• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► A quick note about Disney remaking Hunchback of Notre Dame

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
I know this gonna sound like a bad idea but what if they have the Gargoyles as the narrators and voices behind Bells of Notre Dame. Before you banish me from the Disney fandom, hear me out. The gargoyles narrating the story could explain why they are alive at the final battle and makes more sense as to how they know about Quasi’s mom. Plus, it could give Disney an excuse to make them less comical

shivaa

Awards
Is there any casting information for the film?

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Maybe he was telling it after the events of the movie.

And even in this hypothetical scenario, why would the Gargoyles being the narrators give them any knowledge to anything involving Quasi’s mother beyond what Frollo tells Quasi?
If they ARE alive, then they probably watched the whole "Frollo curbstomping Quasi's mom" thing from the top of the cathedral, because remember, the eyes of Notre Dame watched the event take place to begin with.

Perhaps they were waiting for the right time to tell him. Frollo did educate Quasimodo to some extent where he has perfect pronunciation and knowledge of certain things (If I had to guess, maybe the equivalent of high school english) and he experienced hesitation at defying his master. So the gargoyles pulling Quasi aside and saying
"Yo, your mother died to Frollo, he's evil" was very unlikely.

Soldier

Awards
Last I heard, Josh Gad might be playing Quasimodo. Which is a terrible idea. For god’s sake at least cast a disabled actor.
Nah, disabled actors aren't really fit for the Disney mold (their probable words, not mine), That's more ABC's territory. When it comes to live action they feel the need to go with real star power. It's a shame, but that's how it is.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Nah, disabled actors aren't really fit for the Disney mold (their probable words, not mine), That's more ABC's territory. When it comes to live action they feel the need to go with real star power. It's a shame, but that's how it is.
I think the problem is a disabled actor playing Quasimodo would require a voice that can both sing and sound like authentically disabled. Not saying it can’t be done. It’s just be really hard. And before anyone says anything about how I’m wrong for thinking that, Know that I played Scar in a play of Lion King done by a private school for autistic kids and almost half that cast could not act to save their lives. The guy that played Simba pointed the script out to other actors because he couldn’t read English and needed help saying the words.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally I don't want Disney to make them less comical.
I wouldn't have minded the comical gargoyles if they were simply figments inside Quasimodo's head. But the battle at the end implied that they were real. Overall I didn't hate them as much as many people did.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Clashed with the darker tone Disney was going for with the story
Yeah, but DISNEY needed something to add levity to the film. Plus, they weren't that annoying AND Quasimodo needed some kind of positivity in his life.

Back