• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you think the opening will be like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How do you think the opening will be like?

• A recap

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • An introduction to the new arc

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Liodin

Awards
What do you think Nomura will focus on in the opening?

On recapping the previous saga or introducing the new one?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it will mostly be a recap before ending as an introduction of what to expect for KH4. First few minutes will probably be the most memorable moments from the first saga and end with Sora in Quadratum getting ready to face the enemies of that game

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think it will be a fusion of the events that happened in KH3, ReMind, and depending on what happens in the story have elements of the mobile title like the Union Leaders, Foretellers, and Master of Masters.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I hope we'll get to see mostly new elements. Some recaps are inevitable but I'd like mostly something new and mysterious and gorgeous like the first KH opening.

About the recap elements, I hope they are focused on SRK and that we won't see any version of Xehanort outside of maybe a goat symbol. I'm just so sick of seeing Ansem SoD and Xemnas. More focus on Sora's emotional state, his self-destructiveness in particular, how powerless he feels without his friends, and how Kairi and Riku want to save him.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think it can't help but be a recap to some degree, considering you have to go into KH3's plot of Sora using the Power of Waking to save Kairi because she was killed by Xehanort (and perhaps he used the power to do other things related to the final battle, too?) to explain how Sora is in Quadratum in the first place.

So I assume it will show Kairi being broken into pieces (maybe without even showing Xehanort), him restoring her, then him disappearing while sitting on the paopu tree with Kairi before going onto new story elements. Perhaps similar to how he falls "below" Kairi in the KH1 opening, he does the same when it shows him disappearing at the paopu tree--he "falls" down into Quadratum rather than the Dive to the Heart station. I think it would take 30 seconds to summarize that, then perhaps show Riku talking to the star in the Final World before following him and then move on to things related to Yozora / Quadratum's backstory that we probably won't understand until playing the game again (things related to the Gigas and so on).

Last edited:

PikaPal

Awards
Sora making a quick dive into the heart for the 1000th time which at this point he could even consider his second home before Sora wakes up in Quadratum and must get a job at the local McDonald's because Strelitzia thinks he's a lazy bum.

Jokes aside, I think it may be both.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Gangsta rap OP theme sang by Donald and Goofy.

Alvart

Awards
I think it'll show events that happened in the X Saga, but also some that happened previously near the end of the Dark Seeker Saga

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora’s dream while he slept for 7 days. It’ll be a weird, dreamlike recap of events that we play through. Won’t last more than an hour or so at best. Sora then wakes up and so begins KH4.

Back