• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney What Ifs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
The title says it all. Give us your best what if scenario for any film in the Disney universe. I’ll start off with a few.

What if Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was bought back before Walt died?

What if Jack Skelington tried to take over Easter instead of Christmas?

And finally

What if Mulan was a man pretending to be a woman instead of the other way around?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What if Walt lived through the 80s? Would the renaissance still happen?

What if Pixar gave a shit about Buzz Lightyear of Star Command?

What if Disney kept the rights to Power Rangers?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
What if Howard Ashman hadn't died? What would the remainder of the Renaissance have been like with his further influence?
As much as I LOVE the Renaissance as is, I feel like it would've been way bigger if Ashman hadn't died. We would've had Proud of Your Boy in Aladdin and more legendary songs too. Alan Menken was amazing on his own, but he was clearly unstoppable with Ashman.

Now related to the topic, what if Disney cancelled Pocahontas because they realized it was offensive, then made an entirely new movie?

What if Kingdom of the Sun came out instead of Emperor's New Groove? Would it start another Renaissance-like boom or would it be a forgotten musical?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Who said anything about doing it to enter the army? I know that’s the plot of the original but that could change
I think they're implying that if Mulan didn't lie to get into the army, the plot of Mulan essentially wouldn't exist. And you can't pretend to be a woman to enter the army because women weren't allowed to enter it at the time.

Willow A113

Awards
I think they're implying that if Mulan didn't lie to get into the army, the plot of Mulan essentially wouldn't exist. And you can't pretend to be a woman to enter the army because women weren't allowed to enter it at the time.
I know they weren't allowed that's why I'm confused. He would probably need a reason to pretend to be a woman. Maybe the opposite? He didn't want to fight in the war?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Mulan is a guy who dresses as a woman to entertain the troops.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Not necessarily. They cut the song because they had to remove Aladdin’s mum from the story. I guess one could argue that Howard would've fought tooth and nail to keep her in, but not even he always got his way on these things.
Aladdin's mom was cut after Ashman died.

After he died, Katzenberg made her even more irrelevant to the story, to the point of cutting her out completely. Aladdin was a love project for Ashman, similar to The Little Mermaid, and he definitely would've fought to keep the song in. A similar situation happened with The Little Mermaid where Katzenberg wanted "Part of Your World" out, but Ashman threatened to leave the project if it was removed.

Who knows if Aladdin's mother would've been removed if Ashman had lived. But considering how much he loved "Proud of Your Boy" to such a deep level (even more so than Ariel's song) it wouldn't be impossible to assume it would be kept in. Plus, most of Aladdin's crew loved the song even after it was removed.

But even if the song was removed if Ashman lived, I truly believe he would've written an amazing replacement. As much as I like "A Whole New World" I think "Proud of Your Boy" is so much better.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
Aladdin's mom was cut after Ashman died.
Yes. But what I’m saying is she wouldn't necessarily have survived the cut had Howard lived.

Howard was very good at getting his way, but not always. One notable example of this is how he originally wanted the Beauty and the Beast prologue to feature an actual, fully-animated 11-year-old Prince Adam. He certainly went down fighting on that one, but he still got overridden.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes. But what I’m saying is she wouldn't necessarily have survived the cut had Howard lived.
I'm just saying that I believe Ashman's death was the catalyst for the mom's removal. I could be wrong, but he has influenced many plotlines in The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. It's not a bad assumption to think he'd do the same for Aladdin's mother.

I could be wrong, but we will never really know because he died before the entire revision.

WaltK

Awards
^Hence why I said "not necessarily" 😛

Anyway, what if Lilo and Stitch had kept the original "Stitch is just a random alien criminal" story instead of the genetic experiment stuff? Would the movie still have been as successful? Would it have been as franchise-able? And if so, what would the franchise look like now?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
^Hence why I said "not necessarily" 😛
Okay, true, ya got me there c; I forget the English language lol

Anyway, what if Lilo and Stitch had kept the original "Stitch is just a random alien criminal" story instead of the genetic experiment stuff? Would the movie still have been as successful? Would it have been as franchise-able? And if so, what would the franchise look like now?
If Stitch was still as cute, probably??

vaderskywalker

Awards
What if Disney kept the rights to Power Rangers?
First off horrible idea, Disney did not care about Power Rangers, if they still had it, they would only be showing reruns, and in the worst way possible, look up Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2010, it's just season 1 with revisions, and worse it's counted as season 18, yeah, a revision of season 1 counts as season 18, I always ignore that, and pretend that samurai is season 18 instead because that is the way it's supposed to be, and either they would have continued that way, or they would have locked it in the Disney vault never to be seen again, probably until at least Disney plus, and even then, no guarantee of it being put on there, sorry about the tangent there, big fan of the series, still watching to this very day. anyway, moving on, what if Anakin never turned to the dark side, and realized that his dreams were a trap.

Last edited:
Back