case he looks less like "Aegis" and more like "Dog who was a fighter pilot".

They either cut that line out because those names were placeholders or because Donald and Goofy don't look like them at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Consider also that Magia and Aegis are not referenced at all throughout the rest of Toy Box, making that callout at the beginning of the world (and in a cutscene that is already too long) completely pointless. If they wanted someone to act as a reminder of Verum Rex, then Yozora alone would be enough.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Consider also that Magia and Aegis are not referenced at all throughout the rest of Toy Box, making that callout at the beginning of the world (and in a cutscene that is already too long) completely pointless. If they wanted someone to act as a reminder of Verum Rex, then Yozora alone would be enough.
Too long? It was just a few seconds of dialogue in the demo version. Keeping that line in would not of made any difference.

And even if those two guys had no further mention for the rest of the world I don't buy that's enough justification for omitting their names.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You speak like there's big conspiracy to this when it's really just 1 of a million minor changes that happen as part of the development process. This happens all the time in game development (or indeed, the development of any media) & KH3 no doubt had countless more edits like this there we never hear about. In the end it's no big deal.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You speak like there's big conspiracy to this when it's really just 1 of a million minor changes that happen as part of the development process. This happens all the time in game development (or indeed, the development of any media) & KH3 no doubt had countless more edits like this there we never hear about. In the end it's no big deal.
We'll see. While minor changes do happen I think there was some meaning behind Yozora's companions names being omitted. For the moment I think their names being different from what they were in the demo is a likely guess.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
Yea I read this merely as a display of Riku’s arrogance in KH1, referring to himself as a Master no less. The line holds up, it was never meant to be reliable lore exposition.
Another thing to keep in mind is that "Keyblade Master" is not the most direct translation of the term Riku used. "Keyblade Hero" would have been closer. But this wasn't really a problem until BbS came out and suddenly Master was an actual rank that wasn't handed out to just anybody.

Back