• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Chuuya
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• That's good to hear. As for the whole college thing, I should be able to rest easy knowing I only have 4 classes out of 5 to deal with (3 of them are physical, one is online) definitely easier to deal with than my last two semesters *Shudders*
    Band camp? can't say I ever went to anything like that. I used to partake in an after school program taking care of a farm as a 10 year old, but that's about it. Then again, i have been trying to teach myself how to play piano, hoping that one day I can play "dearly beloved" with my 36 key keyboard.
    You could just post all of your highlights. That’s what I do.

I actually did get a DA today....I just need to find out how to host photos with it. So far I only put one thing on.
    Thanks for the link. Of all the sites I’ve tried to use, none of them had a resizing option. That should help with the size of pictures.
    Don't feel too bad little lady, take your time, I'm in no rush anyways. Yeah college might be on the horizon for me again in about a month but thats just how things are. Glad to hear you had a good time, though and i hope you polish off those leftovers soon. It's frustrating having a full fridge with no place to put it all eh?
    Oof. I don't know if I could do a month long band camp. I'd probably be insane by the end.
    We haven't gotten our drill yet but we should have it by the end of break, which is only a few weeks.

Yknow...I've all but abandoned my art thread. I want to post but I'm also picky about what I share. Not to mention using Google Drive to share photos is a pain in the butt. I should just get a DevientArt account or something.

So. What other hobbies do you have?
    Aah. Reflecting back in last week, it was fun.

With my flute, I've been playing it for about 8 years, the flute is most likley older than that. It's still up and running but it's tarnished pretty good. I should probably get it cleaned but whatever.
    I also managed to injure my ankle on Friday. I don't know when or how. I was at home, my other foot touched it, and it's been in pain ever since.

Don't stress out, it's not going to be that bad, right?
    I play the flute.

Funny story, our angles were terrible so the section leader had us put our cleaning rods in the beck of the flutes. If they fell out we had to do an exercise of his choosing. Since I'm still new to marching band so it fell out quite a bit.
    Some of the clarinets told us to keep our shoulders straight forwards while marching sideways. Thing is... you can't. Not unless you wanna hurt yourself.

I also feel you on the lack of rain, it's been so dry that we've been on fire restrictions. I'm surprised there isn't any water restrictions with how dry it's been all year. Turf makes the heat ten times worse while outside. By noon the rubber gets hot to the point where you can feel the heat in your shoes. Then with the instruments on the ground they absorb the ground heat and the sun heat. It sucks.
    Ah that's great, it's always better to be selfless rather than selfish.
    Sorry to hear that Howler, that decision is a smart one. It's better to focus on important things that only happen so often and then others later on.
    Yup

We’re all dying a slow painful death from over 90 degree heat, high altitude(the sun can be pretty intense), and turf. Getting sunscreen all over our instruments and burning our hands on the cases putting them away. School for me generally starts earlier than most and it’s close to the school year so thats why it seems to be early.
    Oops, just realized now that i posted on my profile instead of this chat, curses.
    Anyways, how have you been these past few days? Have you been a good girl? any luck with getting a steam card?
    yeah last month. it was a fun time, had tickets for inside the venue but I sat on the lawn with the group I went with.
    So i take it you haven't got that many friends on there right? would you add me if I gave you my steam username? Also, any multiplayer games catch your eye on there? i've been looking for someone to multi with. I could always gift you with a game if i had to.
    As for your gastric issues, I am sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon Howler.
    Well it's been about 2 weeks since I talked to you last Howler, how have you been? I didn't know you had a steam account, what kind of games do you have.
    That's okay, and thanks for trying to help. :D Right now I'm just gonna keep my mind off it and figure it out later.

Yep! Happy Fourth o' July!
    Howdy hoo! I've been busy with other stuff, so I haven't had much time to be on here.

I was gonna post a gif today (here and on Tumblr) but the file size surprised me and I can't post it properly. I've been struggling with how to get it down to 1MB without losing quality. :(
    Joker in the lego games acting goofy just comes with the territory, it's lego, one of the most child friendly things on the planet. You're more likely to get struck down by lighting than see suicide squad's joker in a lego game. And the animated series was geared towards both kids and adults, so they could have him kill people now, but in a comical fashion that keeps to the character. In regards to his recent potrayals, i guess it comes with the changing times. Back in the 50's-60's Joker was more into campy traps and absurd schemes because of the crackdown on comic violence, so suicide squad's joker wouldn't fly by any means. As the years went by, the iterations could get away with more and more because society changes every 10 years or so.
    Ugh the Joker, still don't understand the appeal of that character. Every iteration just gets trashier with each passing decade, maybe that's why my sister's old boyfriend was so enthralled with it. I guess i can somewhat get the idea, he's an extreme clown who is a bit of a sadist, killing people with laughter or making some campy trap for Batman. Either way it isn't my cup of tea, i'm more refined in tastes and mannerisms.
    Me personally, its more of a moral alignment than anything else. You see, my sister had a boyfriend who was OBSESSED with batman (To clarify, not the classic "kid friendly" batman, i mean the dark, edgy batman with the grungy gritty atmosphere) and other Gothic things like the nightmare before Christmas and Invader Zim). whenever I would have to deal with him, that's all he brought to the table, and since i wasn't ever into batman, i could care less. Then he eventually revealed his true parasitic nature and it all spiraled downhill after that. So in the end, if asked marvel or DC, i'd choose marvel due to the arguably light hearted nature and intense, but not gritty feel to it (I mean just look at Spiderman, it can get dark, but in the end it still keeps to its roots as a brighter comic).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back