• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Shade737
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• The Defense of Marriage Act (1996) means that the federal government does not view gay marriage as legitimate, and that states are not required to accept gay marriages in other states as legal.
    "Four states (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, and Vermont) currently allow same-sex marriage (with Maine and New Hampshire having passed not-yet-implemented legislation to join that list), five states recognize some alternative form of same-sex union, twelve states ban any recognition of any form of same-sex unions including civil union, twenty-eight states have adopted amendments to their state constitution prohibiting same-sex marriage, and another twenty states have enacted state-level statutes to the same effect." (Wikipedia)
    Discrimination, of course, but like racial discrimination it will only fade away over time.
    What should be immediately addressed are legal rights. Gays are not treated equally under the law, most can't marry or adopt, and none are allowed to serve openly in the military.
    What masses? What are you on about?
    In America, black civil rights are a given in the minds of almost everyone, there are still acts of discrimation (both obvious and subtle), but it is minor compared to the discrimination of gays. Gay marriage is still up for debate, that is a strong indicator of how things are.
    In terms of media/public attention, gay rights is receiving more attention, but why shouldn't it? In terms of the law, all races are equal, the problems left are socioeconomic, but LGBTs are not equal to straights.
    Uh, okay.
    But by what you're saying, shouldn't gays have more support than blacks? That's not the case at all.
    They're the same concept in terms of marriage. What Dogenzaka said about interracial marriage could easily be applied to gay marriage.

"One of my best adult friends being a man married to a man, I would say relationships' odds of lasting have little to do with gender, and more to do with the actual relationship.

You can dislike gay relationships; I myself would probably never marry/date a man.
    But it's not your place to tell a couple they can't get married based on gender, lol."
    If you seen Bamboozled the rap artist (Mos Def) changed his name to Big Blak Afrika. It fits you..................you know I'm playin right?
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    YOU WAS
    A
    Racism is always going to exist in one way or another. No one or nothing could ever kill it off completely. Look in America, we got equality of oppportunity, not equality of result so in the end we will never be equal. If we were all equal, there's no incentive to better than the other guy
    A
    I think it's been balanced enough. Kind of the time to end affirmative action, or at least I think so. No need to have someone hired because of being black, etc. Why have black or Hispanic scholarships if there are no white scholarships?
    A
    Or he can possibly mess shit up and give conservatives a good chance to run America....again. Liberalism was pretty good post WWII at least until Johnson starting doing the civil rights thing.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back